KX77FREE 05 2020 > Major update of 64 bit plug-ins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16 SE PolyMod KX

Http://kx77free.free.fr

To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins and the 32 bit (x86) version of SE PolyMod KX plug-in require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins. The AU version of SE PolyMod KX doesn't need these files...

Link to get the 2015 version (the 2017 version is compatible, check your already installed packages):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

- The previous version of each 64 bit plug-in is available in the zip (README install old ver.txt): Old-x64-ver-x14-dll-sem-Some-KX77FREE-sem-src-code.zip
This will allow you to convert your XML presets saved with previous versions to the VST3 format because unfortunately the old XML format is not compatible with the new versions. This zip also contains the source files of some of my SEM modules and those based on the original SE SEM modules (SampleOscillator3, WaveRecorder3, various tools).

---> Latest updates

28/05/2020 - Important update of 64 bit plug-ins
Kx Synth x16 7.0 / Kx PolyM CSE 3.0 / Kx PolyMod 3.0 / Kx Modulad 5.0 / Kx WaveTracer 5.0 / SE PolyMod KX 2.0
SDK 10 2018 - SE 1.4283 for previous versions (x.x14 -> previous paragraph).
SDK 04 2020 - SE 1.4462
- Made with a recent and stable version of SE (1.4462) and its SDK3 (C++).
- New SR option to change the internal sample rate up to 192k (beta, for advanced users, please read the Readme file).
- New internal preset management.
- Possibility to load VST3 presets with VST2 plug-ins.
- Midi learn settings saved in the presets.
- Kx PolyMod: new oversampled distortion effect, Tube (version 2.14 and 3.00).
- Total of 1042 VST3 presets for the 6 plug-ins.
- SE PolyMod KX - AU 64 bit: updated with the latest SE version 1.4488 debugged on recent OSX versions by MAC developers from SE community.

The zip files of AU and VST2 X86 of the SE PolyMod KX plug-in contain also the previous version because the AU plug-in is beta testing again and I don't regularly use the x86 version (belt and shoulder strap).

Fixed bugs:
- The plug-in outputs were muted for a short time when the first initialisation of GUI editors when these ones were opened (also fixed on x.x14 versions).
- Help texts were displayed incomplete.

---> Recent updates

09/02/2020 - Updates of zip for beta testing (SE 1.4440) and Kx WaveTracer plug-in.
Kx WaveTracer version 4.00:
-Possibility to copy directly the main levels of 40 first harmonics detected by the audio inputs analyser.
-Possibility to sample the internal kxw oscillator output or the audio inputs (left or right input, current sample rate, mono, 16-bit PCM or 32-bit float).
-The sample tune is based on the virtual keyboard, the input signal must be tuned with the oscillator (by listening, with the scopes and analysers). By this way it is possible to find precisely the loop duration for each note sampled.
-Only one button to fill the wave buffer and after to record the WAV file.
-Auto WAV file duration based on one cycle (out of tune, eg: 48kHz -> 440hz -> 109.0909 -> 109 spl) or on a number of cycles following the rounded tune frequency (tuned, eg: 440 hz = 440 cycles -> 440*109.0909...= 48000 spl).
-Auto loop with zero crossing, the loop time is simply the file duration from start to end file.
-Possibility to listen the looped wave buffer to record again if you forget to tune your sampled instrument.
-3 scopes: input, sampling input, wave buffer. There is a little knob to adjust their visibility on the background.
-49 waveform presets.
-New skin.

26/12/2019 - Update of zip for beta testing (SE 1.4427)
15/12/2019 - One track added: "Electronic Music Transfert - Wendy and me", Cubase session in 96k, 19 instances of x64 VST3, 22 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HTRiYiAtFw

21/09/2019 - Update of zip for beta testing (SE 1.4408)
One track added: "KS Dream 2019 - Live Obsession Remix", Cubase session in 96k, 13 instances of x64 VST3, 28 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k. >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gst42Lg0ou8

23/06/2019 - Update of main x64 plug-ins
22/04/2019 - SE PolyMod KX - AU version update
One track added: "KS Dream 2019 - Poem of the witch", Cubase session in 96k, 15 instances of x64 VST3, mix with a lot of automations on sequenced Kx Synth x16, 35 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

24/03/2019 - New x64 FX plug-in: Kx WaveTracer 3.00 and update of main x64 plugins
One track added: "KS Dream 2019 - Poem of the witch", Cubase session in 96k, 15 instances of x64 VST3, mix with a lot of automations on sequenced Kx Synth x16, 35 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2019/K ... ch-48k.wma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba8zrqDEM68

18/11/2018 - Update of main x64 plug-ins
20/08/2018 - Major update of main x64 plug-ins
One track added: "Electronic Matrix - The witch with rainbow apron", Cubase session in 96k, 14 instances of x64 VST3, 16 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/96k.

http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2018/9 ... -apron.wma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrCsPuxfK9k
Last edited by kx77free on Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am, edited 12 times in total.

Awesome :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

18/11/2018 - Update of main x64 plug-ins:
Kx Synth x16 6.10 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.10 / Kx PolyMod 2.10 / Kx Modulad 4.10 / SE PolyMod KX 1.08
- Done with the latest debugged version of SE (1.4273) and with the latest SDK3 (C++).
- SEM size decreased.
Fixed bugs:
- Load and Save XML presets menu works.
- Fix tooltips when Cubase transport runs.
Kx Modulad:
- Midi split available also on unison mode.

