Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Wow. A modular wavetable synth, interesting. If I can stack up as many oscs and lfos as I want, that would be awesome and actually more than I was hoping for.

The gui kind of looks like they just yanked and lined up a lot of blocks from reaktor, which is just fine imo :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Wow. A modular wavetable synth, interesting. If I can stack up as many oscs and lfos as I want, that would be awesome and actually more than I was hoping for.

The gui kind of looks like they just yanked and lined up a lot of blocks from reaktor, which is just fine imo :lol:
From the look of it, seems unlikely that you can stack up Osc's... my guess is that it is a fixed set of modules that can be wired however one wants...

aMUSEd wrote:
db3 wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Also, late 2018 and still no high-DPI support :-?
So annoying...and something many devs are guilty of. Surely they realise upscaling makes their products look shite. :x
This seems to be an assumption but as I said before, their last 2 packs of FX are vector based and resize beautifully, there's nothing I can see that suggests Massive X does or doesn't at the moment.
I think it would be crazy to release a GUI in 2019 that wasn’t scalable. But you never know with NI.

I am not very familiar with NI, don't they have any normal poly synth of the analog type (I know Monark, but it's monophonic)? Would be strange since it is such a big company...

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am not very familiar with NI, don't they have any normal poly synth of the analog type (I know Monark, but it's monophonic)? Would be strange since it is such a big company...
Apart from Monark they have always tended to go more for the digital and experimental as a company - so you have Razor (spectral, additive), Prism (modal synthesis), Absynth (granular, spectral), Kontour (phase modulation) and FM8 (FM) - but there are more traditional VA emulations in the Reaktor user library (including a fantastic EMS emulation in the latest Reaktor builders competition). The closest in their own product range are probably Rounds, which does incorporate polyphonic VA as well as digital sound generation but in a very non traditional manner, and Spark, which is a subtractive synth but focuses on the use of osc feedback (kindof like a souped up feedback OSC from V-Synth) making for a very 'alive' sounding synth. Oh and Reaktor Blocks which have East and West coast based modules and lots more.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FM8 is actually, just like the DX7, doing phase modulation, not freq modulation. :)

They definitely need to bring back Pro-53 :D That was my first vsti synth aside from the stock ones in fl studio. That was/is a great sounding synth. 90% of the sounds are dated but the other 10% are gold.

Next best thing would be to convert Pro-53 patches intro Repro-5, but I don't know if this is possible.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

pdxindy wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:Wow. A modular wavetable synth, interesting. If I can stack up as many oscs and lfos as I want, that would be awesome and actually more than I was hoping for.

From the look of it, seems unlikely that you can stack up Osc's... my guess is that it is a fixed set of modules that can be wired however one wants...
I dunno, the wavetable block is labeled "Dual Wavetable," which almost makes it sound like it's a replaceable module.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I'm sure this will be a Kontakt stuff.
The new Kontakt does this wavetable thing, and they will introduce this feature in Massive X.
Anyway, this is really crap marketing, I rather invest into synths of other companies, those who proved they can create superb sounds with superb gui/workflow.
(Yeah, I'm quite mad they won't do an FM9 or FM X :)

Touch The Universe wrote:Next best thing would be to convert Pro-53 patches intro Repro-5, but I don't know if this is possible.
Yeh, it should be possible to convert a number of Pro-53 patches to Repro-5, except Repro-5 doesn't have highpass mode for the filter, doesn't have envelope triggered via LFO, and Analog parameter in Pro-53 is quite different compared to Repro-5's Unison Detune... Oh, and detune range in Pro-53 for oscillator B is 0-100 cents, while Repro-5 does +/-20 cents.

Another thing that is very tedious to figure out is, since Pro-53 doesn't have parameter value readout, when you sync the LFO to MIDI, you can't easily tell to which note division it was synced. That is pretty stupid.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's a cool reaktor instrument from the library, that is quite a pro-53, even copying the gui...

Yeah it's just as small :D

Is Reaktor NI's own SynthEdit, so to speak?

No, it has a bigger size also
EvilDragon wrote:Yeah it's just as small :D

aMUSEd wrote:Apart from Monark they have always tended to go more for the digital and experimental as a company - so you have Razor (spectral, additive), Prism (modal synthesis), Absynth (granular, spectral), Kontour (phase modulation) and FM8 (FM) - but there are more traditional VA emulations in the Reaktor user library (including a fantastic EMS emulation in the latest Reaktor builders competition). The closest in their own product range are probably Rounds, which does incorporate polyphonic VA as well as digital sound generation but in a very non traditional manner, and Spark, which is a subtractive synth but focuses on the use of osc feedback (kindof like a souped up feedback OSC from V-Synth) making for a very 'alive' sounding synth. Oh and Reaktor Blocks which have East and West coast based modules and lots more.
I see. Maybe the new Massive will have a convincing analog side to it. The current one has, too, but people keep saying it sounds cold and digital...

Return to “Instruments”