Thorn 1.1 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Figured this would be a good heads-up for Thorn users that aren't signed up to the newsletter. Copy-paste:

Envelope Attack / Decay / Release time range is longer now
It's possible now to modulate ModDepth
Fixed incorrect unison spread when oversampling is turned on
Sustain pedal works in ARP mode now
Opened popup menus do not crash when closing Thorn's editor
FLT1 / FLT2 envelopes work when ModMatrix bypassed
Minor fixes and improvements
You could download the update by the following links:

For Windows: http://dmitrysches.com/files/download/Thorn_Win_110.zip
For Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/download/Thorn_Mac_110.zip

download is going extremely slow for me right now.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

BeeDog wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:51 am Envelope Attack / Decay / Release time range is longer now
Yes! That was one of the main issue I had with Thorn. :)

Hopefully the CM version users get that as well.

Just checked an older project. It seems the envelope behavior changed the sound of older projects :(
Big no-go for me.

Update: there will be a hotfix release soon. Bug is confirmed by developer.

Nice fixes, especially the unison probem.

dermage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am Update: there will be a hotfix release soon. Bug is confirmed by developer.
Will the fix return the previous attack and decay shapes?

Igro wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
dermage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am Update: there will be a hotfix release soon. Bug is confirmed by developer.
It's not about the shapes apparently, but the filter modulation.
As far as I understood he forgot to implement backward compatibility for the bypassed mod-matrix change.

dermage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:01 pm
Igro wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
It's not about the shapes apparently, but the filter modulation.
As far as I understood he forgot to implement backward compatibility for the bypassed mod-matrix change.
Right, thank you for the explanation.

I like how he implemented the expanded release setting. I was worried if my presets would sound different. Most of the pads have release to max so if he added a few seconds, it could change the sound of previous presets. All is good though. The release slider compensated for this adjustment. The release is no longer at maximum on the presets. :D Nice update.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

As I understand it is not really possible to play with the filter real time? Does it have a slow response due to the nature of the synth?

Great sounding synth, the update just makes it all the better.

Igro wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 am As I understand it is not really possible to play with the filter real time? Does it have a slow response due to the nature of the synth?
there is a bug when no midi note is played, the filter does not change by automation. It's fixed in a future update.
Do you own it or are you asking for our experience?

dermage wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:01 am
Igro wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 am As I understand it is not really possible to play with the filter real time? Does it have a slow response due to the nature of the synth?
there is a bug when no midi note is played, the filter does not change by automation. It's fixed in a future update.
Do you own it or are you asking for our experience?
In Studio One, the Thorn filter IS changing using the automation. But i think I'm talking about a different thing. If you turn the filter from right to left (or vise versa), the sound will not change instantly. It will be slowly moving from the high frequency to the low frequency (and vise versa).
Last edited by Igro on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yes, please contact Dmitry for that, he will help. Very responsive.

Return to “Instruments”