Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

What I could see of the UI looks great to me, I hope it's scalable but you can't tell from the awful video. Their new plugins do have high dpi support so hopefully it will.

I'm looking forward to demo it.

I hope the sounds we hear in that video were not made in Massive X, or if they were the programmer had spent not more than 15 seconds for making each of them (or all of them).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Did you recognize the 16 Macros above? The same as in TRK-1.
I still like the hugeness of the Maschine Studioversion. Would be damn hot if there would be the same layout as the GUI for it.

:love:

triple post
Last edited by felis on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triple
Last edited by felis on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digitalboytn wrote:It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one confused by that Massive X trailer on the NI site....

All I could think was,"WTF is that all about ?"

I feel that way about almost everything NI comes out with.
They never explain what something is, or why you would want it.
It's not like they're still the only game in town and people are going to automatically go for it.
They think they're being clever, but it just pisses people off.

I'll be taking a pass on this one.
I like some of their synths, but I'd rather see them update the already existing ones.
I don't need to have my hard drive stuffed with tons of filler I won't use.

Touch The Universe wrote: Massive X:

The forthcoming sequel to NI's virtual analog synth is more extreme, more expressive, and more expandable in every way.
Available February 2019.
Wave Table synthesizer
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Interesting.

Apparently the communication in the company is pretty bad, since just 3 weeks ago they've published a blog post about "Past, Presets & Future of Massive" and it said NOTHING of upcoming Massive X... Unless they started working on it in those last 3 weeks, which would explain the Reaktor Blocks-like interface ;) :D

https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... ts-future/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Nothing bad about that, just marketing, pique peoples interest and recollections of old product to get them speculating about something new but keep things secret till the big announce.

Gotta build that hype... yall hyped yet? ahahahaha

felis wrote: I like some of their synths, but I'd rather see them update the already existing ones.
I don't need to have my hard drive stuffed with tons of filler I won't use.

:tu:

THIS !

Maybe NI could start listening to what their user base REALLY wants,instead of just telling us that they are "The Future of Sound" and churning out xhit with their eyes and ears on the corporate bottom line ?

After all,one of the most fundamental elements of music is the listening bit :wink:
No auto tune...

DJ Warmonger wrote:Also, late 2018 and still no high-DPI support :-?
So annoying...and something many devs are guilty of. Surely they realise upscaling makes their products look shite. :x

db3 wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Also, late 2018 and still no high-DPI support :-?
So annoying...and something many devs are guilty of. Surely they realise upscaling makes their products look shite. :x
This seems to be an assumption but as I said before, their last 2 packs of FX are vector based and resize beautifully, there's nothing I can see that suggests Massive X does or doesn't at the moment.

About the GUI: it looks like the latest NI products: Blocks, Crush, MOd PAcks, it is just the overall aesthetic NI is going for.

We only know the features form the screen capture and somewhere it says it will be fully modular, my guess is that it will have some modules that you can swap and a visual Mod matrix in another tab that we haven't seen yet.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”