Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Muhgawd, that tutorial video :o
Can't wait for the PC beta.

rodyy if you're monitoring this thread, is "Julian" still being developed?

Pelicanomicon wrote:Muhgawd, that tutorial video :o
Can't wait for the PC beta.

rodyy if you're monitoring this thread, is "Julian" still being developed?
Unfortunately no! But we do have other voices in the works, both male and female.
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote:Unfortunately no! But we do have other voices in the works, both male and female.
Thanks for the response. Lucy sounds remarkable even at this stage, looking forward to what's in store.

I'm looking at getting Vocaloid 5 but didn't realise there were alternatives out there! Any news on a Windows 7 64 Bit version of this sounds really great

Sorry for the late reply! Yes we're already testing the PC version. You can sign up on emvoiceapp.com and we'll let you know when it's ready. Or you can join us on Facebook (just look for Emvoice Users)
Express Yourself.

fisherKing wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 pm
wagtunes wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i think healthy competition is... healthy. i mean, we use what we choose right? and we all have our preferences (hence, 80% of these forum discussions).

yet still, i hang around here and get into arguments I MEAN discussions. some things we do for fun... :party:
The problem is, you can't compare vocal synthesis to traditional synth sounds. Trying to accurately emulate a piano or violin or whatever is something most people strive for. Trying to emulate the human voice is something most people hate. Go look at the thread I started where I said I'd pay $1,000 for a vocal synth to be able to truly sound like a real human being where you literally cannot tell the difference. Look at how many people said they dread the day that this happens.

For whatever reason, there is something sacred about the human voice. It's almost sacrilegious to even conceive of a vocal engine that is indistinguishable from a real human singing.
we'll have this.... eventually. but why anyone would want a vocal synth to replace a singer is beyond me; outside of the novelty of it (or i guess, for songwriter demos)... who's the artist? and what are you presenting?

seems to be the limit for a control freak (& i am one, pretty much), but i ALWAYS have others to sing (or whatever) on my tracks, and voila! there's an artist presenting the song...
I'm interested in this thing as more abstract than all of that.

I'm one of the people who chafed, not at the sacrilege of synthesizing a voice but the sort of ethical issue of copying personality. If the expectation is a real singer, you want a_real_singer or a fully developed AI, which doesn't exist, and may never. _Actual_ personality means memories and emotions and attitudes, fully formed opinions and a worldview (Rachel in the Blade Runner movie). Not gwyne happing during my lifespan anyway. So first of all that thread doesn't talk about anything practical and brought in the desire for personality while naming names. Nothing is sacred like that for me, but there are issues with that idea IME. Copies of personalities distressed me a bit. Again confer Philip K Dick and the consideration <what is the human>.

I'd love to be paying singers and working intensively with one but that isn't happening.

I think there may be enough here to impart some of the affect (the psychological term) of the human voice dealt with carefully. I'm not crazy about the cloud, but then again I don't have space for the samples myself currently. But this is interesting in itself to me.

Here is a new teaser featuring Lucy doing lead and background vocals, and even a bit of (light) scat :)
And of course since Christmas is arriving it's a Christmas song. We wanted to show an example of what you can with Emvoice One in terms of vocal arrangements.
We're still working on the PC beta, and on improving the speed and reliability of our technology.
https://youtu.be/z2JsiU4Hrj0
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:17 am After a suggestion from baggagelizard I...
The Queen of England? :o
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Brilliant - and very cute. Great work there!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Really nice song! I believe in San… er, Lucy!

Good luck with the tweaking!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I tried to install the Linux version but I can't find any installer or executable in the archive.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:07 am I tried to install the Linux version but I can't find any installer or executable in the archive.
There's no plan for a Linux version, sorry...
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:26 am
stanlea wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:07 am I tried to install the Linux version but I can't find any installer or executable in the archive.
There's no plan for a Linux version, sorry...
oops my bad I was confused with another product - sorry for that
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Wagstunes you say this doesn’t sound natural enough. But most modern pop music has unnatural sounding vocals. Pretty much all EDM and Pop has highly auto tuned vocals.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

In fact, I think that Lucy does sound surprisingly natural, more so than any Vocaloid efforts I've heard. And Lucy, and the underlying technology, is AFAIK just in the beginning of the development cycle. I have high hopes for Emvoice.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”