Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

"Special scenarios". :D Sure, there are lots of ways you can wire a semi-modular synth. But these are not special scenarios, it's meant to work that way (and it does work just fine). :D

Of course there's always be bugs (that's valid for any software). But this vague delineation between "basic" and "advanced" things in a semi-modular synth (which is anything BUT basic) is baffling :)

vurt wrote:cup holders

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 pm Again, what's the "advanced" stuff? :D

Here I am, wiring all sorts of things to one another, changing different modules, everything works fine. :D
Diving into the plugin and doing things that are not your norm, which advanced users will do.

I'd consider myself a fairly advanced user, tho. :P

There are also many other (advanced, shall we say) sound designers busy making patches for it. :D

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 pm I'd consider myself a fairly advanced user, tho. :P

There are also many other advanced, shall we say, sound designers busy making patches for it. :D
All besides the point. His belief is simply that when you dive into this thing and go beyond just bringing up an oscillator and a filter and sticking an LFO on it, there are going to be bugs.

I'm not saying I agree with him. I'm just explaining his position. He may be right, he may be wrong. Nobody is going to know until the thing is released. It may end up rock solid. It may end up not working well on certain hosts. There are an infinite number of things that can go wrong with any release, no matter how much time was spent on coding and debugging beforehand.

As a coder yourself (I assume you are) that should be the biggest duh statement on the planet because it is the nature of software in general. Name me one piece of software in the history of development that had no bugs. It doesn't happen. The OP here is suggesting that if they rush the release (and I'm not saying they are) that there will be more bugs than usual.

Time will tell.

Yep no bugs doesn't happen ever, anywhere. Of course I'm aware of that. So far, things seem pretty darn solid as far as I can tell.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 pm Yep no bugs doesn't happen ever, anywhere. Of course I'm aware of that. So far, things seem pretty darn solid as far as I can tell.
And they may very well be and he could be worrying for nothing. My NI stuff (and I have tons of it) is pretty solid. Kontakt can be buggy with some libraries and it drives me up the wall, like libraries that take forever to load, but other than that, I have no complaints with their products.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm "Special scenarios". :D Sure, there are lots of ways you can wire a semi-modular synth. But these are not special scenarios, it's meant to work that way (and it does work just fine). :D

Of course there's always be bugs (that's valid for any software). But this vague delineation between "basic" and "advanced" things in a semi-modular synth (which is anything BUT basic) is baffling :)
Well, that all very fine. If we actually got some info from Native Instruments, we wouldn't have to listen to someone who has the beta and likes to play gotcha with people who actually don't have the synth to play with.
Like I said: what I said is just a guessing game on my part. That was also clearly stated in my post.

But what I explained is how QA works and you can translate that to any software.
I didn't think that main functionality and risk based testing is so hard to understand.

Anyway, this thread is 100 pages long to say absolutely nothing.
I'll check Massive X out when it's is released as this thread is a waste of time.
Last edited by Stefken on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm "Special scenarios". :D Sure, there are lots of ways you can wire a semi-modular synth. But these are not special scenarios, it's meant to work that way (and it does work just fine). :D

I'll check Massive X out when it's is released as this thread is a waste of time.
As are pretty much most threads on Internet forums. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pmKontakt can be buggy with some libraries and it drives me up the wall, like libraries that take forever to load
That's not a bug when there IS a lot to load in the library, though? :)

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:01 pm 100 pages, and it's still not released...
HYPE!!!

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pmKontakt can be buggy with some libraries and it drives me up the wall, like libraries that take forever to load
That's not a bug when there IS a lot to load in the library, though? :)
No, it is a bug and I'll tell you why. I have a lot of huge libraries. Most of them load in under 30 seconds. But I have one library by Realitone that takes a good 2 and a half minutes to load. The reason is because Kontakt, for whatever reason, sees it as a fragmented library even though it is not. I have to keep doing that thing where it finds all the files so that they load faster? And it does but only for that session. Next time I open up my DAW, same problem, over and over and over.

This should not happen when I have libraries twice the size of this one that load in under 30 seconds.

That's a bug. Nobody can tell me it's not. But I live with it because this Realitone library is the only one that does this particular thing. Oh, my libraries are on SSD drives so they should load super fast.

And that's just one example of Kontakt being buggy.

There are plenty more.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 pm Again, what's the "advanced" stuff? :D

Here I am, wiring all sorts of things to one another, changing different modules, everything works fine. :D
did NI declare information about performance and bug non-confidential ?
§ 7 Confidentiality
“Confidential Information” shall mean the Product and all business, financial, technical or otherwise related information in any form whether oral, written or in electronic form, directly or indirectly from Native Instruments, unless Native Instruments has confirmed in writing its non-confidential character.
Confidential Information shall mean especially, but is not limited to:
information with respect to ideas, plans, inventions, their technical implementation, methodology, techniques, specifications, the existence, scope and activities of any research, developments, manufacturing, rights on software, rights on databases, algorithms, copyrights, trademarks, designs, patents and applications with respect to IP;
information with respect to finances, business plans, analyses, projects, processes, testing methods, technical data, sources of supply;
any know-how or other trade secret;
any Usage, change, copy or reproduction or discussion about any of the aforementioned items

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:48 pmNo, it is a bug and I'll tell you why. I have a lot of huge libraries. Most of them load in under 30 seconds. But I have one library by Realitone that takes a good 2 and a half minutes to load. The reason is because Kontakt, for whatever reason, sees it as a fragmented library even though it is not. I have to keep doing that thing where it finds all the files so that they load faster? And it does but only for that session. Next time I open up my DAW, same problem, over and over and over.

This should not happen when I have libraries twice the size of this one that load in under 30 seconds.

That's a bug. Nobody can tell me it's not. But I live with it because this Realitone library is the only one that does this particular thing. Oh, my libraries are on SSD drives so they should load super fast.

There are plenty more.
Which exact library? I have most RealiTone stuff, and I can't say I noticed any issues like that over here.

That said, when you load a patch in Kontakt, samples are not the only thing that is being loaded. There's an entirely CPU-bound part of loading a patch while it's being parsed and memory allocated for all the FX, modulators, etc. within that patch.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:48 pmNo, it is a bug and I'll tell you why. I have a lot of huge libraries. Most of them load in under 30 seconds. But I have one library by Realitone that takes a good 2 and a half minutes to load. The reason is because Kontakt, for whatever reason, sees it as a fragmented library even though it is not. I have to keep doing that thing where it finds all the files so that they load faster? And it does but only for that session. Next time I open up my DAW, same problem, over and over and over.

There are plenty more.
Which exact library? I have most RealiTone stuff, and I can't say I noticed any issues like that over here.

That said, when you load a patch in Kontakt, samples are not the only thing that is being loaded. There's an entirely CPU-bound part of loading a patch while it's being parsed and memory allocated for all the FX, modulators, etc. within that patch.
Understood. Again, not the point. I have libraries much larger that load in a snap. So obviously something in the programming that is loading whatever needs to be loaded is slowing down the works. It is the only library I own that does this and the load size isn't all that big at about 1 gig. I have libraries 2 times the size that load faster.

Another bug, Sometimes the keyswitching for some libraries gets fouled up and I have to hit that reload button that reloads the scripts. I shouldn't have to do this for some libraries, like the Pedal Steel Guitar library (forget the dev) that I do this for constantly. Sometimes, instruments stop working altogether.

These are all bugs. And nobody takes responsibility. The dev's blame NI and NI blames the DAW, the DAW blames the devs and around we go.

Again, I live with it all but these are bugs.

Return to “Instruments”