Synth1 - Best Banks, Tips, and Tricks for getting the best from Synth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OllyAudio wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 pm https://www.dropbox.com/s/secti83fo1fp9 ... o.mp3?dl=0

you create one of these in Synth1. Then it will become clear to you what I meant about the limitations and about the compositional sounds.
whats so great about that resonant, whiny noise? i think my bad ass synth1 guitar sounds kicks its ass.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

omac wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:45 pm @wagtunes - to be fair. the OP asked for your favorite synth1 banks. You told him to search for the big package of synth1 soundbanks and to learn to program synth1. That sort of is condescending, don't you think? Doubly so if his soundbanks are recognized as some of those quality soundbanks that are distributed with synth1. I'm just showing this from another viewpoint and hoping you can see that it might be offensive on the surface.
First of all, I don't know this guy from Adam. I had no idea he was such an expert sound designer. So excuse me. Second of all, read the subject line. The bank of 14,000 presets is considered a staple of this synth. Ask anybody whose downloaded it, which I'm sure has to be close to just about everyone who has the synth. If there's a sound you're looking for, this bank has it. It's a gold mine. So yes, that is my favorite synth1 soundbank, which is actually a collection of tons of soundbanks.

I answered his question the best I could with the limited amount of information that I had.

So please don't talk to me about being condescending.

Eventually, I'm just going to stop helping people altogether. it's not worth all the shit I have to take.

God I hate this place.

Here. Here's the link for the Synth1 patches.

https://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.com/ ... -free.html

If you do a Google search it is LITERALLY the first result. That's how popular it is.

Damn, I was just trying to help and all I get is shit.

Here's one updated for 2018.

http://techno-addicts.com/free-techno-s ... -1-presets

25,000 presets. Probably contains the 14,000 in the original file that goes back I don't know how many years.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:14 am I realize asking a question of "best" is highly subjective and tuned to various styles of music, but I believe there can be some consensus on which dozen or so banks are in the top tier.
So suggesting just about every patch ever made for Synth 1 isn't helpful in the least bit. Certainly you can see that, no ?
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:28 am God I hate this place
Then go away. I'm sick and tired of hearing how much you hate "this place" yet here you are every day. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 pm
SciFiArtMan wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:14 am I realize asking a question of "best" is highly subjective and tuned to various styles of music, but I believe there can be some consensus on which dozen or so banks are in the top tier.
So suggesting just about every patch ever made for Synth 1 isn't helpful in the least bit. Certainly you can see that, no ?
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:28 am God I hate this place
Then go away. I'm sick and tired of hearing how much you hate "this place" yet here you are every day. :roll:
Except that zip file is one of the most downloaded for this synth on the Internet. And it contains a number of individual banks programmed by many of the people here at this very forum. So go and tell THEM how unhelpful it is to recommend their patches.

mutantdog wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:03 pm Image
Very mature. Let me know when you graduate to finger painting.

It worked though. :D

mutantdog wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:13 pm It worked though. :D
Worked at what? Showing what a child you are? Yep, did that REAL well.

layzer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:25 pm
OllyAudio wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 pm https://www.dropbox.com/s/secti83fo1fp9 ... o.mp3?dl=0

you create one of these in Synth1. Then it will become clear to you what I meant about the limitations and about the compositional sounds.
whats so great about that resonant, whiny noise? i think my bad ass synth1 guitar sounds kicks its ass.

If this is a simple resonant noise, create a similar sound in Synfh1. I'm not talking about courage or strangeness, but about the possibility of synthesizer.
:phones:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:56 pm Except that zip file is one of the most downloaded for this synth on the Internet. And it contains a number of individual banks programmed by many of the people here at this very forum. So go and tell THEM how unhelpful it is to recommend their patches.
You're just not getting it Wags. Recommending ALL the banks is not helpful when someone is asking for opinions on the top 12 banks. He's not asking for Synth 1 banks he's asking for opinions on the "best" banks.

So basically what you did was if someone asked "what's the best synth for acid basslines" and you gave a link to every VSTi plugin ever made. That would be equally pointless and of no help at all.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:18 pm
mutantdog wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:13 pm It worked though. :D
Worked at what? Showing what a child you are? Yep, did that REAL well.
Generic hostile reaction when confronted with own image. Standard NPC response.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:23 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:56 pm Except that zip file is one of the most downloaded for this synth on the Internet. And it contains a number of individual banks programmed by many of the people here at this very forum. So go and tell THEM how unhelpful it is to recommend their patches.
You're just not getting it Wags. Recommending ALL the banks is not helpful when someone is asking for opinions on the top 12 banks. He's not asking for Synth 1 banks he's asking for opinions on the "best" banks.

So basically what you did was if someone asked "what's the best synth for acid basslines" and you gave a link to every VSTi plugin ever made. That would be equally pointless and of no help at all.... :shrug:
So you want me to go through all the banks in that zip file and pick out all my favorites?

He's still going to have to download the whole zip file to get them.

Can you create a regular metal barrel in Synth1? With all the nuances of sound?
:phones:

Return to “Instruments”