One Synth Challenge #115: Seismic by Syntonica (L-Ectrobit Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

Weird rules, but CONGRATS top 4(?!) + 2! :clap: What a tiny, tiny list that is. :shock:
Thanks, BJ & Richard! ;)

Congrats to the top 4 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I think this was a pretty tough round, but quality and talent shone through, with so many entries equally as good it was close run.
Nice to see L-ectrobit making the top spot :tu:
and particular favourite newcomer fuffolo scoring 80 points! I hope you come back for another go :tu:

Congrats - very well done, top 4! :clap: Seems like the final results are very similar to my own scoresheet - so in addition to creating some exciting music, you people have pretty great taste as well! :hihi:
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Congratulations to everyone. :clap:

Congrats to the top 4, and well done everyone else - a strange round stretching our skillsets!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tu:

dB

:o My first time in the top spot. It's a great honor to me. Thanks for the great comments and votes! :)

Congrats to Carl, 574x and Frostline for their top places, and to all of you. An excellent round with this special and inspiring synth. A real challenge for many of us. Thanks to Syntonica for your hard work with Seismic.

Also thanks to Brian and Richard for making all this possible. :hug:

As prize I will take Diversion by Dmitry Sches.

:party: :tu: for the winners.

(3 of the 4 top were ranked in my 5p, too, the one which wasn't, got 4p from me. After re-listening now the tracks, its easy to stay behind my original judgement. Btw, the most beautiful for me this time, was the Frostline piece.)
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations L-Ectrobit - well deserved win :clap: And other winners - great stuff (I'm very happy to see Frostline in a place - I really loved that track :tu: ) ...and as always, everyone else for making the winners possible :D

Good morning folks! (On my part of the earth anyway) Congrats to L-EctroBit :clap: 8) Cool to see you make it for the first time! A stellar mix you made there. (I think there's plenty room of improvement for me :oops: )
Also congrats to 574X and Frostline, and Fuffolo. :party: Man!
Thanks y'all!
I pick Modelonia as price. Spotify would be ok for me ...

:party: Congrats everyone. It's the participation that counts the most. We few sixteen stand victorious in this challenge and we have the gift of our own music to show for it!

This was extraordinary round because Seismic exemplifies a unique approach to creating music, and all of us committing to creating an entire piece of music with exclusively Seismic is a thing of tremendous beauty. I noticed some complaints that it was difficult but luckily this round almost everything I fiddled with sounded cool and was fun to make.

I'm thankful that my entry was much better received than usual. "Least played entry wins 3rd place," reads headlines across the interwebs. :lol:

I suppose the moral is that a simpler piece with cleaner execution may be a stronger entry than a diverse complex piece that is difficult to present, as well as it may deserve.

Edit: Moved Seismic feedback to Seismic thread

As for a prize, I’d like to have the goddess of music, Euterpe, please. It’s really my type of thing when you can just hit the OH SNAP :o button and start modulating with a drag of a mouse. I love streamlined simplicity with abundant potential. Plus the ability to modulate OSC 4’s waveform nodes is a stroke of genius. The goddess of musical inspiration might pair very well with HG Fortune Cookie. :love:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Pleasantly surprised (borderline shocked really) to make it to the top 4 again.
Curious to see if I can repeat it in OSC 135 to keep the pattern going. :lol:
Thank you for the votes and kind comments. I'm glad my entry was enjoyed.

Spotify submission is fine with me,

As for a prize I had a list of 4 that I was interested in when I saw I had placed high enough to get one, The top three has made my decision quite easy by eliminating 3 of the 4. :hyper:
I would like Tantra please.
Thanks again to Brian and now also Richard for keeping this contest going. Don't know if I would ever finish a track without it. :tu:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Frostline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 pm Curious to see if I can repeat it in OSC 135 to keep the pattern going. :lol:
That is some serious planning ahead - OSC135 will be in May 2020 :hihi:

Congratulations to the winners!

L-EctroBit - what a nice progress you've made! That is definetly a right direction. Keep it up!
Carl_saved - well deserved! A fresh and musical entrty, what else is needed?
574X - I don't know what is wrong. This track just sounded too flat to my taste. Good work anyway.
Frostline - well done! Your entry woud be much more powerful with proper percussion and basslines, but it worked as it is!
fuffolo - oh, that is a shame. May be you had no time to vote, may be you just forgot about it, or may be you just didn't figured out how to do this. Anyway, good work and exciting first entry!

VCA-089 - 11th from 10th. Looks like I am in the right path to get the achievement "Who lives on the bottom of the sea?". Yes, the sea, exactly! That was my little fantasy about. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions on sundcloud. I will be back with another lackluster entry soon...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Hi All, I finally got a chance to listen to all of your submissions. Well done! And congratulations to the winners! Some amazing compositions and some really amazing patches in there. I heard some percussion in your submissions that's way beyond my current skills. I know Seismic isn't the easiest beasty to tame, so thank you all for giving it a go. I've been lost programming in Java-land for the last month, trying to get some work done on the program I use for business. I think I've got it all that nailed down...

So now, back to Seismic. Please inundate me with your feature requests. I have band-limited waveforms (to darken up the tone) and a couple of modulators on my list that kind of got frozen out since I didn't want to add features in the middle of the contest.

And if y'all could send me your favorite patch that you made and how you want to be tagged in the patch name to be immortalized, I will add them to the next update. I've also got half a modular effects unit done (still have to tune the reverb, among other things. Unfortunately, my middle name is NOT Valhalla!) and the idea for a dedicated drum machine all to go together as a suite.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”