Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Setting the keyzones doesn't seem to be working?

Between car breakdowns and an invasion of rats and bats, went through the manual up to the envelope section. So far, well written.

John K

edit... preset import from older EVE banks not parallel with older version. Have to get concrete examples before submitting a waste of time false positive.

Cakreshvara wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:52 am Between car breakdowns and an invasion of rats and bats, went through the manual up to the envelope section. So far, well written.
Oh, sorry to hear that, hope things are better now. :-o

Goldglob, thanks for reporting that, I forgot to do something in the code. Just uploaded a new set of files.

Oct 11 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 22

- Updated the Key Zones, weren't working before.

Cheers, WilliamK

Just tried to 'Add Older Wusik Station Data' in EVE 5 browser....nothing happens. Tried it with both WS V9 and WS V8 data folders.

Duplicated this bug. Trying to add older WS data allows navigation to the DATA folder, allows selection, but does not add content to the browser.

John K

Noted that you can select to add Wusik EVE Data but point it to the older Wusik directory. Presets, multis, banks etc don't function, but the soundsets are picked up and working fine. Flaw is in the selection process to add older Wusik Station Data.

John

Thanks guys, tomorrow I will fix this. :oops: Working on another project today. ;-) (Beat707.com)

Cheers, WilliamK

Here's the latest screenshot of Wusik EVE V5 with the new Multi Preset and LFO LEDs.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/products/wusik-eve-v5

Cheers, WilliamK

William,

Not a new bug report but an observation needed to optimize vst/vsti integration.
Don't know how hard this would be to code, but a per fx wet dry knob. Each added effect has a dedicated, default wet dry knob. This is why, and looking at the way Reaper DAW deals with multiple chains of effects and instruments.

Some instruments or effects don't have a wet dry option. The included mda piano is an example. Powerful instrument but cannot adjust the volume or presence of the piano. All four slots can be silenced, but mda piano is still there. If you found a killer sound, can adjust everything around a synth with no volume control, but would help if we could tone down a synth that has no volume control.

In Reaper, each effect has a wet/dry knob. This applies the intensity of an effect but also applies the volume of an added vsti.

Just a thought.

John K

John, good idea. I just added this option to Beta 24 (Windows only for now)

Oct 17 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 24

- Added "Wet" parameter to FX VSTs, also added an "Editor" button that opens up the GUI/Interface.

Cheers, WilliamK

Some very basic presets to test with. ;-)

https://wusik.com/download/Wusik_EVE_V5_Presets.zip

Cheers, WilliamK

The addition of the wet/dry knob works great and is a major upgrade for EVE 5. Thank you for this.

Probably something I'm doing wrong but can't get the presets to open the associated soundsets, except for the AOS content where the presets load with the associated soundsets the way one would expect. The envelopes and controls respond to changing the preset but the soundsets show up with error messages as missing. The EVE 3 data folder is recognized but the new presets will not load the sounds although the actual soundsets for EVE 3 load fine. Likely I'm confusing the function of soundsets versus presets again (or connection with the soundsets is the next step). Couple other minor issues I'll get back with when I can get a good description and how to duplicate.

Cheers, John K

Some presets uses sounds that are not included with eve3. You have to use that Wusik one soundsets zip file or add another folder for those.

Cakreshvara...you can download the Wusik One soundsets from the Demo page on the Wusik site, but better still, get the whole Wusik One package, it's free till November 1st (see the Wusik facebook page...scroll down a bit).
Trouble is, you won't be able to load them until the problem I mentioned earlier in this thread is fixed.....I said "Just tried to 'Add Older Wusik Station Data' in EVE 5 browser....nothing happens. Tried it with both WS V9 and WS V8 data folders."
The old EVE soundsets can be added but nothing else at present I believe.

William, found the wet knob, great, but where is the new "Editor" button?

Return to “Instruments”