Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

dune_rave wrote:No, it has a bigger size also
EvilDragon wrote:Yeah it's just as small :D
Hmmm, where? :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is Reaktor NI's own SynthEdit, so to speak?
Not at all.

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Is Reaktor NI's own SynthEdit, so to speak?
Not at all.
indeed, it's nowhere near as good

Is it based on Reaktor? Yes? Bye bye then.

Igro wrote:Is it based on Reaktor? Yes? Bye bye then.
No it is not. At all.

that video is a teaser, nothing more. so... sure, i know how crazy this sounds, but am going to wait until a) i hear/see online demos. and b) i can demo it myself. then i'll hate it (or love it, or...)

You mean even if its components were developed and tested in Reaktor, but don't require Reaktor to run the final synth?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Apart from Monark they have always tended to go more for the digital and experimental as a company - so you have Razor (spectral, additive), Prism (modal synthesis), Absynth (granular, spectral), Kontour (phase modulation) and FM8 (FM) - but there are more traditional VA emulations in the Reaktor user library (including a fantastic EMS emulation in the latest Reaktor builders competition). The closest in their own product range are probably Rounds, which does incorporate polyphonic VA as well as digital sound generation but in a very non traditional manner, and Spark, which is a subtractive synth but focuses on the use of osc feedback (kindof like a souped up feedback OSC from V-Synth) making for a very 'alive' sounding synth. Oh and Reaktor Blocks which have East and West coast based modules and lots more.
I see. Maybe the new Massive will have a convincing analog side to it. The current one has, too, but people keep saying it sounds cold and digital...
Yeah well 'people' hear what they want/expect to hear. It doesn't have to sound cold and digital (not that digital is bad anyway).

chk071 wrote:
You mean even if its components were developed and tested in Reaktor, but don't require Reaktor to run the final synth?
It is known that the first Massive was born (prototyped) as a Reaktor Ensemble, and only later coded as an independet instrument.

It wouldn't surprise me (nor would it diminish the instrument to me, either) if this second iteration was also prototyped in Reaktor. There's nothing wrong in the approach. It is already said that the instrument is individually coded, so... :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Hopefully it inherits some of NI's Reaktor creations' analog modelled filters. :love:

chk071 wrote:
Their best Reaktor synths are cpu hogs. That is why I asked.

That's because Reaktor doesn't do multicore.

and of course reaktor core language will never be as optimised as c++
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Question is... is it also a laptop resolution (1367x768, or similar). If it's full HD, then there's no need to worry. And i doubt they'd make a GUI which is too tiny for full HD, let alone 4K.

Return to “Instruments”