Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Surely Jordan Rudess doesn't play for just one band though?

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 am When i was young, everyone wanted to be like The Edge. Never figured out why.
Who wouldn't want to be called The Edge while making music with least of it at the same time?

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:25 am Surely Jordan Rudess doesn't play for just one band though?
Look, it'd be cold in hell before a guy like him would play in U2. I don't care much for his music but he is one of the Continuum players, after all.

Functional wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:44 am
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:25 am Surely Jordan Rudess doesn't play for just one band though?
Look, it'd be cold in hell before a guy like him would play in U2. I don't care much for his music but he is one of the Continuum players, after all.
Is there something wrong with U2's music? I thought that they were a popular band? Isn't the Queen of England a U2 fan?

Functional wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:42 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 am When i was young, everyone wanted to be like The Edge. Never figured out why.
Who wouldn't want to be called The Edge while making music with least of it at the same time?
I rather wanted to be like James Hetfield at that time. Or something. :D

I mean, who is to say whenever any given art is "wrong" or "right", but, U2 is considered "boring". As for popularity, it's that whole thing where music uses lowest common denominators and gets marketed to the skies.

So basically, there's an endless amount of these articles and opinions on them: https://www.salon.com/2014/09/18/how_u2 ... a_partner/

But regardless, I'd doubt that he would play ever for them. Guy's a genius keyboardist and that's just not what U2 would really be able to use.

Didn't U2 give an album way to everyone? I don't remember Dream Theater ever doing that.

U2 has been for almost 40 years in activity. To call it boring is to simplify *a lot* their career.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:01 am Didn't U2 give an album way to everyone? I don't remember Dream Theater ever doing that.
Exactly. https://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/tech ... index.html

Functional wrote:Guy's a genius keyboardist
Quite honestly I think he sounds like every other keyboardist in rock/metal bands, but certainly not a genius. Playing fast and having good improvisational skills isn't really what I'd attribute the word genius to.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 amWhen i was young, everyone wanted to be like The Edge. Never figured out why.
It's because, not only was he good-looking super cool guy, he had one of the best, most distinctive, guitar sounds in the history of all guitar players. It was his use of hard picked 8th note arpeggios, and heavy use of delays and reverb that produced that awesome euphoric sound he was well known for. I'm pretty sure there was a lot more to his sound than that, but that's basically what it was in a nutshell.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I think Bill Bailey explains The Edge's guitar playing best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU
:hihi:

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 am No. That's Dream Theatre ( think).
TheatER :P They're US, not UK based :)

Have U2 been relevant in the last decade, even just once ? Apart from Bono's occasional political rant.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:57 am Have U2 been relevant in the last decade, even just once ? Apart from Bono's occasional political rant.
I don't know, but I'd wager that they found what they were looking for....

Return to “Instruments”