Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WilliamK wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm Indeed, don't forget to install the WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe files too.
Hmmm... Maybe that's it. I'll try to check that I have that latest version.
Fernando (FMR)

Ah, the Intel Compiler is only 64 bits, so the 32 bits version is the regular Microsoft Compiler. ;-)

goldglob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pm Intel Compiler OK here using REAPER x64 and EVE x64 VST 2 and VST3. (I haven't checked 32 bit EVE).
Tested here with Cubase Pro 10 (I also have REAPER, but didn't test, since Goldglob already did it). Both VST3 and VST2 were recognized and loaded OK. Cubase Pro 10 (with 64-bit plug-ins of course)

I have many other hosts. Which host exactly did the users complain about?
Fernando (FMR)

Freestyle and Bitwig. I haven't installed those here, guess is time to...

WilliamK wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 pm Freestyle and Bitwig. I haven't installed those here, guess is time to...
I don't know Freestyle, but I have Bitwig. Will give it a go.
Fernando (FMR)

OK, I launched Bitwig (version 2.4.2, I think). EVE v5 is there after the host performed the scan and updated the plug-ins list. Everything is there, even WusikStation v7 (but that is another subject).

Tell the user that when Bitwig launches, not all plug-ins are listed. It performs the scan while we are working (contrary to the vast majority of hosts, that perform the scan BEFORE we are able to use the program). So, if he waits a while, he may be able to later see EVE v5 listed.

I loaded it, and was able to play it. Ths was in Windows 7 x64
Last edited by fmr on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks Fernando. :hug: Or maybe it was that problem we had with missing required intel compiler runtime files? As he also didn't see it in Freestyle... maybe I will add the intel compiler version as experimental until I can figure out what extra files it requires to work... :shrug:

Ok, latest beta OSX version uploaded. Must update MAC_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.dmg too. I'm also compiling the 16 Gig file for OSX.

Now, I'm done working with EVE, unless you guys find a serious bug. ;-) V5.0.0 will NOT read previous EVE presets, only the sounds. Late January I will release a free update that will import older BNK files (this is a lot of work, so I'm leaving for later).

What I want to do is update all the other products to use the new Wusik Engine Data folder and release all together. So as soon as I have betas for each product, I will post here. Once it is all working, I will release everything. :cool:

Thanks again for helping me out. :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:18 pm What I want to do is update all the other products to use the new Wusik Engine Data folder and release all together. So as soon as I have betas for each product, I will post here. Once it is all working, I will release everything. :cool:
Finally. :party:

Congrats on the release. I think you have a good product, and what we advanced in this one will make the others great :tu:

When you finish updating the others and the converter for the old EVE presets, it will be time to dedicate some attention to the GUIs, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

Oh yeah. Flavors Of Lime did create a skin for EVE but is out of time to finish it. Not sure if he will have the files ready for the official release. Still, it will take another week to setup all files anyway... I will check with him how's he doing. ;-)

I updated all 16 Gig installers now, Win and OSX.

WilliamK wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 pm Oh yeah. Flavors Of Lime did create a skin for EVE but is out of time to finish it. Not sure if he will have the files ready for the official release. Still, it will take another week to setup all files anyway... I will check with him how's he doing. ;-)

I updated all 16 Gig installers now, Win and OSX.
But if we already have the 16GB we don't need to download again correct?

Indeed, no need.

And when you update the other products to use the Shared folder then all existing presets will find the soundsets yes? Including the new dnekm presets for WS V9 yes?

Yes. :cool:

WilliamK wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:27 pmYes. :cool:
One of the BIG advantages for your customers. You should emphasize this feature once it will be implemented in ALL instruments :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”