Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:27 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pmI suspect he wasn't able to isolate the database by product type and therefore sent it to everybody. Besides there was no way I was going to pay PA prices for it.
There must have been a lot of quirks... users not getting emails at all, or only from PA, non-users receiving vouchers, regular vouchers cannibalizing the fee, no personalization (thus opening a wild west market we will see shortly)...

Lessons to learn...
It certainly is amateur hour to say the least.

dermage wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:33 pm Anyone of you guys complaining:
Download links are back with a notice what happened:

http://dmitrysches.com/thorn-pa
Will I get support if I don't migrate?

Of course! We answer to all emails and try to help in any case, even if you are not our registered customer.

Will you release updates for the previous version of Thorn?

Since Plugin Alliance is our target platform, all our efforts will be put to develop further our PA products. We unfortunately can't maintain two versions at the same time. However, we will provide minor updates for the previous version of Thorn if we find any compatibility issues with the latest Windows / macOS updates.
That's good news. :tu:

"During 2019 we plan to migrate all our plugins to Plugin Alliance, so hopefully in 2020 we will have all possible transition issues fixed and resolved all ambiguities. DS Audio soon will be exclusively distributed by Plugin Alliance."

So another $19 for Tantra and another $19 for Diversion?
I asked DS this and am awaiting his answer.

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Of course! We answer to all emails and try to help in any case, even if you are not our registered customer.

Since Plugin Alliance is our target platform, all our efforts will be put to develop further our PA products. We unfortunately can't maintain two versions at the same time. However, we will provide minor updates for the previous version of Thorn if we find any compatibility issues with the latest Windows / macOS updates.
So please remember: Don't panic y'all :)
Wait for a statement, even if it takes a day.
Go make music and come back to find (almost) all problems solved. :tu:

Rivanni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm

"During 2019 we plan to migrate all our plugins to Plugin Alliance, so hopefully in 2020 we will have all possible transition issues fixed and resolved all ambiguities. DS Audio soon will be exclusively distributed by Plugin Alliance."

So another $19 for Tantra and another $19 for Diversion?
What I understood, and if not right for you, ask him please. He plans to release Tantra 2 and Diversion 2, which will be for PA exclusively.

I'm pretty sure he will provide minor fixes for Tantra 1 and Diversion 1 (as he said he will do with Thorn 1.1).

Rivanni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm So another $19 for Tantra and another $19 for Diversion?
Please let us know what you discover. I would be interested in IF that is the case...although, he is in v2 development, so it may be a whole other ballgame.

I now own 2 versions of thorn. hahaha

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 pm

I now own 2 versions of thorn. hahaha
Finally you can record it in stereo!

is there a rose between them?

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 pm is there a rose between them?
:dog:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

A rose is a rose is a rose!

thejonsolo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Rivanni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm So another $19 for Tantra and another $19 for Diversion?
Please let us know what you discover. I would be interested in IF that is the case...although, he is in v2 development, so it may be a whole other ballgame.
DS wrote:
"I'll try my best to offer free updates for future Diversion 2 and Tantra 2, otherwise provide some really worthy update options. This time it was an awkward campaign for Thorn, next time we will make it much more user friendly an provide benefits for customers.
Thank you very much for your interest and sorry for disappointing news."

So nothing conclusive, but he's doing what he can. Now wait and see what PA is going to do in the future.

Any one that are not going to redeem their upgrade voucher, I would greatly appreciate it.

Did I miss something? What is Thorn VI?

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 pm Did I miss something? What is Thorn VI?
Virtual Instrument I suspect, not #6.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”