Anything particular you want to see from BFD3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

A cheaper upgrade price for an old, BFD 1.5 owner.

And yeah, better grooves. I remember there being a LOT of them, but too many seemed like bridge sections. I haven't seen BFD since 1.5 so pardon the ignorance, but following Toontrack's model would be my suggestion; grooves for song sections. And a song builder would be nice.

Again, if not implemented since 1.5, more/better kit piece layering, formatted similar to Toontrack.
The groove baby, the groove...

Oh, I may as well report a real issue, the BFD Orchestral snares have no flam whatsoever; the flam is something else, I forget but there is definitely no flam to be found. Probably no help coming. I kind of regret this purchase, albeit it wasn't all that expensive.

lasteno wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:12 pm more CC layers for the Hihats 5 it is not enough doesn't sound very real,, to my ears.. toontrack has much more Zones for the CC hi hat openness 2 for close.. and 5 or 6 or even 7 for the open..
Kit 5 hat has 8 types of open, tho

More natural sounding tuning algorithms.
Tape!!

I would also appreciate extended Win 7 support.

This tool is a miracle worker. I had no idea you were the one who made it. Thanks a bunch!
Burillo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Amberience wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:22 pm Ha!! I remember that, was quite impressed that someone would go to the effort to do it. I never got involved in it because the in-house notion was pretty much 'let people get on with it, but it's unsupported' - fortunately nobody really ever emailed us with any problems resulting from editing their XML.
so, either no one ever used it, or it's a testament to how careful i was at making sure i don't touch anything other than what i intended :D

What I would like to see in terms of

New content :

A Rock Percussion type library with a range of cowbells, shakers and tambourines with a wide variety of articulations and alternate hits. The existing Percussion Library pieces contain mostly 1 main hit, articulation, no alternates-or shakes... nowhere near varied enough to get realistic results.

Fixes to existing packs:

update the bfd2 era expansion library installers to bfd3 so I don’t have to spend a hours re-converting them to bfdlac after I install.

Update the presets and kits to bfd3. Add the missing kit files and presets files to the older expansions like jazz n funk.

Fix bfd deluxe backyard hi tom, it is supposed to be named mid tom.

Fix bfd modern retro tama starclassic snare stick and brush xml files to remove those corrupt characters that prevent bfd3 from seeing the kit pieces properly

Fix the bug where your drum pieces stop appearing when you scroll 30 % of the way down the list and all you see is a blank area. I’m on windows 10 and own almost all of the expansions and it seems it is too much for the display area to handle such a long list

Content management: make it more efficient and simple to scan content and a better folder structure. Maybe find a format where your drum expansions are converted to a single file, like platinum samples does with their monolith files for accent player. Heck, a centralized app called fxpansion central that can install and authorize your content and keep it up to date would be really neat. Right now it is a lot of work to do this manually.

Allow users to use their own mixing plugs in the bfd3 mixer.

Add a tape saturation effect to the bfd mixer and an la2a type comp. a dedicated transient shaper

Make the groove pane easier to work with. I have thousands of grooves and it is hard to sort through them and see what is what. Toontrack definitely have a good system for that. Maybe you could find inspiration from that

Make the “drum view” graphics less generic. It would be nice to see a more distinct visual representation for different types of kit pieces instead of “circles”. Right now, a crash cymbal looks the same as the shaker that I might have added right next to it.

Last edited by triggerthehorizon on Thu May 23, 2019 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

triggerthehorizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am update the bfd2 library installers to bfd3 so I don’t have to spend a hours re-converting them to bfdlac after I install.
they have a separate expansion (London Sessions i think?) which has BFD2 library converted to BFD3. unfortunately, you don't get it for free if you own BFD2, so you'll have to buy the library twice.
triggerthehorizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am Allow users to use their own mixing plugs in the bfd3 mixer.
no way. implementing a VST host is no mean feat, i'd rather leave it up to the people who do it best.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yes, I own London Sessions but I was referring to the bfd 2 era expansions that still have a bfd2 only installer
Burillo wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am
triggerthehorizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am update the bfd2 library installers to bfd3 so I don’t have to spend a hours re-converting them to bfdlac after I install.
they have a separate expansion (London Sessions i think?) which has BFD2 library converted to BFD3. unfortunately, you don't get it for free if you own BFD2, so you'll have to buy the library twice.
triggerthehorizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am Allow users to use their own mixing plugs in the bfd3 mixer.
no way. implementing a VST host is no mean feat, i'd rather leave it up to the people who do it best.

ah, gotcha.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

No worries, I have edited my post for clarity. Btw, is there a newer version of the bfd3 xml editor available than the release candidate from a few years back ? Would it be possible to also convert bfd2 grooves, kits and presets to bfd3 format ? That would be useful

Frantz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 am I would also appreciate extended Win 7 support.
+1 for me.

triggerthehorizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am No worries, I have edited my post for clarity. Btw, is there a newer version of the bfd3 xml editor available than the release candidate from a few years back ? Would it be possible to also convert bfd2 grooves, kits and presets to bfd3 format ? That would be useful
no, there's no newer version, since the RC seems to be working fine. i might revisit it to handle admin privileges correctly, but other than that, i don't think there's any new stuff coming.

and no, i don't want to touch the grooves, kits and presets conversion. i wrote the existing one because i was doing that by hand and i knew what i needed. not so with other stuff.

Does anyone here know where I can find the “BFD from Hell” converter FXpansion released way back when, to convert DFH Superior to BFD format ?

Return to “Instruments”