Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

That's a MacBook, so probably at least 2K display there.

Finally new synth from Native Instruments after 10 years which is not Reaktor -based. I'm very interested in this could be next big thing like the New Coke from The Coca-Cola Company or The Chevy Chase Show. I think this will put out of business many vst companies. And the name Massive X is so hip and cool and extreme, dude! So Massive X let's make vst plugins great again!

Oopi wrote:I think this will put out of business many vst companies.
Why? :)

chk071 wrote:
Oopi wrote:I think this will put out of business many vst companies.
Why? :)
i think (hope) he's taking the piss, it's reads like a certain persons twitter feed...

Touch The Universe wrote: Massive X:

The forthcoming sequel to NI's virtual analog synth is more extreme, more expressive, and more expandable in every way.
I wonder if it will be able to load blocks made by users - and/or there might be official expansions released over time. Maybe it will also be possible to load Massive X as an effect plugin, as with Absynth and FM8.

EvilDragon wrote:That's because Reaktor doesn't do multicore.
Is there some insurmountable hurdle making it impossible, or would it just take a little work?

Reaktor is a really REALLY complicated thing internally, if it were "a little work" they would've done it ages ago. So, it's an extremely complex thing to add, since it touches on just about everything in Reaktor's innards...

Like Kontakt i don´t think Reaktor will ever be really user friendly and will have a much better GUI as well.
Maybe the should dump the old code and start from zero :D ....yes, i know that will not happen. But while the "try" to update their old dinosaur codes/GUI´s whatever, new developers coming out with more interesting and more efficient tools.
If this Massive X will have a resizable GUI i´m happy with how it looks but if that is not the case i forgot about it. Sound is important but GUI and workflow is on the same place for me these days since most plug-ins sound great today.
Of course there teaser says nothing but show me the same boring (at least for me) dub thingies i´m tired off.

Reaktor's GUI is just fine, honestly. It was massively revamped back for Reaktor 5.5 and from there it was just improvements. I also wouldn't say it's not user-friendly, it's more of the case that users don't like reading the manual :D

EvilDragon wrote:Reaktor's GUI is just fine, honestly. It was massively revamped back for Reaktor 5.5 and from there it was just improvements. I also wouldn't say it's not user-friendly, it's more of the case that users don't like reading the manual :D
yeah, can't say ive ever had an issue with how reaktor looks.
im not great at patching in it, but as you say, it's because i haven't read the manual. i started way back on sessions at reaktor 2 or 3 and due to the library have never really felt the need to do my own ensembles :shrug: there's people with better ideas doing that, if i need to modify anything that's easy enough once you open it out

you can't expect it to be as easy as lego and get great stuff, it takes time and learning the program fully to get to that. same as anything, you just have to decide where to put your energy.

(royal you, not you at anyone in particular)

Folks, folks, apparently there was a typo. I just received word from NI that the new synthesizer is called Assive X and will be usable exclusively for making fart noises. (So, yes, dubstep.)
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Folks, folks, apparently there was a typo. I just received word from NI that the new synthesizer is called Assive X and will be usable exclusively for making fart noises. (So, yes, dubstep.)
That fits into the current Modular craze... :hyper:

EvilDragon wrote:Reaktor's GUI is just fine, honestly. It was massively revamped back for Reaktor 5.5 and from there it was just improvements. I also wouldn't say it's not user-friendly, it's more of the case that users don't like reading the manual :D
Saving presets and ensembles is not particularly user-friendly...

pdxindy wrote:
Saving presets and ensembles is not particularly user-friendly...
Well, there are several ways to go about it. The simplest is actually NOT using snapshots system, which forces you to resave the ensemble. You can just use the preset system (so, not embedded to ensemble, no need to modify or resave ensemble). For that it's just a simple File->Save preset as... command. Or in Reaktor's preset browser, instead of in "Embedded" section, use the User section to create such presets. Again, no need to touch the ensemble at all. Pretty easy.

Benefit of using presets system as opposed to snapshots is that you DO NOT need to load the ensemble first in order to load those presets. You just load the preset and it opens the appropriate ensemble along. Of course, in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, even snapshtos are recognized as presets and you can just load whichever snapshot you want, it also loads the appropriate ensemble without you needing to load it beforehand.

Return to “Instruments”