Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

I am not a fan of the GUI from what I can see, I think this really may be a non-event after Arturia launched Pigment for 69 bucks. Obviously it depends on the sound, but wavetable tends to be less variable and (based on this GUI) Pigment 'seems' to have more going on in terms of options, a VA engine and visual feedback on modulation. Obviously I will still demo though, I have Komplete Ultimate so its likely I will get this in a bundle at some point...as will many others!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hivkorn wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 am but something is strange, why the synth have song part ? (bridge 1 , bridge 2 , part 1) is it to change the preset with midi input or it is a full seq into the synth ?
VirSyn Tera, Maschine, etc.
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am Those are not layers. They look more like output paths (to master, to separate send FX or something...)
Looks to me more like layers because of mute and solo buttons and the knob seems to be like the volume output
It's not layers ;)
Ok might be :) we wount know until more is releaved :D
He knows.

SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am I am not a fan of the GUI from what I can see, I think this really may be a non-event after Arturia launched Pigment for 69 bucks. Obviously it depends on the sound, but wavetable tends to be less variable and (based on this GUI) Pigment 'seems' to have more going on in terms of options, a VA engine and visual feedback on modulation. Obviously I will still demo though, I have Komplete Ultimate so its likely I will get this in a bundle at some point...as will many others!
Pigments doesn't have half the things MX will have. :)

And probably doesn't sound half as good either. :P

Well, Mike Daliot knows his stuff for sure ;)

Damn it looks interesting. Love the GUI.
Really curious about Player, Playmode, Compose tabs and those 5 buses(?).

So Mike is still involved?

What if tab 2, which is highlighted, is the wavetable engine, where you can also choose different WT engines via the "Gorilla" and "King" fields and the other 3 tabs are different synth engines (not necessarily wavetable)? The last tab (MFX) might then be the master FX. The lower mod lane could be used across all engines maybe. Just pure speculation…

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am I am not a fan of the GUI from what I can see, I think this really may be a non-event after Arturia launched Pigment for 69 bucks. Obviously it depends on the sound, but wavetable tends to be less variable and (based on this GUI) Pigment 'seems' to have more going on in terms of options, a VA engine and visual feedback on modulation. Obviously I will still demo though, I have Komplete Ultimate so its likely I will get this in a bundle at some point...as will many others!
Pigments doesn't have half the things MX will have. :)
That's good to know, I look forward to being surprised and impressed :tu: Frankly I have been a bit underwhelmed by NI over the last few years (probably why I am still on KU10 and only upgraded Reactor in the last few years) but I hope its a big win for them...whist I wait Dune 3 and Pigments (+ Serum MPE support) are keeping me entertained, it will need to be very good indeed with the current superb WT/WA based offerings :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 pm So Mike is still involved?
Yep, it's his baby. In fact even the original GUI designer of Massive works on this.

Quite a lot of screen real estate for just selecting the LFO shape.

RichN wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm Quite a lot of screen real estate for just selecting the LFO shape.
It's a modulator slot. Could be an envelope, or something else.

Definitely some intriguing features- player, play mode, composer? Is there like a tracker built in?
I am assuming there are not just 3 modulators, so its a type of modular synths with slots to build what you need, a bit like pre-wired 'blocks' (so there mat be more than just wavetable oscillators, it could have the monak VA engine...) - looking forward to finding out more.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am It has water noise :)
Its the sound of all the fanboys getting over excited and peeing themselves.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Look ma, it's the thread stinker.

Return to “Instruments”