GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

killmaster wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:43 pm
Autobot wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm I find the price too high for what it is (I do not mean the sale price but I can't even afford that atm however... ). Padshop Pro, Granite and Quanta are in the same price range and Mangle (I know no support at all) cost about 20 gbp. Granulator for Max4Live is free. And the price from v1 to v2 raised about 125%. I'm the only one which find this a strange move. Why this pricey decision.
You are not the only one!
are 125% more features in it? :oops:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:00 am
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:48 pm
Autobot wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm I find the price too high for what it is (I do not mean the sale price but I can't even afford that atm however... ). Padshop Pro, Granite and Quanta are in the same price range and Mangle (I know no support at all) cost about 20 gbp. Granulator for Max4Live is free. And the price from v1 to v2 raised about 125%. I'm the only one which find this a strange move. Why this pricey decision.
Yeah, I was looking at v1 and was anticipating the same price for v2.
That's why I'm still on the fence - bought v1 in the expectation that it would come out as VST at some point, now it has but only as a paid update with a price twice what I originally paid for for the update alone (and on sale at that) - tbh I felt it was incomplete before and more like a pre order really. The fact that it comes with such a small set of presets and more planned will be paid addons makes me wary of getting into it too.
We are part of this community and enjoy the one on one approach with our users, so here goes nothing:

GRANULIZER 2 is not a pretty version of GRANULIZER 1.

It is a new instrument on its own. Hundreds of hours spend it tuning it to sound the way it does. We avoid adding bells and whistles and try to keep a minimal distraction between the person who operates it and what comes out

That does not mean that it lacks in any way. It is a complete rewrite from scratch. GRANULIZER 1 could not have grown in the way GRANULIZER 2 will. There are more than twice the features.

for example HIVE: is a module that could stand as a separate effect plugin. a high quality diffusion delay featuring zero delay feedback analog modeled filters with subtle soft saturation, infinite feedback, control over diffusion amount, size, and more.

Yet we chose to include it here, for new and upgrading users.

The WARP and FX module have also been tuned from the start.

The preset system. It includes *just* 30 presets. Yet every sound will help you create new music or whatever you’re trying to create. That is because, we are musicians ourselves, and we eat our own dog food.

New packs of sounds will be coming soon, and of course depending if your already own GRANULIZER 2 will be getting those for free. Now, if we create a pack with another musician or something that stands on its own we might need to charge, but still people who are already on the Inertia family will be getting a discount.

We are trying to offer you the best thing possible but in a way that allows us to continue to do so.

That is why we upgraded all users of GRANULIZER 1 who bought it from August forward (almost 4 months back), to GRANULIZER 2 for free.

And our older customers can stack the New Release/Black Friday discount along with an extra 25% discount. And we have this running until the 30th of this month. We don’t want to leave anyone behind.

You might find the pricing not to your liking. That’s Ok. We put real thought behind it, and consider it the best option for us and our users. Still it’s good to have a discussion on it and voice your opinion, because we can’t always be correct, that’s impossible. We want you to feel free to reach out if you want, we are always open to suggestions and trying to better ourselves.

With our total appreciation, the Inertia team.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:31 pm
That's why I'm still on the fence - bought v1 in the expectation that it would come out as VST at some point, now it has but only as a paid update with a price twice what I originally paid for for the update alone (and on sale at that) - tbh I felt it was incomplete before and more like a pre order really. The fact that it comes with such a small set of presets and more planned will be paid addons makes me wary of getting into it too.
We are part of this community and enjoy the one on one approach with our users, so here goes nothing:

It is a new instrument on its own. Hundreds of hours spend it tuning it to sound the way it does. We avoid adding bells and whistles and try to keep a minimal distraction between the person who operates it and what comes out

That does not mean that it lacks in any way. It is a complete rewrite from scratch. GRANULIZER 1 could not have grown in the way GRANULIZER 2 will. There are more than twice the features.

for example HIVE: is a module that could stand as a separate effect plugin. a high quality diffusion delay featuring zero delay feedback analog modeled filters with subtle soft saturation, infinite feedback, control over diffusion amount, size, and more.

