Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:45 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm Is it done with Reaktor again?
No. For the hundredth time... :lol:
the only question in the history of humankind that surpasses "is it made with reaktor?" is "are we there yet?" on long journeys with kids.
it just beat "does this taste off to you?" and "does my arse look big in this?" to the number two slot.
You naive humanoid! "Does it sound like a Virus?" beats everything.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Massive X is not Reaktor based, by the way. Just to mention it on this page, so noone has to ask again. :P

Can I haz MPE support?

Well I don't like Reaktor much or dark interfaces so I guess Massive X isn't for me :(

I heard that VST4 plugins will only run in Reaktor.

LoopyFruit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 am Well I don't like Reaktor much or dark interfaces so I guess Massive X isn't for me :(
Sarcasm, or what? Massive X isn't a dark interface, nor has it anything to do with Reaktor (AGAIN).

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
LoopyFruit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 am Well I don't like Reaktor much or dark interfaces so I guess Massive X isn't for me :(
Sarcasm, or what? Massive X isn't a dark interface, nor has it anything to do with Reaktor (AGAIN).
No its not dark, but its kind of "dimmed", if you stack against white it looks like that and the control panel being dark brown makes whole interface a bit ehm yeah not very clear, you want to increase the brightness :) i also kinda miss some contrast when it comes to UI. NI definatly could make the main panel (or to say background image) have changable colors like TAL does with his plugins and Dune 2 had.

Here is a small comparison example of bright GUI's.

For example Spire, has also that greyish background, but by introducing white panels suddenly the whole interface feels a bit more clear, just because the color match gives a better contrast to parameters text :) In Massive X it feels everything monotone and gives a bit harder time to identify parameters :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I truly adore the marketing capabilities of NI which keep this still not released synth for half a year now in the communication loop (and still going strong...) :clap:

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am I truly adore the marketing capabilities of NI which keep this still not released synth for half a year now in the communication loop (and still going strong...) :clap:
Its not NI marketing, Massive is one of the most popular synths ever and this is a successor, there is no way no one would not talk about it :)

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am I truly adore the marketing capabilities of NI which keep this still not released synth for half a year now in the communication loop (and still going strong...) :clap:
Its not NI marketing, Massive is one of the most popular synths ever and this is a successor, there is no way no one would not talk about it :)
The trick is that Massive X has nothing to do with original Massive. It's just a marketing trick to sell a completely new product under the name of old one.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Well apart from all the original people who worked on the original Massive are also working on MX and especially all the DSP being handled by Mike Daliot just like in the original Massive, so you KNOW it's going to be great. Also there are a number of things that have been taken over from original Massive and improved upon. You can definitely consider it as Massive 2.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:33 am
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 am
The trick is that Massive X has nothing to do with original Massive. It's just a marketing trick to sell a completely new product under the name of old one.

Well, the original NI Massive was a Reaktor drum sequencer, so there’s that :tu:

Peak KVR.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

On a serious note, I absolutely hate it when knobs and buttons are the same color as the background. Or a slightly different hue.

And the "one strip bright - one strip dark" bullshit, as in Linplug Spectral for example. And now in Massive X.

The UI designers for Massive X need to be shot - seriously! :x

Have a look at that 'beauty' :roll:

Return to “Instruments”