Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

BDeep wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm
buzz1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:44 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:28 pm
buzz1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:24 pm To be fair this originated from Dragon, and I guess he knows what he is talking about.
Okay, then what's the point? Does NI think that the majority of their customers have PCs capable of running more than 1 or 2 instances of this thing?

Strategically, it doesn't make any sense.
I agree and hope that Dragon is wrong about this.
I wouldn't put money on it though
Well, when we go back to the reviews back in the day of the original Massive (2007): https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/na ... ts-massive , we'll see a quote that is quite telling in this regard:
When I visited Native's headquarters in August, Massive 's Product Manager told us that their top priority was to take a leap in sonic quality, even if this meant pushing even recent computers to their limits. The result is a synth that really does reach unprecedented heights in sound quality for a virtual instrument, but gives your computer a thorough workout getting there.
I think NI's thinking 12 years later is, that in the long run, it made perfect sense, strategically. It's just very much in spirit of the original, as it were.
We'll see what the load is when Massive X is actually here. I guess it will also depend on the patch.

There is something to be said of the paradigm of not letting backward compatibility rule you over and saying this one is only for the fast cars. So if you want in in the race, you better have the wheels (and the engine ).
But we'll see.

vurt wrote:i only need one instance to be amazing :D
That's what she said...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 pm
vurt wrote:i only need one instance to be amazing :D
That's what she said...
:hihi:

buzz1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:24 pm To be fair this originated from Dragon, and I guess he knows what he is talking about.
Okay, then what's the point? Does NI think that the majority of their customers have PCs capable of running more than 1 or 2 instances of this thing?

I'm running the beta here, though. :)

BDeep wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm

I wouldn't put money on it though
Well, when we go back to the reviews back in the day of the original Massive (2007): https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/na ... ts-massive , we'll see a quote that is quite telling in this regard:
When I visited Native's headquarters in August, Massive 's Product Manager told us that their top priority was to take a leap in sonic quality, even if this meant pushing even recent computers to their limits. The result is a synth that really does reach unprecedented heights in sound quality for a virtual instrument, but gives your computer a thorough workout getting there.
I think NI's thinking 12 years later is, that in the long run, it made perfect sense, strategically. It's just very much in spirit of the original, as it were.
Yep. I moderated the Massive forum back then.

For the first year, the posts were about a 50/50 split between people bitching about CPU usage and people bitching that their cracked version kept on crashing when the copy protection kicked in, :hihi:

I'm looking forward to this. I realize I'll probably be sitting pretty much where I was with the original Massive back in the day (>50% of one core for eight voices), but I'm betting it will be worth it.

ew
A spectral heretic...

TL;DR: bigwig 3 + wavetable VST or Ableton All-in? Waiting for MX to be released to evaluate new (to me) wavetable VSTs against what I currently own (Europa & Fathom).

I’m waiting for MX to drop and then go through MX, Hive, Serum, Pigments, and Wavetable to see just how much any of the VSTS are worth it over (1) an update to Live; and (2) Europa and Fathom. I would like to demo Bitwig 3, but I need an active upgrade plan to do so (subscription model kind of puts me off, but foregoing the Live 10 update made me realize just how much I don’t really *need* to upgrade). I’m itching to try the Grid, and it’s really the only thing holding me back from finally going all-in on Ableton. Don’t want to invest in Suite & Push if I move over to Bitwig.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm I’m waiting for MX to drop and then go through MX, Hive, Serum, Pigments, and Wavetable to see just how much any of the VSTS are worth it...
I would add Avenger to that list...

jeffb01 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm I’m waiting for MX to drop and then go through MX, Hive, Serum, Pigments, and Wavetable to see just how much any of the VSTS are worth it...
I would add Avenger to that list...
Noted.

pixel85 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 pm I heard that beside AVX, MX require WUP, iLok, cloud subscription from DiscoDSP and computer with access to i... i... internet! How you deal with that huh? All the KVRists nightmares combined together so you'll never sleep again with lights turned off!
You forgot the physical dongle e-licensor that is a separate purchase.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:30 pm
pixel85 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 pm I heard that beside AVX, MX require WUP, iLok, cloud subscription from DiscoDSP and computer with access to i... i... internet! How you deal with that huh? All the KVRists nightmares combined together so you'll never sleep again with lights turned off!
Oh yes, this + license and purchase is managed by Crysonic :D

pixel85 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm
It will also install that malware deleting all warez on your mashine. :borg:

Oh yes, it will also delete all pron saved on your HDD and auto-ban you on torrents.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

They’re missing a trick IMO.

Their protection system should be called Tone-Loc.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ever notice the people bitching about CPU are the same people that think everything has to be layered like mad
f**king commit to the track and print it then

jancivil wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 pm ever notice the people bitching about CPU are the same people that think everything has to be layered like mad
f**king commit to the track and print it then
????

recursive one wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 pm
pixel85 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm
It will also install that malware deleting all warez on your mashine. :borg:

Oh yes, it will also delete all pron saved on your HDD and auto-ban you on torrents.
This malware is called British Government :wink:

Return to “Instruments”