One Synth Challenge #115: Seismic by Syntonica (L-Ectrobit Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

Also OFF topic - here's what I did for the FM Challenge before I saw which FM synths we could use - I used Dexed,OBXD,OXE-fm and sadly Synth1! Nice bass from OBXD at 25 secs in!

Enjoy - will prob be an OSC track sometime in the future! Too much work to junk. Raw mix, warts and all!

dB
https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/lindy

] Peter:H [ wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:54 pm ] Off:Topic [
I've pulled the trigger...my submission for the FMSynth Challenge is online. Listen to it and the tremendously cool track from TrojakEW: https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/vote/
:o :o Actually I went for safe zone and made track that I usually do. Not much innovation from my side :P . Also there is far more better track in FM challenge from another OSC participant and it really super cool.

But looks like you went in unknown land of trap. You made nice track, only snare need to be more powerful and bass need to be even more rumbling. That's how this style looks today. Just beat and rumbling bass and some accidental hit on tonal instrument or two. You track is too complex fro trap :lol: .No offense to trap, it was my first contact with music making I always wanted to make super beats until one day I found I don't want to do this anymore :lol: .
doctorbob wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am Also OFF topic - here's what I did for the FM Challenge before I saw which FM synths we could use - I used Dexed,OBXD,OXE-fm and sadly Synth1! Nice bass from OBXD at 25 secs in!

Enjoy - will prob be an OSC track sometime in the future! Too much work to junk. Raw mix, warts and all!
Ahh too bad you used OBXD and Synth1. But there is still time to replace them with allowed synthesizers. Nice track and super cool brass.

--------------------
Ohh I also voted.

Voted :tu:

A fun couple of hours of musical appreciation and learning. Thanks all :) Lots of variety in how people worked with this synth, and also in comments. The vote will be (unimportant and ) fascinating :D

Voted.
Interesting mix of styles this month.
Thank you to those who left comments, all are appreciated. :tu:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Voted.

Voted and commented all the tracks! That was an interesting trip as always!

I have slightly changed my voting style this month. It is like building your own chart, splitting all the tracks into five equal groups by the score with some exceptions (but not too many). So it was much harder to make decisions, both for the "best" tracks and for the "worst". You know, it is hard to give three points or below to submission, especially when you enjoyed the track and even if you don't.

Good luck everyone!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Well that was a pleasant voting session that I just finished. I was already in a good mood and it seemed to be an especially diverse round.

VCAs comments taking a sudden grim turn were equally entertaining. Maybe he just speaks his honest mind. It’s always great to give constructive feedback. Presentation is important.

I noticed a few entries had some kind of high spikes so I just adjusted the post eq. It could be on my end or it could be something about Seismic. I just shelved everything above 4k, scooped 125 & 500, and everything sounded gravy.
quick, _ake what you want in life

My votes are in!
Still some more comments to come...

at the end of the competition, when the winner is elected, it's much better when you can listen to the compositions directly on the site google one synth challenge. We could see the number of points of each and the ranking and in addition to listen.

the function disappeared from the osc 105 to now, why ?

for example :
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-78-or-2

new kids on the block wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:45 am it's much better when you can listen to the compositions directly on the site google one synth challenge. We could see the number of points of each and the ranking and in addition to listen.

the function disappeared from the osc 105 to now, why ?
I seem to remember this being asked and answered fairly recently. I think it was partly because SoundCloud ditched their 'groups' feature - perhaps what we had before was set up to work with that? To be honest, I'm not really sure if I have understood correctly :? So:

1) Brian, Richard, perhaps we could add this question and answer to a FAQ, and/or
2) Is there anything that could be done to re-instate this feature (and anything folks might be able to do to help?)

zarf, I want the return of this :
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... itre-1.jpg

he disappeared since osc 105

@new kids on the block,

Yes, I know. That is what I was talking about :)

(I have understood what you want - it is my understanding of why it stopped working that I'm not so sure about)

I think there have been a number of difficulties with this recently. I can say that Brian is currently working on a solution, so hopefully we may see something soon.

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #115! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here once voting starts:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-115

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

'A fully-modular, wave-based VST' 'Welcome to Seismic, where everything is a wave. From oscillators to LFOs to envelopes. Seismic is fully modular using Nodes to combine waves in the usual and not-so-usual ways. Combine nodes and waves to output your final sound.' **Note: May not run perfectly on your mac, see manual for info** (Idea credit goes to Tj Shredder).

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music or here : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges? [/quote]

Final Results: L-Ectrobit is the Champion!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st L-Ectrobit - SeptoLectro - 87pts

2nd Carl_saved - Sheep In Wolf's Clothing - 85pts

3rd 574x - Deplatformed And Silenced - 81pts

4th frostline - Frostline TAT - 77pts

5 PeterH - Vibration And Seismic Technologies Inc 75 pts
6 schiing - Leibniz's Law 75 pts
7 Taron - LastBirdsOfTheSeason 74 pts
8 Bh9090 - Everyone Just Chill 73 pts
9 Rockingricky - My Seismic Heart 72 pts
10 RuediRena - Nass 69 pts
11 VCA - Two Weeks On The Beach 68 pts
12 zarf - shaking the earth 67 pts
13 Leonard Bowman - Shelter 63 pts
14 DoctorBob - Seismic Shift 62 pts
15 new kids on the block - automne 43 pts
dq fuffolo - cloudquake 80 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Awesome tunes everyone :clap: :clap: Note: due to rules, there are 4 prizes this month, instead of 5.

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... AKod3-RC4/

Return to “Instruments”