Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Oh OK, I thought everyone knew it was a virtual instrument already.

Yes, virtual instrument. Confuses me every time I see this thread in the sidebar. :)

Examigan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:01 am Oh OK, I thought everyone knew it was a virtual instrument already.
It's good to be thorough :)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Kind of perplexed because I bought both Thorn and Tantra from third-party resellers and didn't get any sort of notice regarding this upgrade.

What a badly managed operation is this transition to Plugin Alliance.
Just received the following mail:

Information for buyers of Icarus and Pathogen for Dmitry Sches Thorn, otherwise please disregard.

Hi all,
You may have seen the recent email from Dmitry announcing his shift with Thorn to Plugin Alliance. If you choose to upgrade to the 1.2 Plugin Alliance version please be aware that, because of a change in the storage location for the presets with no checking on the old location, any presets you have stored other than the factory ones will disappear once you upgrade.
It's just a case of moving the presets to the new location, they are still there, but I am in communication with Dmitry to see if they can resolve this within the plugin.
I'll keep you updated, if you have the issue please get in touch with either PA or myself, I don't yet know the new preset location but PA should be able to talk you through shifting the presets (and presumably the samples) to where they now expect them to be...
Sorry for any inconvenience!

All the best,
Greg.
Empty Vessel.

Why the hell weren‘t they at Plugin Alliance better prepared?

I already posted the new preset location some pages ago.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:52 am New location for User Presets/3rd party soundsets:

Mac:
Library (not user)/Application Support/DS Audio/DS Thorn/Plug-In Presets/

Windows:
C:\Users\[User Name] \Documents\DS Audio\DS Thorn\Plug-In Presets\
Here it is.

elassi wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 pm
Igro wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm DS is not an EU company. So no GDPR.
A misunderstanding one finds quite often. Truth is: As soon as you deal with or even just offer to Europeans, GDPR chimes in.
Are they going to litigate you in a foreign country under EU laws? :hihi:
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am
A misunderstanding one finds quite often. Truth is: As soon as you deal with or even just offer to Europeans, GDPR chimes in.
I'll try to explain with a football example (that's what most people understand, even the simple ones):

Why do you think Mr. Joseph Blatter and other FIFA officials do not travel to the US anymore? Hmm? I'll tell you: They fear a ligitation or already have been ligitated by US justice though in other parts of the world nobody cares. FIFA HQ is located in Switzerland, so why should they give a fuc* when it comes to US law? Well, you can answer that question yourself now.

Of course, DS Audio is too small to wake up any dog. But that doesn't mean that Dmitry or any other One-Man-Show can - theoretically - do what they want.

Btw, a lot of US-based companies have changed their processes to meet EU GDPR rules. Are they stupid? Why didn't they ask you before spending millions for nothing?

v1o wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am
Well, yeah...

It's again one of those things where EU laws bowed down to a minority instead of the majority, making it difficult for small companies all over the EU, which have to conform to a law which deludes you into thinking that the internet is a private place on your computer. And all that the new law really changes is that you people click away yet another weird dialog they don't understand or want, because a "smart" minority dictated that it has to be that way.

Yup... smart as in "smart"... :hihi:

toonertik wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:11 pm Yup... smart as in "smart"... :hihi:
From "their" perspective it actually is smart.

EU is a big player event, accordingly the decisions favour huge companies. For example, the change in VAT rules some years ago also wiped small enterprises off the market. Most prominent example in KVR's point of view is MadGav (VAZ), who simply decided to close his business rather than dealing with annoying legal stuff.

There are much more show cases out there, i.e. changes to Greek retail trade legislation that allowed international multis to kick small vendors off competition, but let's not turn this thread into a political debate. ;-)

is this why there was no houmous or pitta in morissons? :x

Can't tell, I cook at home and prefer to do so. :D

edit: haha, my English
Last edited by elassi on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnderWillSaveUs wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 pm Any one that are not going to redeem their upgrade voucher, I would greatly appreciate it.
+1

(edit, my misstake, I'm looking for a PA $25 voucher not an Thorn upgrade voucher... viewtopic.php?p=7313106#p7313106 )
Last edited by Kr3eM on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”