Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:07 pm IMHO, this is gone off topic for this thread, you should take it elsewhere.
were just chatting.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:07 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:05 pm if its just that one library, have you changed some setting at some point perhaps?
Nothing in that library could really impact the loading to that sort of extent, though...
fair enough, just seems weird if its the one library.
but, youll know more about it than me :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:07 pm IMHO, this is gone off topic for this thread, you should take it elsewhere.
were just chatting.
I included the H, mkay! Jeez!

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 pm I included the H, mkay! Jeez!
youll be sleepy.

Bahahahahah :D

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 pm I included the H, mkay! Jeez!
youll be sleepy.
Totally laid back.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:03 pm W10 here, and Kontakt standalone, so no DAW to factor in. Also I have the same library on my W7 laptop and SSD, loads in 2 seconds as well. So two different OSes, same performance.

That said, Player libraries DO have their samples stored in monoliths, rather than hundreds/thousands smaller files spread all around, so they tend to load faster. However, 2 sec vs 2+ minutes is definitely weird.

The Ladies library is not even anything particularly heavy in the instrument. Sure it has 240 groups, but there's not a lot of FX or a shedload of modulators happening there. It's pretty lean overall. So I'm thinking it could be your drive, for whatever weird reason. Have you tried moving the library to a different drive (HDD or SSD)? That would be a good litmus test.
This is the 2nd drive I've had it on.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm I have tried in all the sub-versions of Kontakt that I have (all the way back to 5.1.0 and to the latest 6.1.1) and loading time is the same in all of them.
The bug is obviously OS and/or DAW specific.
Have you batch-resaved?
Yep, doesn't fix it.
Have you tried reinstalling? Not fun, but could help if needed.

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm I have tried in all the sub-versions of Kontakt that I have (all the way back to 5.1.0 and to the latest 6.1.1) and loading time is the same in all of them.
The bug is obviously OS and/or DAW specific.
Have you batch-resaved?
Yep, doesn't fix it.
Have you tried reinstalling? Not fun, but could help if needed.
Reinstalling what exactly? I've had this problem on 3 versions of Kontakt? What am I supposed to reinstall?

the library itself.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 pm the library itself.
I'm not even sure I still have the original installer nor the serial number to validate it. I've had this thing so long I don't even remember what the installation procedure was.

Er... Massive X?

Wags, just drop Mike Greene a line at Realivox and let him handle this. He's a great guy, there's clearly something amiss and this thread isn't really the place to diagnose it, surely?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm Er... Massive X?

Wags, just drop Mike Greene a line at Realivox and let him handle this. He's a great guy, there's clearly something amiss and this thread isn't really the place to diagnose it, surely?
Been there, done that. He told me to do the batch save. Didn't fix it. He's at a loss.

My Kontakt performance improved once I excluded Kontakt.exe and my DAW .exe files from virus scans by Windows. (in addition to excluding .wav and Kontakt audio file types).

MacPro 5.1, 2009; AVX instructions, 2013
You got to blame somebody! damn

Return to “Instruments”