Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NoirSuede wrote:
signalrecords wrote:Long time lurker here, but just signed up finally coz I tried the beta and wanted to show you how the workflow is and how the sound compared to Vocaloid5 (which i dont own so i found a test clip on youtube). I'm super impressed really, sounds muuuuuuch more natural and useable than vocaloid. Lightyears ahead. Hope the price wont be too much higher than it is for vocaloid.

VOCALOID 5 vs EMVOICE ONE (Beta)
https://youtu.be/Ar3Z3deVtOQ

Also not sure why people started saying $200 for subscription, he never said that. Susbscription models are dumb anyway, just pay up front and you end up paying less overall. If you can't afford $100-200 as a one time payment then you should really not be spending any money on software each month! lol. And why is cloud based a problem, who the hell doesnt have internet yet has a computer and DAW?!!
The problem with this vid isn't really that the Vocaloid representative is only from a youtube video, it's that you are comparing a shiny brand-new voicebank (Emvoice) to an outdated voicebank from 2013 that's known even when it was brand new as one of the worst Vocaloid voicebanks you could possibly buy (Hatsune Miku V3 English).
So why isn’t anyone showing us a performance that tops that Emvoice test?
I’m really asking honestly here.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

This is a Vocaloid original I did using Avanna on lead.

Avanna Pros

She has the most beautiful voice of all the Vocaloids.

Avanna Cons

She is a PITA to EQ. The other Vocaloids are very thin in the middle between 200 and 500. Avanna is very thick. So she naturally comes out a little muddy. So you really have to take the EQ to her. Too little cut and it's still muddy, too much cut and she starts to sound very shrill. It's a difficult balancing act. But worth the effort.

Here she is.

The Clock On The Wall

Two A M right now
As I'm staring into space
Can't escape my dreams
Better nightmares in their place
But all the dreams I have
Just don't matter much at all
When all I have is the clock on the wall

No one seems to care
For the dreamers in this world
Life it just goes on
There's no place for wishful girls
And all the dreams I have
When all I have is the clock on the wall

If only my dreams could meet reality
Oh what a wonderful place this world would be

But I'll sleep tonight
And wake up tomorrow morn
In between the dreams
Welcome death after they're born
Cause all the dreams I have
Even less than the clock on the wall

Repeat Bridge

Repeat Last Verse

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... sets/divas

Here's one with YOHIO doing the vocals

YOHIO Pros

Very cool sounding voice. Fairly clear diction as well.

YOHIO Cons

Thin sounding. But this is the basic Vocaloid, or for that matter, any vocal synth flaw. There is just no meat in any of these voices. it's all thin plastic.

I recorded these vocals using Waves Schepes Omni with its vocal (radio) preset, so it kind of has that 70s AM radio sound. I personally like it as I think it gives these Vocaloids a little more edge. You may or may not like the sound. On certain songs, like this one, I think it works.

Pranksters And Jokers

On the town looking for fun
Poor I am I don't find none
Search and search still it's no use
Help me please and let me loose

Take me away from this boredom
Give me a day without sore thumbs
I just want to kick my shoes off
Won't you help me get my blues off
Winners and losers
Beggars and choosers
Drinkers and smokers
Pranksters and jokers

Lonely days they are the worst
Kill me if death don't come first
Blame it on my mom and dad
Guess it's cause I was so bad

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

So it comes down to this day
Words don't come nothing to say
But this ends right here and now
I don't care I don't care how

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... op-madness

Yeah Avanna is one of the best English ones by far, even to this day she's still widely used and viable even though she came out in 2013, watch her volume though.

So, the only way to edit Vocaloid 4 on Mac OS is with Yamaha's dedicated plug for Cubase?

That's a bit of a hurdle, since I've never approached even a demo of Cubase – my armory consists of DP, LPX and Live…

Thank for the demos, though interesting!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Here's one with Cyber Songman on lead vocal with he and YOHIO on background vocals. Vocal "ahs" done by Realivox Ladies.

