Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 am It's also a matter of prioritization, there's probably a lot more important issues that need to be sorted out rather than faffing around with colors. However it's always possible stuff can be added in an update down the road.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 amOfc KVR is but a drop, but if in NI facebook pages majority of comments are not satisfied with the GUI (despite the fact that the interaction is just from small amount of people) it still says, people arent happy :)
No, it says that a SMALL number of people aren't happy. Not the userbase as a whole.
But if other group is silent, could that mean they just dont care or dont care enough to give fraction of the time to say what they think :) and im not taking this out of thin air. But this is coming purely from expierience with other people. I have producer friends who are using FL Studio, they sometimes complain about one or another thing, sometimes alot, but every time i ask, why dont they go to the forum to report one or another problem or feature request they say they dont care, they just want to use a program (that has being used like 10 years lol). Now think of it as a casual user.

Anyways, i just said what i see :)

i see no evidence that “people aren’t happy”, just that a relatively small number of KVRs are loudly fixed on the GUI. I’d lay money that if it were changed tomorrow to be darker, other people would say they hate dark skins and wouldn’t now buy it. Everyone hates something round here it seems.

Why not do a poll to find out? I did one here recently on Waves Central, discovered that although lots weren’t thrilled with it, there were much fewer people in my own position than I thought. Confirmation bias is everywhere.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

No, it says that a SMALL number of people aren't happy. Not the userbase as a whole.
Even if this number IS small, isn’t it just silly to release a product after several years of development (and a tangible delay afterwards!) with the GUI that can’t get distance between knobs and labels consistent?

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:02 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 am If Massive X's skin was made by the same people who did the skins for Reaktor and its blocks, well, then, that's it, i guess.
It wasn't. :)
Damn... thought it could be explained rationally. Now we have to discuss another 70 pages. :P

Anyone following the poll, so far it's greatly in favor of like. So everybody complaining, you're most likely in the minority.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 pm Anyone following the poll, so far it's greatly in favor of like. So everybody complaining, you're most likely in the minority.
Nicely run.

Can we all move on now? To um... waiting.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Looks pretty good to me, though I sometimes wonder what will happen when everyone abandons anything interesting looking in UI. I mean, I’m glad the time of ART Pyrite is over, but maybe we’re swinging too far in the other direction. Ultimately, it’ll be the sound that gets me to buy it, so we’ll see. Feature set seems robust.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I think the structure determines the colours. You have 3 long thin horizontal bands and 2 large horizontal bands. That naturally makes it very comprehensible and readable. Kind of a classic GUI. But the structure means there has to be a lot of contrast between bands to keep the heaps of functionality from looking cluttered. So dark chocolate and light tan is really the only colour combination it could possibly be.

The horizontal banding structure is really nice at compressing lots of functions onto one page without looking too cluttered.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:12 am
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 am It's also a matter of prioritization, there's probably a lot more important issues that need to be sorted out rather than faffing around with colors. However it's always possible stuff can be added in an update down the road.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 amOfc KVR is but a drop, but if in NI facebook pages majority of comments are not satisfied with the GUI (despite the fact that the interaction is just from small amount of people) it still says, people arent happy :)
But if other group is silent, could that mean they just dont care or dont care enough to give fraction of the time to say what they think :) and im not taking this out of thin air. But this is coming purely from expierience with other people. I have producer friends who are using FL Studio, they sometimes complain about one or another thing, sometimes alot, but every time i ask, why dont they go to the forum to report one or another problem or feature request they say they dont care, they just want to use a program (that has being used like 10 years lol). Now think of it as a casual user.

Polls are always correct.. just look at political exit polls from 2016 :hihi:

I'm surprised NI can't just make the GUI switchable at least in colors, and offer multiple color combinations.

The thing about polls based on imagery though, is that people vote on things at first glance without actually looking at things properly. It's a similar thing when you read a hand written sentence by someone quickly, the eyes ignore the duplicate duplicate words completely and only see them as one. First impressions is that it looks fine, but if you look away and then look closely again, you'll notice the details and more and more each time.

Everything on a synth needs it's own breathing space, and adequate colour, contrast and brightness. Something that's lacking with Massive X. If it works like normal Reaktor ensembles, then it does open the door to your own customisation to change it and make it better.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 pm Anyone following the poll, so far it's greatly in favor of like. So everybody complaining, you're most likely in the minority.
What poll?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Wagtunes Massive Poll :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

VitaminD wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 amI'm surprised NI can't just make the GUI switchable at least in colors, and offer multiple color combinations.
It's not that they CAN'T. It's not that it isn't impossible that they'd offer some color schemes down the road in an update. Depends on internal prioritization of what will be done in what sprint etc.

VitaminD wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:12 am

Polls are always correct.. just look at political exit polls from 2016 :hihi:

I'm surprised NI can't just make the GUI switchable at least in colors, and offer multiple color combinations.
yeah. thats what i was thinking to. give it ability to apply themes. but who know how doable that is.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:19 am
VitaminD wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 amI'm surprised NI can't just make the GUI switchable at least in colors, and offer multiple color combinations.
It's not that they CAN'T. It's not that it isn't impossible that they'd offer some color schemes down the road in an update. Depends on internal prioritization of what will be done in what sprint etc.
i haven't tried reactor but to me, its not that bad the colors. it looks modern. i am sure once its out, people will get used to it. i am almost 100% sure a company like NI don't make products without putting a lot of thought and research into usability design. they did all sorts of research on usability to settle on what those screenshots of what it seems massive X will look like on a computer screen.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Instruments”