Synth1 - Best Banks, Tips, and Tricks for getting the best from Synth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

omac wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 pm wagtunes - you should because that would be a power move. It would remind me of Dave Chappelle and Prince.
Done. Because I do have a sense of humor.

How old is your son?

Fair play Wags. It's all meant in good humour. :D

mutantdog wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:43 pm Fair play Wags. It's all meant in good humour. :D
Actually I think it's pretty cool looking. Maybe it'll even get a reaction from people. I could put in my sig, "Avatar By Mutantdog" and maybe get you some business as an avatar maker.

Looks like Hitler :hihi:

Thanks to everyone who has taken a little of their precious time to share their bank preferences!!! (seriously)

I agree with the listing of Noleen's banks, and Mr. Wobble's, and I always thought the Teksonik banks were top notch!

Yes, Synth1 IS capable of far more than would be imagined from its somewhat limited controls, but often that requires a little thinking outside-the-box! Pianos, guitars, drums and barrels, and more can be obtained, but it takes time, craft, and a good deal of luck, IMO. More than any other softsynth I've had the joy to patch design for, there seems to be an unusual amount of voodoo/luck/happenstance with this little guy. And therefore my request for any tips and tricks (because I've pretty much exhausted all mine!).

But these outside-MY-box bank suggestions are greatly appreciated!

My son just turned 22, and I feel he needs a bit of poking to get going as he's a little (too) absorbed in the video gaming world. But once he's prodded to learn guitars and keyboards he seems to do surprisingly well, and I think he'd love to compose music in a DAW system. I don't think he realizes how relatively easy it can be, at least on some levels. So I'll help him get started, and he can explore, command, or ignore - but at least he has easy access to the tools to do as he pleases. I just can't understand why he doesn't eat, sleep, and dream music like I did growing up! :)

Thanks again, everyone!

Wow, 22, I thought he was like 14 or so, judging from what you wrote...
If he is not into making music at 22, he probably never will be...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 pm Wow, 22, I thought he was like 14 or so, judging from what you wrote...
Well, not exactly fluffy... sometimes certain situations or events in our lives can be determinant, independently of age, we should take in account that for the lack of knowledge our actions are limited only to that we only know, maybe music is not his thing but maybe he would like to create music and enjoy, who knows...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 pm Wow, 22, I thought he was like 14 or so, judging from what you wrote...
I wrote my first song in 1977. I was 20 years old. I didn't start getting serious about it until 1984. I was 27.

Please stop making assumptions based on nothing but your own personal uninformed opinion.

All these people, and plenty more, started careers after 30.

2 Chainz​
James Murphy
Matt Berninger​ ...
Thelonious Monk. ...
Rachel Platten​ ...
Debbie Harry. ...
Leonard Cohen

I was not talking to you. I am free to assume whatever I want, it is none of your business...
And yes, it is my belief that someone who is not into making music at 22 will likely never be, especially at a time when making music is so readily available and affordable. I have not ruled it out, but it is not very likely.
Maybe he even feels a bit discouraged by his dad's passion for making music. When he is into playing video games, maybe he is simply a very different kind of person...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:03 am I was not talking to you. I am free to assume whatever I want, it is none of your business...
And yes, it is my belief that someone who is not into making music at 22 will likely never be, especially at a time when making music is so readily available and affordable. I have not ruled it out, but it is not very likely.
Maybe he even feels a bit discouraged by his dad's passion for making music. When he is into playing video games, maybe he is simply a very different kind of person...
When you post on a public forum, you're talking to everybody and anybody can respond. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. You're entitled to your opinion, but when you make assumptions like that based on nothing BUT your opinion, people are going to call you out on it.

Lotta maybes in your above post for which you have no proof or even any evidence for any of them.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:03 am I was not talking to you. I am free to assume whatever I want, it is none of your business...
When you post on a public forum, you're talking to everybody and anybody can respond. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. You're entitled to your opinion, but when you make assumptions like that based on nothing BUT your opinion, people are going to call you out on it.

Lotta maybes in your above post for which you have no proof or even any evidence for any of them.
When I asked "how old is your son" and he replied and I replied to him again, it is clear that I was indeed talking to him specifically, not to others in this thread, including you. Sure, you can respond, like the odd man out, but what's the point? To me the only posts that matter are the ones of the thread owner...

But no, you keep stalking me like in other threads, always trying desperately to counter my opinions, which of course are just as legitimate as anyone else's. That's the whole point of opinions and assumptions. And like I told you before, opinions and assumptions don't require any proof or evidence. Claims do...

Get a life :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm
All these people, and plenty more, started careers after 30.

2 Chainz​
James Murphy
Matt Berninger​ ...
Thelonious Monk. ...
Rachel Platten​ ...
Debbie Harry. ...
Leonard Cohen
I don't know all those people, but Debbie Harry (she began her singing career at the age of 23), and about Thelonious Monk it says on Wiki: "In his early teens, Monk toured with an evangelist, playing the church organ, and in his late teens he began to find work playing jazz."

People who make it in music, usually start out as children or teenagers.
Singing is a bit different as everyone thinks they can sing, and some actually can. Singing is much easier than playing an instrument at a sufficient level. And let's face it, one can have a singing career without being a good singer these days :hihi:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That was also a bit my impression. Parents should not tell their 22 year old "children" what to do and be interested in. There is a time for trying to get children interested in this or that so that they find out what they themselves might like, but that time is long over in my view.

And although Synth1 is a good free synth, a 22 year old person might find other, more modern synths much more appealing - if he or she is interested in synths in the first place.

Return to “Instruments”