GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 pm Hello All !
Let us share with you a sneak peek of the upcoming Granulizer 2 update.
You can find more details in the video description!
Cheers !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8ZR3vEIh4
p.s Some of the new features are the answers to your requests!
Awesome jam.

Now there's a VST2 I can make a NKS version of this to do this sort of thing with my NI keyboard.

@aMUSEd, how do you like Granulizer so far? Did you finally pick it up?

I bought it when it first came out but at the time it only supported au so was waiting for a VST version to really get into it. Now I can control it better I'll probably use it more.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 pm I bought it when it first came out but at the time it only supported au so was waiting for a VST version to really get into it. Now I can control it better I'll probably use it more.
Great to read man :tu:

Do you know where it is storing the presets on Mac?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 pm Do you know where it is storing the presets on Mac?
Same question. One of my synth presets is missing g.

OK I've made a controller template for controlling this in NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine - also added all the needed NKS integration files, database entries and thumbnails for the keyboard browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igdctpuft0jp ... DK1Oa?dl=0

I started saving out presets then realised there is a bug so can't do anymore till that is fixed. If I export a preset to .nksf it saves the plugin settings but not the sample loaded so when you reload it it just changes settings but the sample stays the last one loaded. It should of course do both. I suspect this could also be a problem in other hosts where people try and save the preset with the project.

This is my first granular synthesizer. So far, I’m loving some of the presets. But I’ wondering if anybody can link me to some articles or tutorials that those familiar with granular feel are exceptional?

Imho, one of the best things to do is to try and make your own granular synth, with something like reaktor or the less complicated MUX. This will give you a great insight into what it takes to produce a good granular sound. Many might be surprised that much of the characteristic sounds we equate with granular, have nothing to do with granular itself, mostly it’s the results of applying them to granular material. Which on its own, can be quite unimpressive.

Of course that might be too much trouble for some. I can attest that it can be quite an eye opener.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 pm Do you know where it is storing the presets on Mac?

Hello aMused the presets are located here :
/Users/Shared/Inertia Sound Systems/Plugin Presets/Granulizer 2

best,

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm
Same question. One of my synth presets is missing g.
Hello perpetual3
Indeed there is a problem with audio missing in one preset. There is already a fix for this and it will be included in the next update!
best,

lnikj wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:10 pm Just demoing this.

I think you could do with a built in compressor for dealing with quiet sections for the sample. A great deal of a typical sample has very low levels that are borderline unusable.

Maybe I'm missing something though.
Indeed the final sound intensity depends on the sample used. We are working on that, in terms of optional audio normalization. But we are also planning a full featured effect section, with dynamics processing included!
Thanks for the feedback!

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:44 pm OK I've made a controller template for controlling this in NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine - also added all the needed NKS integration files, database entries and thumbnails for the keyboard browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igdctpuft0jp ... DK1Oa?dl=0

I started saving out presets then realised there is a bug so can't do anymore till that is fixed. If I export a preset to .nksf it saves the plugin settings but not the sample loaded so when you reload it it just changes settings but the sample stays the last one loaded. It should of course do both. I suspect this could also be a problem in other hosts where people try and save the preset with the project.
aMused,
That is strange and we are looking into that, we haven't run into any preset saving problems up to now. We will get back to you as soon as we find out what is wrong there. It would also be of great help if you gave us more info about your setup, and the steps you follow in a pm here or via your contact form!
Again, thanks for the feedback!

I already sent you a bug report. To be clear this is saving presets in Komplete Kontrol's format (.nksf), not Granulizer's own, however this is essentially the same as saving a project in any DAW that contains an instance of Granulizer with a preset loaded, you would expect that project to recall the preset settings and the sample loaded each time (e.g if I do the same with any other sample based plugin like Omnisphere or Kontakt it reloads the whole patch including the sample).

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 pm I already sent you a bug report. To be clear this is saving presets in Komplete Kontrol's format (.nksf), not Granulizer's own, however this is essentially the same as saving a project in any DAW that contains an instance of Granulizer with a preset loaded, you would expect that project to recall the preset settings and the sample loaded each time (e.g if I do the same with any other sample based plugin like Omnisphere or Kontakt it reloads the whole patch including the sample).
Alright, thanks for the info!
We' ll get into that asap!
Cheers!

p.s Just one more thing : Do you have write access in the Granulizer Data folder? (/Users/Shared/Inertia Sound Systems/Plugin Presets/Granulizer 2/Data).

Return to “Instruments”