Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Go to 3:45 and check out the CPU meter. Jumping around like crazy without anything being triggered. If this thing is eating up to 30% while idle on a newer iMac, it is likely to devour CPU while operating.

Doesn't matter to me though because my "ancient" 2012 Mac Pro doesn't support AVX extensions :(

parma wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 am Go to 3:45 and check out the CPU meter. Jumping around like crazy without anything being triggered. If this thing is eating up to 30% while idle on a newer iMac, it is likely to devour CPU while operating.

Doesn't matter to me though because my "ancient" 2012 Mac Pro doesn't support AVX extensions :(
I'm pretty sure that any iMac is just going to catch on fire trying to run this plugin. If ever there was a time to switch to Windows, I think this is it.

X - 2 days...

Getting excited... should I add a countdown?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

nah

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 am Getting excited... should I add a countdown?
YES!

Haha, even vote, but martin was more enthusiastic, so he wins..
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Actually, don't even know how to write it, brain too foggy after long weekend :borg:

Ideas?

TTU Youtube

Functional wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 amIt's weird how little they have spent for hype marketing it though
It is odd, but the whole thing has been odd for NI. I still harbour a feeling that we may never have got this in Komplete 12 had all the details not been leaked months in advance (by themselves, mind). NI rarely if ever announce a product before it is ready to go, but here they did by accident. Add it to the fact that they must have known it would be a big draw for people updating to K12, I think they took the usual decision to add it even though they knew it couldn't be ready in time. Remember the question mark by it in the leaked list?

I think they're just not in the mindset of advance info, its not the NI culture. Because they had to say something they did the blog and a bit of website blurb, but you kind of feel their heart's not been in it... just not the NI way.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

It's weird because they marketed the synth as part of komplete almost a year ago. They likely made there sales already they were expecting to get so don't need to market it heavily. The lack of marketing might be a good sign it's doing well, from personal experience.

TTU Youtube

Looks like they fixed what I was missing in og Massive like envelope shape, added real random LFO. I hope that Delay effect is also improved and that it will come with good user manual.

Hypa! Hypa!

114... pages of Massive X discussion itself says a lot. ;)

You know, the funny thing is, with all the people here who have been annoyed at having to wait for this thing to come out, I probably won't be getting it until I MAYBE upgrade from K11 to whatever K version comes out that I feel is worth upgrading to. With all the sound generation tools and FX that I have, there is no music that I can't already make.

Seriously folks. I know a lot of you are exactly like me, owning just about everything under the sun. Do you really NEED another synth to be able to make music? Somehow I doubt that.

Point is, I'm just not hearing anything here that's making me go "Ooo, ooo, I gotta have this or I'm gonna die and stop making music because life will no longer have meaning."

It's just a synth folks. It's just a synth.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 pm Seriously folks. I know a lot of you are exactly like me, owning just about everything under the sun. Do you really NEED another synth to be able to make music? Somehow I doubt that.
Surely not. Although i find it a bit ironic to read that from someone who owns 100+ soft synths. ;)

Regardless of that, i upgrade to Komplete 12 from Komplete Select earlier this month, and, i get Massive X for free, while having almost earned the amount of money i spent back from selling single products, which i have in the Komplete 12 bundle now, so... yeah... guess i'll take it. For no money. :)

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 pm Seriously folks. I know a lot of you are exactly like me, owning just about everything under the sun. Do you really NEED another synth to be able to make music? Somehow I doubt that.
Surely not. Although i find it a bit ironic to read that from someone who owns 100+ soft synths. ;)

Regardless of that, i upgrade to Komplete 12 from Komplete Select earlier this month, and, i get Massive X for free, while having almost earned the amount of money i spent back from selling single products, which i have in the Komplete 12 bundle now, so... yeah... guess i'll take it. For no money. :)
Hey yeah, if it doesn't cost you anything, sure. But for me, I'd have to spend $199 to upgrade, even with the 50% off right now. Just not worth it given that, like you said, I own everything under the sun.

Yeah, GAS has finally be cured as I've only spent about $700 this year. Only thing I really want is the Warp IV brass and woodwinds so I can do my big band CD.

Return to “Instruments”