Cyber Songman Pros

Excellent diction on most words. Cool sounding voice.

Cyber Songman Cons

He has a very noticeable accent. To me it sounds Jamaican. This makes him less suitable for some genres. I find he works best with funk and R&B. IMO, his accent makes him limited use.

This track got a lot of positive comments from many members here. One of my friends over at Gearslutz wants to do a cover of this or one of the other songs in this collection as he's into funk. I could have never done this CD with any other voice. It just wouldn't have sounded as good.

Give Me The Night

Out of the day
Comes a soul for the taking
Coming to play
All his morals forsaking
Nothing to lose
Bets it all on a long shot
What's there to choose
Either ice cold or red hot

Darkness ahead
To the bright light he walks on
Nothing to dread
With his prayers now all talks gone
Soon he arrives
Where he always was meant to
Dead man he thrives
As his money is spent too

Give me the night
Give me the night
Give me the night
Give me the night with you

Through to the end
He will find what his soul needs
Foe or a friend
On the flesh of man he feeds
Be what you will
In the end death will take you
Destiny runs
As his money is spent too

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ising-kane

Spitfire31 wrote:So, the only way to edit Vocaloid 4 on Mac OS is with Yamaha's dedicated plug for Cubase?

That's a bit of a hurdle, since I've never approached even a demo of Cubase – my armory consists of DP, LPX and Live…

/Joachim
There is a Vocaloid 4 standalone version that is not a VST. But then I don't know how easy or hard it is to integrate with a DAW as I've never tried. But yes, you can use Vocaloid 4 standalone on anything and you don't need Cubase.

Spitfire31 wrote:So, the only way to edit Vocaloid 4 on Mac OS is with Yamaha's dedicated plug for Cubase?

/Joachim
technically no as Vocaloid 4 has a Mac version, but if you want VST functionality that works on any DAW but still stay on the V4 engine, you can use Piapro Studio, which is sort of like an aftermarket version of V4 and is bundled with these voicebanks:

KAITO V3
MEIKO V3
Megurine Luka V4X
Kagamine Rin/Len V4X
Hatsune Miku V4X please dont

Thanks, NoirSuede!

/Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:Thanks, NoirSuede!

/Joachim
You're welcome :D

about Emvoice though, is Lucy gonna be the only voicebank?

Give me a break. This doesn’t show that Vocaloid is better than Emvoice.
In fact, every instrument, included drums, doesn’t sound real or natural, so that doesn’t help.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

As fun as it is to compare Emvoice with other engines, I think they're not real competitors. Vocaloid has a signature sound, that you can easily identify regardless of the voice you're listening to. Emvoice One aims at being a generic voice engine, that has no specific sound - not saying we're there now. As a producer, choosing between Emvoice and other engines is a matter of what you're trying to achieve, not which one is "the best".

Lucy has already been used in three commercial projects, for short covers. As far as I know, the customer did not ask questions about whether Lucy was real or not. And that's the whole point. Other voice engine makers have a completely different offer: their voices could not pass for real, even in the right context (proper stylization of the pronunciation, proper mixing and production). I assume they've tried, but it's unbelievably hard and despite years of development we're, again, not there yet. Just closer.

Now let's move back to what people came here for in the first place :)

As I said we're planning to have the words properly displayed, by syllable, under their respective notes. Also planning to have a pre-listen mode that allows you to hear the note you're creating. One useful tip though: you can listen to a note by clicking on it, then hitting Opt-space. And we're already recording new voices, more suited for EDM/Pop.

Also we pretty much gave up on the subscription model. We're looking into a model where you can own or rent-to-own our voices. If we go bust we'll release the offline version of the engine (it doesn't look anything like Emvoice One, believe me) and all the source code.
Express Yourself.

Y'all rock. Best of blessings Emvoice.

all sounds good, and look forward to where this goes...

:clap: :tu: :love:
Really looking forward to what's in your pipeline.

/Joachim

Return to “Instruments”