The preset system. It includes *just* 30 presets. Yet every sound will help you create new music or whatever you’re trying to create. That is because, we are musicians ourselves, and we eat our own dog food.

New packs of sounds will be coming soon, and of course depending if your already own GRANULIZER 2 will be getting those for free. Now, if we create a pack with another musician or something that stands on its own we might need to charge, but still people who are already on the Inertia family will be getting a discount.

We are trying to offer you the best thing possible but in a way that allows us to continue to do so.

That is why we upgraded all users of GRANULIZER 1 who bought it from August forward (almost 4 months back), to GRANULIZER 2 for free.

And our older customers can stack the New Release/Black Friday discount along with an extra 25% discount. And we have this running until the 30th of this month. We don’t want to leave anyone behind.

You might find the pricing not to your liking. That’s Ok. We put real thought behind it, and consider it the best option for us and our users. Still it’s good to have a discussion on it and voice your opinion, because we can’t always be correct, that’s impossible. We want you to feel free to reach out if you want, we are always open to suggestions and trying to better ourselves.

:tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

OK fair enough :) Thanks

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:53 pm

OK fair enough :) Thanks
Bah, we thought there would be more drama! :D

Seriously though, if you have any ideas or feature requests, our email is always open. Don't hesitate, we might argue but for sure it's better when we're communicating.

All good, man. Will pick it up.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:04 pm

All good, man. Will pick it up.
Thank you for putting your trust in us :)

Honestly, I have no idea how you ended up comparing Granulizer with Granite or Quanta or Padshop. Except granular synthesis, they don't share any features and have nothing in common with Granulizer really. I know cause I own Granite, Padshop and Granulizer. Very different, none of these synths have a spectral effect implemented in their synthesis, none of them have a frequency shifter per grains, none of them have a diffusion delay. The DSP engine sounds very different too. Day and night compared to let's say Granite. But hey I'm not trying to convince you that one is better than the other, they all have their strengths really! :D

But I think it's unfair to compare Granulizer with these just because they share the same synthesis. I really think it's a unique granulator like no other on the market. For me it stands alone with its own unique features. Too expensive? Could be. Or not. Totally subjective.

Neon Breath wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:31 am
Honestly, I have no idea how you ended up comparing Granulizer with Granite or Quanta or Padshop. Except granular synthesis, they don't share any features and have nothing in common with Granulizer really. I know cause I own Granite, Padshop and Granulizer. Very different, none of these synths have a spectral effect implemented in their synthesis, none of them have a frequency shifter per grains, none of them have a diffusion delay. The DSP engine sounds very different too. Day and night compared to let's say Granite. But hey I'm not trying to convince you that one is better than the other, they all have their strengths really! :D

But I think it's unfair to compare Granulizer with these just because they share the same synthesis. I really think it's a unique granulator like no other on the market. For me it stands alone with its own unique features. Too expensive? Could be. Or not. Totally subjective.
Are there any audio demos of this thing? I can't find any anywhere. Not even on the site.

Hello All !
Let us share with you a sneak peek of the upcoming Granulizer 2 update.
You can find more details in the video description!
Cheers !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8ZR3vEIh4

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 pm Hello All !
Cheers !
p.s Some of the new features are the answers to your requests!

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 pm Hello All !
Cheers !
Hmm thanks, looks promising. :party:

Also, since there is a sneak peek of Granulizer 2.1, we decided to extend our offer until Sunday :)

Just demoing this.

I think you could do with a built in compressor for dealing with quiet sections for the sample. A great deal of a typical sample has very low levels that are borderline unusable.

Maybe I'm missing something though.

lnikj wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:10 pm Just demoing this.

I think you could do with a built in compressor for dealing with quiet sections for the sample. A great deal of a typical sample has very low levels that are borderline unusable.

Maybe I'm missing something though.
Hey that's a pretty cool idea actually :)

Return to “Instruments”