Omnisphere 3 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:28 pm I want a great granular engine/possibilities :(
I‘m not an expert - what’s missing in the current grain mode in the OSC for it to become great?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Lets be honest, I think Spectrasonics is just moving too slow to add features, and keep Omnisphere updated. Maybe they need some fresh new blood working there, maybe some of those ex NI guys who got let go should go work there. Omnisphere is a preset players paradise, and good on them, but for people who like something more hands on, I think Omnisphere needs some serious love in that department. I see lots of potential. A complete GUI overhaul : make Omnisphere modular. Omnisphere should start as an empty vessel like Phase plant, and you should be able to add whatever you want, and everything should be able to modulate everything. The soundsources, effects, filters, envelopes are all there. Just tear down the plugin, and rebuild the look so its modular. That is what Omnisphere should be at this point. Now for those who use Omnisphere to control $2000 synthesizers (god only knows why), then Omnisphere should still be able to do that, but if it was modular, then each control system would be more catered to the respective hardware's parameters, rather than the way it is now, a total cluster @^#%

dark water wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:23 am More nature sounds.
Definitely some badgers and otters.
Not a big fan of voles though.
Marmosets. Definitely marmosets.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

beely wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 am *cough*Stylus RMX2*cough*
:clap: :tu:
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Ok, now that I'm guilty of "me too" posting, O3 should have an AI-based Wishlist Generator..

..and Marmosets

Variphrase technology from the Roland V-Synth. I had already messaged Spectrasonics about this. Treat The "Orb" as the TimeTrip pad on the keyboard. Have the ability to manipulate formants, pitch and time independently. It'll definitely open up a new world of sound design.

All seriousness aside, I couldn't be more pleased with the entire Spectrasonics line and the company as a whole. I'm confident that whatever they're cooking up will be good. I don't worry about wishlists - they're already ahead of me. :)

vertibration wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 am Lets be honest, I think Spectrasonics is just moving too slow to add features, and keep Omnisphere updated. Maybe they need some fresh new blood working there, maybe some of those ex NI guys who got let go should go work there. Omnisphere is a preset players paradise, and good on them, but for people who like something more hands on, I think Omnisphere needs some serious love in that department. I see lots of potential. A complete GUI overhaul : make Omnisphere modular. Omnisphere should start as an empty vessel like Phase plant, and you should be able to add whatever you want, and everything should be able to modulate everything. The soundsources, effects, filters, envelopes are all there. Just tear down the plugin, and rebuild the look so its modular. That is what Omnisphere should be at this point. Now for those who use Omnisphere to control $2000 synthesizers (god only knows why), then Omnisphere should still be able to do that, but if it was modular, then each control system would be more catered to the respective hardware's parameters, rather than the way it is now, a total cluster @^#%
I guess there will always be people who want a synth to be totally different to how it is. Did you ever stop to think that of the (likely) 10s of thousands of users across the world, there may just be some resistance to, ya know, totally changing what it is and how it works? I want precisely none of these things (well ok a few more modulation sources perhaps). I don’t want any revolutions, just steady evolution of a genuine classic, with the possible exception on some aspects of the tagging where it feels like they’ve gone backwards.

Instead, like I guess many Spectrasonics users. I want that insanely overdue RMX update.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

vertibration wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 am Lets be honest, I think Spectrasonics is just moving too slow to add features, and keep Omnisphere updated. Maybe they need some fresh new blood working there, maybe some of those ex NI guys who got let go should go work there. Omnisphere is a preset players paradise, and good on them, but for people who like something more hands on, I think Omnisphere needs some serious love in that department. I see lots of potential. A complete GUI overhaul : make Omnisphere modular. Omnisphere should start as an empty vessel like Phase plant, and you should be able to add whatever you want, and everything should be able to modulate everything. The soundsources, effects, filters, envelopes are all there. Just tear down the plugin, and rebuild the look so its modular. That is what Omnisphere should be at this point. Now for those who use Omnisphere to control $2000 synthesizers (god only knows why), then Omnisphere should still be able to do that, but if it was modular, then each control system would be more catered to the respective hardware's parameters, rather than the way it is now, a total cluster @^#%
Omnisphere cannot be a “preset players paradise” without it being at the same time a preset creator’s paradise.

