GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 pm Are there any indepth youtube reviews of this ? Can't seem to find much on it
No need of a Youtube review. Just grab the demo and you'll hear right away what this thing is capable of. That Diffusion delay combined to the granulation, oh my god... :ud:

Any idea how Granulizer 2 compares to Ableton's Granulator 2? I'm looking for more than what Granulator 2 offers.

Also, I followed the link to their site, but I don't see a demo download option.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm Any idea how Granulizer 2 compares to Ableton's Granulator 2? I'm looking for more than what Granulator 2 offers.

Also, I followed the link to their site, but I don't see a demo download option.
Very very different. in fact, they don't share anything expect the granular synthesis itself but that's it. Ableton's Granulator 2 is more like a 'traditional' classic granulator, while Granulizer has very unique features implemented that can't be found in any other granular synths, like the warp effect and the spectral frequency shifter.

There's a 'try it out' button on the right of the mid-page: https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... nulizer-2/

It’s simply a very unique synthesizer capable of producing sounds you can’t produce elsewhere. At least I can’t.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:23 pm There's a 'try it out' button on the right of the mid-page: https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... nulizer-2/
Ah, thank you. I'm old and it was an inconspicuous button--I thought only the manual was the only thing available--and my eyes are going--and . . . I'm dumb sometimes.

Definitely seems a cracking granular synth so picked up the bad boy at this discounted rate :)

InertiaSoundSystems: Obviously I hope nothing like this happens but say something goes badly wrong and the website goes down sometime in the (hopefully far far) future.... What will be the potential activation method if I get a new computer (and thus a new Device ID) and so need to get a new activation code ?

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:02 pm Quite a shame I kept missing all these "50% off" periods - I just gave G2 a test run and I´m quite impressed - it´s so easy to create good-sounding drones it feels like cheating :hihi: Gotta grab it during the next sale!
Hello epiphaneia and thanks for the feedback!!
Granulizer 2 is now on sale up until July 8 with 30% discount!
Cheers!
I shall be grabbing it this time, and I´m going to give Instinct a good test whirl as well :phones:

Say, would it be technically feasible to do what Granulizer does with realtime input, offer an effects version with not-too-hard-hitting latency?

Two crashes so far on my crap Dell Vostro i5-2400, 16 GB RAM rig, in Ableton Live 10 Suite--to be expected, I suppose, and yet I keep buying plug-ins with my computer upgrade money, grrrrr. But damn, I like this. It offers more than what I currently have for granular: Granulator 2 and Iota (Ableton Max for Live devices), all the Glitchmachines products, Biotek.

Are you all only using it for pads?

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:05 pm Are you all only using it for pads?
I use Granulizer for all sorts of weird textures, bizarre sounds and atmospheric soundscapes/drones or anything experimental actually.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 pm Are there any indepth youtube reviews of this ? Can't seem to find much on it
No need of a Youtube review. Just grab the demo and you'll hear right away what this thing is capable of. That Diffusion delay combined to the granulation, oh my god... :ud:
I grabbed the demo and realised Granular isn't what I thought it might be and seems to be hard to control, it does make some very interesting sounds though just not sure it's something I need in my life right now as it doesn't seem very musical :help:

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:05 pm Two crashes so far on my crap Dell Vostro i5-2400, 16 GB RAM rig, in Ableton Live 10 Suite--to be expected, I suppose, and yet I keep buying plug-ins with my computer upgrade money, grrrrr. But damn, I like this. It offers more than what I currently have for granular: Granulator 2 and Iota (Ableton Max for Live devices), all the Glitchmachines products, Biotek.

Are you all only using it for pads?
Hello Dirtgrain! Sorry to hear about the crashes, you can contact us via support to address your issues. We are also happy that you like Granulizer 2. Here is a video with Granulizer 2 destroying a drum loop :)
https://youtu.be/TS8ZR3vEIh4
best!

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:41 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:02 pm Quite a shame I kept missing all these "50% off" periods - I just gave G2 a test run and I´m quite impressed - it´s so easy to create good-sounding drones it feels like cheating :hihi: Gotta grab it during the next sale!
Hello epiphaneia and thanks for the feedback!!
Granulizer 2 is now on sale up until July 8 with 30% discount!
Cheers!
I shall be grabbing it this time, and I´m going to give Instinct a good test whirl as well :phones:

Say, would it be technically feasible to do what Granulizer does with realtime input, offer an effects version with not-too-hard-hitting latency?
Nice :)
No it would not. Granulizer 2 is a synthesizer, thus it is fundamentally different from a granular effect.
The key difference is that in a synthesizer you have the sample already at hand, and the grains can be located all over the audio sample provided. On the other hand in a granular effect or delay, only the past samples can be processed. Similar effects though can be produced at times. Granulizer 2 is also polyphonic and each voice is essentially a granular oscillator by it self :)
best!

Just had a play around with the demo and this feels very nice to use, well done with the combination of the core engine and effects, they work really well together.

I've been trying to do the classic granular pad sound where you scan extremely slowly through a short sample of an instrument or vocal with a large grain size and a lot of playheads, but I'm guessing this is the kind of sound that won't work well with Granulizer's grain engine as it's only one playhead so you end up with audible gaps between the big grains. I assume this is where you're supposed to use the effects to generate continuity in the drone/pad?

I'm also slightly confused about the mode button - it says it decouples playback speed from grain size, but the grain size parameter still has a noticeable affect on how fast you scan through the loop region.

Awesome plug-in! Going to grab it really soon.

Hez wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:44 pm Just had a play around with the demo and this feels very nice to use, well done with the combination of the core engine and effects, they work really well together.

I've been trying to do the classic granular pad sound where you scan extremely slowly through a short sample of an instrument or vocal with a large grain size and a lot of playheads, but I'm guessing this is the kind of sound that won't work well with Granulizer's grain engine as it's only one playhead so you end up with audible gaps between the big grains. I assume this is where you're supposed to use the effects to generate continuity in the drone/pad?

I'm also slightly confused about the mode button - it says it decouples playback speed from grain size, but the grain size parameter still has a noticeable affect on how fast you scan through the loop region.

Hello Hez
would these settings work for you?
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.56.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.56.33 PM.png
Yes it decouples it. As the manual says when mode is off speed and density are depending on the size value, and their internal values are tied to that. When mode is on they are not, but the size value changes are reflecting to the result independently.

Hope this helped. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”