Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

wow! That is excellent news.

baconpaul wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:21 pm
cantaloupe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:49 pm Is microtonal support planned for this? Having an up-to-date freeware synth of this complexity and quality with microtonal support would be fantastic. I find the sound quality of this thing endearing, almost like a lo-fi 90s digital vibe. And i love the GUI and workflow so much.
I actually have a branch that reads .scl files and retunes s the synth accordingly. I plan to get it in before 1.6.0 - that is before the summer starts. There’s a github issue on it you can follow if you want to be updated
+1 That is excellent news. :hyper:
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

AJYoung wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:34 am
baconpaul wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:06 am A github issue with the offending .wt file attached in a zip would be great. Things that make surge crash get my attention indeed, so would love to be able to try and reproduce it.
So I think I've narrowed down the issue. I'll write something up on GitHub here in a bit, but I think it has to do with wavetable file size. I can get the wavetables to work with lower numbers of waveforms in them, but it will crash with higher numbers (such as the 256 in a Serum wavetable).
Alright, I've finally written up a GitHub issue on this. #872

Just as a test, could I ask a favor of other Surge users? Download these wavetables and see which ones work for you. I want to see if they crash other people's DAW's as well:
Test.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 pm Just as a test, could I ask a favor of other Surge users? Download these wavetables and see which ones work for you. I want to see if they crash other people's DAW's as well:

Test.zip
Those wavetables in that zip file do NOT appear to be valid Surge Wavetables.
SUrge v1.5 does not load any of them.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

We are on 1.6 beta, a lot has changed...

layzer wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:39 am Those wavetables in that zip file do NOT appear to be valid Surge Wavetables.
SUrge v1.5 does not load any of them.
They fit the described wavetable format on the GitHub. To be fair, I'm testing Surge 1.6 beta 9, so I don't know if 1.5's expected Wavetable format was any different.

test-122 SHOULD load. I don't expect the other ones to. I was just seeing if this was an isolated problem or not.

Luckily, Baconpaul was able to reproduce it and is working on a fix.

How to control lfo's rate ? modulation routing to lfo's rate ? ( not DAW's envelop automation )
Thanks for help

double click an LFO, then use arrow near other lfo button

kito wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:52 pm double click an LFO, then use arrow near other lfo button
Thanks !

AJYoung wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 pm
Fix is in the nightlies too now!

baconpaul wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm
AJYoung wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 pm
Fix is in the nightlies too now!
And works great, thank you! :tu:

Delete me.

I had a play with this and wow :tu:

This is quite the great instrument! It took a little bit of time to wrap my head around the unusual looking GUI but once i figured out the signal flow and how to modulate things it was pretty straight forward.

I think the only glitch I got was when I tried to import my serum Wavetable collection (.Wav files) into Surge. All i got was the rapid playback of the entire wave file. Then after I fiddled with the morph knob on a oscillator it did this funky glitchy sound and ended up crashing.

Other than that this is a pretty great tool and quite powerful for a freebie!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:00 am I think the only glitch I got was when I tried to import my serum Wavetable collection
Surge doesn't support Serum-format Wavetables yet. Mainly because Serum's tables are sampled at 2048 per frame, and Surge only uses up to 1024.

I know they're working on supporting that in the near future.

Does this work in FL studio now?. The last time I tried this in FL it just shut down immediately.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Return to “Instruments”