Omnisphere no more suffers from not being a from-the-ground-up modular synth than a circle suffers from not being a square.

If you want a modular synth there are now many options ‘tu’

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 am
I guess there will always be people who want a synth to be totally different to how it is. Did you ever stop to think that of the (likely) 10s of thousands of users across the world, there may just be some resistance to, ya know, totally changing what it is and how it works? I want precisely none of these things (well ok a few more modulation sources perhaps). I don’t want any revolutions, just steady evolution of a genuine classic, with the possible exception on some aspects of the tagging where it feels like they’ve gone backwards.

Instead, like I guess many Spectrasonics users. I want that insanely overdue RMX update.
Omnisphere is an old code man. They update features, but its still out dated. Yes, it sounds good, but so do so many other synths, that are far more efficient. The cost vs what you get and the cost of every major update is ludicrous. You say steady evolution of a classic, I get that, but times are changing. More and more users want speed, efficiency, no lag time between preset changes, modulations, GUI eye candy. Omnisphere at this point, is just kind of corny.

Proper analog modeled filters! The filters are the weakest point by far in Omnisphere. Power filter is probably the best but weirdly quiet.
I also would like to see a macro page per hardware integration model. Like they have in Trilian, but specific to the hardware that the presets are meant to integrate with. So when one knob on the hardware manipulates multiple parameters, the know on the macro page would do that.
Otherwise not many features I would want aside from MPE support.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 pm Proper analog modeled filters! The filters are the weakest point by far in Omnisphere. Power filter is probably the best but weirdly quiet.
I also would like to see a macro page per hardware integration model. Like they have in Trilian, but specific to the hardware that the presets are meant to integrate with. So when one knob on the hardware manipulates multiple parameters, the know on the macro page would do that.
Otherwise not many features I would want aside from MPE support.
Absolutely agreed, I forgot to mention this!!!!! its almost 2020 and this is a huge feature that is not being handled right. That and their wack effects section. I just smh at people who defend spectrasonics not updating in a timely fashion either. So many other devs provide updates within a reasonable amount of time. How long has omnisphere been on 2.6 now? Cmon man

vertibration wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 pmOmnisphere is an old code man. They update features, but its still out dated. Yes, it sounds good, but so do so many other synths, that are far more efficient. The cost vs what you get and the cost of every major update is ludicrous. You say steady evolution of a classic, I get that, but times are changing. More and more users want speed, efficiency, no lag time between preset changes, modulations, GUI eye candy. Omnisphere at this point, is just kind of corny.
And yet... somehow... I use it daily. Along with tens of thousands of others. Programming is a joy. Patch load times are fast, considerably faster than, say, you responding to my last post for example. Tagging gripes aside - and I'd never say no to some new modelled filters - I'm honestly not waiting for anything especially. It keeps delivering, day after day, at the coalface.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:07 pm
vertibration wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 pmOmnisphere is an old code man. They update features, but its still out dated. Yes, it sounds good, but so do so many other synths, that are far more efficient. The cost vs what you get and the cost of every major update is ludicrous. You say steady evolution of a classic, I get that, but times are changing. More and more users want speed, efficiency, no lag time between preset changes, modulations, GUI eye candy. Omnisphere at this point, is just kind of corny.
And yet... somehow... I use it daily. Along with tens of thousands of others. Programming is a joy. Patch load times are fast, considerably faster than, say, you responding to my last post for example. Tagging gripes aside - and I'd never say no to some new modelled filters - I'm honestly not waiting for anything especially. It keeps delivering, day after day, at the coalface.
Good on you...to each his own. Have fun paying for that hefty 3.0 upgrade, Im out

My guess is - and it's purely a guess - that there won't be a 3.0 upgrade for several years. It's just not needed.

Unlike a bloody Stylus RMX replacement, for example.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”