Need help with Omnisphere 1 install on FL Studio 20

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am installing Omnisphere 1 and I am not sure where the 64 bit VST plugin DLL file goes. I also am unsure where to install the STEAM folder at.

The default folder for the DLL file is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins. If I put it there, will FL Studio be able to find the plugin?

Same for the STEAM folder. The default directory is C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics

I just want to make sure I get this right before I begin the install process with my disc cause on the install guide it says the install can take 3 hours :o

Thanks

FL Studio will be able to find the .dll if you add that path C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins to Fl's "Plugin search paths" in the Plugin Manager. Then do a re-scan. :)

fl 102118-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 am FL Studio will be able to find the .dll if you add that path C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins to Fl's "Plugin search paths" in the Plugin Manager. Then do a re-scan. :)

fl 102118-1.png
Ok Thanks alot. And the STEAM folder default location is ok to?

I'm sorry I don't own Omnisphere so can't comment on the Steam part of the installation. The advice above was just generic information to allow FL Studio to find any plugin .dll.

It's been my experience that it's usually best to allow software to install wherever it wants. Seems to lessen the chances of problems occurring.

Perhaps someone who owns Omni can comment on the Steam part of the install. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Why don't you just install it from the discs? It doesn't take that long, and it has the advantage of installing everything where it needs to be.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm Why don't you just install it from the discs? It doesn't take that long, and it has the advantage of installing everything where it needs to be.

he is installing it from the disc(s).
I just want to make sure I get this right before I begin the install process with my disc ...
anyway. yes fls will find the dll as long as you tell it where to look as per the advice above.

many plugins still (stupidly) automatically add "steinberg" to the install path...its annoying. my advice is to just remove that bit and install into C:\Program Files\vstplugins you can put them wherever you want really...as long as you tell fll where to look.

as for the steam folder...i wouldnt touch that at all. let omnisphere put it where it wants to....its kind of picky about that folder and whats in it. it is possible to move that folder...but i wouldnt suggest it.

3 hours is a bit of an exaggeration...if it takes your machine that long to install it...you might have other issues. but yes...it does take a while.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”