Waves Flow Motion - New FM Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:51 am In Logic X it doesnt load with a project rate of 88.1k or 96k. 44.1k and 48k are ok. deal breaker for me. :dog: :phones:
It works in Cubase but I think that everything run on double speed on 96kHz or sound designers are all up for Speedcore :)
EDIT: it sync to tempo when playback is on. When it's off then tempo is doubled

Stefken wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm Shut the f**k up.
It's a moron like you that doesn't understand that the install is faulty (or a bad match with one of the major daws). I have literally installed hundreds of plugins without issue and i get this fuckup working too. By holding its hand. Where tickets are concerned: i hardly enter any ticket. Super cheap customer for support.
There's literally nothing wrong with Waves installer. It blows my mind how much whining and false information Waves installation, activation and WUP has been generating. It's like their products attract low IQ people for some reason.

I have been using Waves on my personal computer since the inception of V9 and on others since the mid 90's and have encountered almost no problems. There's obviously been rare small quirks but nothing major. Their products have always been dead easy to install and get working to. Waves Central could be more flexible but it too is super easy to use. There's just no way to mess up and people still do. The same goes for WUP - it's super easy to comprehend, yet somehow so many people just do not get it.
No signature here!

Was demoing it this afternoon and after a while thought to myself - isn't this essentially the same as NI's Rounds?

shonky wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 pm Was demoing it this afternoon and after a while thought to myself - isn't this essentially the same as NI's Rounds?
The snapshot sequencer made me think of Rounds - but Rounds is more flexible (and IMO better) in the hocketing department. Waves' implementation is a bit half-baked. Nice for arpeggios but a missed opportunity.

On the plus side, it's made me dig out Rounds again and saved me $39...

It's your round.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 pm
shonky wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 pm Was demoing it this afternoon and after a while thought to myself - isn't this essentially the same as NI's Rounds?
The snapshot sequencer made me think of Rounds - but Rounds is more flexible (and IMO better) in the hocketing department. Waves' implementation is a bit half-baked. Nice for arpeggios but a missed opportunity.
True, otoh Flow Motion has 3x the voices of Rounds while using only 1/3 of the CPU.

Flow Motion also has a more extensive range of options for FM and PM. So it's all swings and roundabouts.

topaz wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm Still using the same CPU with mix 0 so not off.
Aloysius wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 pm0 = Off
Just tried this at home with the init/basic patch

Delay and Reverb set to 0 mix = 7% CPU
Delay at 0, Reverb set to any non zero mix = 8% CPU
Delay and Reverb set to any non zero mix = 9% CPU

So yep definitely for me 0 = off.

Surely this plugin will be priced $29 in the future, so I will just keep waiting :hihi:
Trance, Trance Is Life

If that was the case all synths would do the same.
interruptor wrote:
No clicks and pops here on my 2010 middle of the range PC running win10.
Maybe you have background processes taxing on your CPU? :shrug:

lol there's 4 waveshells now? what the huck.

really glad most worthwhile plugins are in the 9.6.

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:00 pm It's like their products attract low IQ people for some reason.
And... they want to be engineers, it makes me laugh. :hihi:

Strange that people are getting such different CPU use, I have it on an i7 win 10 64 and find it relatively light on cpu and have no issues at all, in fact it is light enough to be one of my ‘chosen few’ plugs to find its way on to my MS Surface DAW (in Bitwig)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Stefken wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 am Now they still need to get rid of this Waveshell structure and provide some customisations in their install procedure. I'm guessing this won't happen for many years to come as it probably involves a serious change in their internal structure.
Once again, it's not a problem when you have modern DAW with plugin manager (I guess most of them?). For me, to see waveshells I need to open my file explorer and go to folder where these files are. I have not seen waveshell in DAW for very long time. Implementation of plugin manager is daw is much easier to do than changing Waves waveshell system and it also allow you to make your plugin list to look however you want it to.
Vote for plugin manager in your daw today! :)

Return to “Instruments”