Waves Flow Motion - New FM Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm The bottom line for me is that when I can render in 96/24 the audio sounds better than when rendered in lower rates. I have only compared 44/24 to 96/24 renders and in all cases, when all the plugins are working properly in both rates, 96/24 is the obvious winner. I trust my ears over anything some audio twit says in a forum. :phones:

Wave confirms "As per the Tech Specs for the Flow Motion, it is supported up to 48k. For the moment there are no plan to get it supported in higher sample rates."

Deal breaker :phones:
Like I said, you're welcome to believe whatever you want if you think it's going to make a difference to your music. I'll stick with what works for 94% of the people and has been for decades.

synth guru wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:44 pm Like I said, you're welcome to believe whatever you want if you think it's going to make a difference to your music. I'll stick with what works for 94% of the people and has been for decades
No no, you are right. I should stop using 96k and just use 44k like 94% of everyone else. actually are you sure its not 95%? :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:06 pm
synth guru wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:44 pm Like I said, you're welcome to believe whatever you want if you think it's going to make a difference to your music. I'll stick with what works for 94% of the people and has been for decades
No no, you are right. I should stop using 96k and just use 44k like 94% of everyone else. actually are you sure its not 95%? :phones:
No, no, you should move on now.

You have determined that this synth is not suitable for you, and that is the right answer for you. I would think that anybody here could respect that.

Your opinion is valid, but it will not matter at all for the folks who are happy to work in 44k or 48k.

But to continue the argument that the synth is worthless because of this deficiency is senseless.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:41 pm But to continue the argument that the synth is worthless because of this deficiency is senseless.
Agreed. It's a really nice synth and a steal at $30US. However it will not work for me. I never said otherwise. Move on now. :tu: :phones:

krabbencutter wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:01 pm Sounds interesting - demoing now :party:
Update: Don't be fooled by the funky interface! This thing is rad :o And once you get a basic grasp of it, the unconventional layout will make much more sense!
Update 2:
- CPU consumption is comparable to Element 2
- no PWM :/
- HUGE amount of presets, check the Artist section!

https://www.waves.com/plugins/flow-motion-fm-synth
Design deep basses, screaming leads, rich pads and growling FX with this hybrid FM synth, featuring an intuitive graphic interface that makes FM synthesis playful and easy, an innovative 16-step snapshot sequencer, and a rich library of over 1000 presets.

Flow Motion combines the best elements of FM (frequency modulation) and analog-style subtractive synthesis in one powerful instrument.

The Flow screen eases your way into FM synthesis, with a uniquely designed graphic FM modulation matrix that connects four powerful mono/polyphonic oscillators with independent waveform and pan controls. You can easily modify assignments between the oscillators, using four independent floating LFO/envelope modulators with intuitive drag-and-drop manipulation.

The Motion screen lets you further control filters, amplitude, EQ and FX in a ‘traditional’ subtractive way, for added power and flexibility.

The 16-step snapshot sequencer enables you to easily capture 16 different states of the synth and switch between them in real time. With 16 recallable snapshots per patch, you can quickly create jaw-dropping sequences, on the fly and in the flow.

With an additional 16-step note sequencer/arpeggiator and built-in FX, this hybrid synth will let you take your ideas to new sonic territories. Huge on tweakability, but light on the learning curve, Flow Motion will advance your creative flow whether you’re a beginner or an expert synthesist.
Man I quite like the UI on this, I think its kind of hip and funky. My guess with the PWM is that it's possibly achievable using FM.

I gotta say it's sonic characteristic is a little unique. Kinda sounds like it wants to be an analogue synth, but doesn't quite get there some times but it also sounds like it wants to be an FM synth, but also can't quite get there at times. Can't decide if I like it or think its average, but I think it's because I'm not accustomed to its sound generators. The quality is certainly there, though.

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 am
That said, Waves installation and plugin management is an unusually clunky process that seems to have resulted from some development decisions taken years ago that probably made sense once but today not so much.
Heh heh...they have been changing with the times, but copy protection remains an issue, right?

Grizzellda wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 am
Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 am
That said, Waves installation and plugin management is an unusually clunky process that seems to have resulted from some development decisions taken years ago that probably made sense once but today not so much.
Heh heh...they have been changing with the times, but copy protection remains an issue, right?
It’s a deterrent as piracy is still an issue. Albeit less of one as their agressive sales campaign would no doubt be encouraging more to buy as opposed to steal.

I just picked this one up. Although feature wise it probably doesn’t offer anything I don’t already have in FM8, Bazille or Blue 2, I thought it had a nice sonic character and to me, the different interface/work flow, seems like it will lead to different results, and to me, that’s worth the cost, though I doubt I’d have purchased it for full price. Seems like I’m getting a Digitone for under $50 that does’t take up space.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I also just got this with the -50% offer.
The gui is really ingenious and super functional despite what people might say.
The only feature which is actually new to my arsenal is the snapshot sequencer.
Other than that, it's a basic FM synth with a killer gui welcoming patch programming.
Very nice product overall, especially at "waves sale" price.

At 50% off at the moment I have to at least give this a chance. I'm pretty sure it's going to be to cpu heavy for my pc but worth a try. The DX7-V (which isn't very cpu heavy) is $200 so if I can this work I will. :D That being said, the Wave Central app has my CPU at 50-60% so would be suprised if this worked...
Ableton Live 10 / Push

This is a no brainer for me:

$21.03 at http://everyplugin.com/flow-motion-fm-synth.html (with code): halfoff

Get it before the code expires :D

I'm in love with this synth! Really love the Motion Screen and the Snapshot Sequencer. This thing sounds freakin' great. Total joy to work with. Waves pulled it out with this one. Best release of the year for me.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”