SE Polymod KX:
- AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4236 tested on Mojave).
- VCO1: possibility to adjust its oversampling factor (optimization of CPU use) and better down filters.
Fixed bug:
- Load and Save AU presets menu disabled (AU only).

Thank you. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

:D hi All,

I did an hard work about this plug-ins so I need a minimun of KVR members support or some returns of users, if no boby want to work and help me to debug or simply give me an opinion about my work on KVR, I will stop to communicate here, I lose my time.

Xavier

kx77free wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:44 am :D hi All,

I did an hard work about this plug-ins so I need a minimun of KVR members support or some returns of users, if no boby want to work and help me to debug or simply give me an opinion about my work on KVR, I will stop to communicate here, I lose my time.

Xavier
Hi. :)
I would suggest doing it only if you yourself love doing it.
Most people are not smart enough to know which plugins are the best.
Look at how popular Synth1 is... And your plugins sound way way way better, especially for Tangerine Dream kind of music.

I know the fun and joy of building something that works beautifully.
So don't do it for the KVR, do it for your own satisfaction. :)

And this is from me out of selfishness: Please keep up the good work. :clap:
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

these plugs are amazing xavier. i'm glad to see the update. i have used them in the past. the CS filter is very musical. i'm sorry you are not getting the responses you wanted, but it's kind of a bad time right now as everyone is holed up with new toys from the black friday deals. give it some time. personally i remember these plugs from way, way back and know the work that had gone into them. i thank you.

kx77free wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:25 pm 18/11/2018 - Update of main x64 plug-ins:
Kx Synth x16 6.10 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.10 / Kx PolyMod 2.10 / Kx Modulad 4.10 / SE PolyMod KX 1.08
- Done with the latest debugged version of SE (1.4273) and with the latest SDK3 (C++).
- SEM size decreased.
Fixed bugs:
- Load and Save XML presets menu works.
- Fix tooltips when Cubase transport runs.
Kx Modulad:
- Midi split available also on unison mode.

SE Polymod KX:
- AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4236 tested on Mojave).
- VCO1: possibility to adjust its oversampling factor (optimization of CPU use) and better down filters.
Fixed bug:
- Load and Save AU presets menu disabled (AU only).
Thanks! I noticed that in several last versions of Synth 16X the pin matrix on/off and levels are no more available to VST parameter automation. Can you bring it back? It was essential for me because i use some OSC controller automation. Thanks!

Man, I just discovered your plugins this last week, and they are surprisingly good (my favourites are the Polymods). I'm having a little trouble getting used to the way the knobs work, and I think the preset selection section of the plugins could be really improved, but I think your work has a lot of potential, and it's really impressive to think you did it all by yourself (BTW I think you have an overall really good taste for GUIs as well). Keep it on!

Love your synths Xavier. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 pm Perhaps there's not much feedback because installation isn't straightforward. After unzipping the download there's a folder with 88 files and three other folders, with no .dll or .exe. So I check the readme file and it wants me to go to the Microsoft site and install some package that I have no idea what it is. At that point I noped out, it wouldn't surprise me if others did the same. Good luck with your plugins though.
Are you sure you downloaded the right file ? :)
That Microsoft redist is required for many different programs, it is good to have it installed.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lalo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm Thanks! I noticed that in several last versions of Synth 16X the pin matrix on/off and levels are no more available to VST parameter automation. Can you bring it back? It was essential for me because i use some OSC controller automation. Thanks!
I do not forget it , just I'm always buzzy but it's in my head and in the to do list...

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 pm ... I'm having a little trouble getting used to the way the knobs work, and I think the preset selection section of the plugins could be really improved...
Do you talk about the 64 bit VST ?

Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 pm Perhaps there's not much feedback because installation isn't straightforward. After unzipping the download there's a folder with 88 files and three other folders, with no .dll or .exe. So I check the readme file and it wants me to go to the Microsoft site and install some package that I have no idea what it is. At that point I noped out, it wouldn't surprise me if others did the same. Good luck with your plugins though.
Please all is explained on the first paragraph of the main url page:

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html
Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins, get the 2015 version or the 2017 compatible version (check your already installed packages):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

3- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX MODULAD", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

4- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...

5- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the plug-ins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or in out of protected Windows folders.
A lot of exe or plugins use the Microsoft C++ runtimes, just I think that the Windows users usually understand and if you do not understand check yourself about. I cannot explain how Windows works in my help.
I do not provide DLL because the plugins are VST3 with a VST2 wrapper simply by changing the extension .vst3 by .dll.
I wrote all in my readme.txt, in my html help and on my url, I cannot do more. And the majority of users do not like the exes to install plugins and the windows UAC and AV are really boring about the exes so I prefer to provide only ZIP.

I'm currently working to update my Kx WaveTracer to 64 bit, to update the AU of the SE PolyMod KX and I continuous to help Jeff with my debug work about SE.

kx77free wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 pm
lalo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm Thanks! I noticed that in several last versions of Synth 16X the pin matrix on/off and levels are no more available to VST parameter automation. Can you bring it back? It was essential for me because i use some OSC controller automation. Thanks!
I do not forget it , just I'm always buzzy but it's in my head and in the to do list...
Thanks! Any expected release time table? :tu:

Return to “Instruments”