GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm How many presets does it come with now?
Hello aMused, around 30, but there's preset packs coming in the short future!

c_voltage wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 pm
c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm Hi Inertia, tried demo just now, strange behavior (plugin install\scan and run ok, with already loaded wav) but at press note here occurs clipping by level, without produce any sound, and attempts do drop overload do not helps (constant clipping after pressing the first note).
Maybe require some new cpu's ? (some avx instructions i mean), just i has an old core quad.
Win7 64bit, Studio One 3
Hello c_voltage,
Can you share a bit more info? i.e what CPU, buffer size, and sample rate are you using?
Yes ofcourse: CPU intel Q9505, soundcard buffer size 512 samples, sample rate 44100
(As well - i check both versions, vst2 and vst3 - the same behavior for me.)
Ok, send us a request here https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/contact/
and we will try to resolve the issue.
Best.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:51 pm I (finally!) had the some time to experiment with this new big v2 update.

Wow, I have to say Granulizer is even more great and geared up now with its new features (that new Hive effect :eek: ) for soundscapes, drones and other atmospheric sounds... I can't believe there's no words yet in this thread about how great is sounds and how unique this granular synth is.

Anyhow, just wanted to say good work ISS for this cool monster update :tu:

Happy granulation!
Thanks Neon Breath!!
We re happy you're enjoying it!
Happy granulation!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:43 pm Thanks to the person or people of Inertia Sound Systems for giving me very prompt help with my registration mistake. I give you guys a solid A for your attention but also for your product...a granular instrument that has a wide palette but is also quite easy to access. A real keeper. Good day-
You're too kind. Welcome to the Inertia family! :)

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:52 pm
c_voltage wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 pm
c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm Hi Inertia, tried demo just now, strange behavior (plugin install\scan and run ok, with already loaded wav) but at press note here occurs clipping by level, without produce any sound, and attempts do drop overload do not helps (constant clipping after pressing the first note).
Maybe require some new cpu's ? (some avx instructions i mean), just i has an old core quad.
Win7 64bit, Studio One 3
Hello c_voltage,
Can you share a bit more info? i.e what CPU, buffer size, and sample rate are you using?
Yes ofcourse: CPU intel Q9505, soundcard buffer size 512 samples, sample rate 44100
(As well - i check both versions, vst2 and vst3 - the same behavior for me.)
Ok, send us a request here https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/contact/
and we will try to resolve the issue.
Best.
Thanks. (Sent message thru web form just now, but i'm not sure that it done - after sent here opens blank screen, but i hope it was sent)

The new zoom tool is great, way easier now to micro-select parts of the area of a sample you want to granulize. Quick request though that could be useful is a way to zoom-in the selection/selected area, instead of zooming in manually until the selected area of the sample is zoomed in the wave viewport. What do you think?

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 am The new zoom tool is great, way easier now to micro-select parts of the area of a sample you want to granulize. Quick request though that could be useful is a way to zoom-in the selection/selected area, instead of zooming in manually until the selected area of the sample is zoomed in the wave viewport. What do you think?
Yep, zoom to selection is a todo item already :wink:

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 am
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 am The new zoom tool is great, way easier now to micro-select parts of the area of a sample you want to granulize. Quick request though that could be useful is a way to zoom-in the selection/selected area, instead of zooming in manually until the selected area of the sample is zoomed in the wave viewport. What do you think?
Yep, zoom to selection is a todo item already :wink:
Niiiice, you guys rock :tu:

I find the price too high for what it is (I do not mean the sale price but I can't even afford that atm however... ). Padshop Pro, Granite and Quanta are in the same price range and Mangle (I know no support at all) cost about 20 gbp. Granulator for Max4Live is free. And the price from v1 to v2 raised about 125%. I'm the only one which find this a strange move. Why this pricey decision.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm I find the price too high for what it is (I do not mean the sale price but I can't even afford that atm however... ). Padshop Pro, Granite and Quanta are in the same price range and Mangle (I know no support at all) cost about 20 gbp. Granulator for Max4Live is free. And the price from v1 to v2 raised about 125%. I'm the only one which find this a strange move. Why this pricey decision.
Yeah, I was looking at v1 and was anticipating the same price for v2.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:48 pm
Autobot wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm I find the price too high for what it is (I do not mean the sale price but I can't even afford that atm however... ). Padshop Pro, Granite and Quanta are in the same price range and Mangle (I know no support at all) cost about 20 gbp. Granulator for Max4Live is free. And the price from v1 to v2 raised about 125%. I'm the only one which find this a strange move. Why this pricey decision.
Yeah, I was looking at v1 and was anticipating the same price for v2.
That's why I'm still on the fence - bought v1 in the expectation that it would come out as VST at some point, now it has but only as a paid update with a price twice what I originally paid for for the update alone (and on sale at that) - tbh I felt it was incomplete before and more like a pre order really. The fact that it comes with such a small set of presets and more planned will be paid addons makes me wary of getting into it too.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 pm
Niowiad wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 pm On another note, I personally think you should really include links to you website in the OP and your forum signature as well, like all the other devs do after all.
Thank you for your suggestions. The signature is much more useful now, hopefully :)
Fyi
Kvr sig isn't visible on all device browsers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

InertiaSoundSystems Hmm, strange, i did install plugin again, and issue is gone by some reason :-?
Thus, excuse me, all works properly now.(again, in Studio one 3)

Well, what about plugin, quite not a bad, there is pretty interesting moments in working. And perhaps, just two note to future:
- cpu usage sometimes quite noticeable (yes, my cpu, but nonetheless)
- as i see, here is lack of habitual "wave scan" ability, although here able to playback of selected area in wave, and in theory if it were possible to automate the borders of the selected area, it would be it. (And that more convenient just make knob for this).
EDIT Yes, this is what already was mentioned by Caine, about Position feature.

If somehow improve these two things, it would turn out to be quite a cool granular.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:18 am InertiaSoundSystems Hmm, strange, i did install plugin again, and issue is gone by some reason :-?
Thus, excuse me, all works properly now.(again, in Studio one 3)

Well, what about plugin, quite not a bad, there is pretty interesting moments in working. And perhaps, just two note to future:
- cpu usage sometimes quite noticeable (yes, my cpu, but nonetheless)
- as i see, here is lack of habitual "wave scan" ability, although here able to playback of selected area in wave, and in theory if it were possible to automate the borders of the selected area, it would be it. (And that more convenient just make knob for this).
EDIT Yes, this is what already was mentioned by Caine, about Position feature.

If somehow improve these two things, it would turn out to be quite a cool granular.
Hello c_voltage,
Happy to hear that Granulizer 2 is working on your system, even if we don't officially support your setup.
You can refer to Granulizer 2 FAQ about CPU and memory consumption here :
https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/faq/granulizer-2/

Visual feedback is something we are considering for the future!
Cheers!

You are not the only one!

Return to “Instruments”