Ocean Swift - Aeolian Meditation VSTi / Standalone OUT NOW! Intro offer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aeolian Meditation

Usually it's FL Studio and Cubase (and Reason) which are the picky ones when it comes to plugins. If the plugins work there, they work in all environments, so this is surely a Studio One issue.

If there is a way though, that this can be fixed from your side, it would be much appreciated, as Studio One is my primary DAW, with Reason and Bitwig are my secondary and thirdly used DAWs. As Aeolian Meditations is more of an experimental synth though, I think I will use it more in Reason and Bitwig, as they are my experimantal DAWs, so it's not a BIG issue if it won't work for a while in Studio One v4, at least not for me :)

Keep up the good work though, looking forward seeing AM developing, and also maybe seeing future plugins from you :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Any update on the studio one 4 issue?

hey miklo, really apologize, had personal life stuff to take care of, on it today!

ok, issue confirmed here too.

on my log it is showing that the plugin scanning gets on error on the scanning stage and is not even scanned.

opened a support ticket with presonus, posting it here for transparency:
Hi,

We are Ocean Swift Synthesis, and our recently released plugin has been reported by users to get blacklisted by Studio One 4. It works on every single other DAW we tested on (close to 30 DAWS/Hosts) including all the major ones.

You can have a look and test for yourself with our demo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YixTaT ... sp=sharing

Maybe a small hint is that makes our plugin different than most is that our product includes a network server built inside (for OSC communication).

Please look into it as a number of our costumers are Studio One users and we think PreSonus and Ocean Swift should work together to resolve this to everyone's benefit.

We can be reached also at oceanswiftsynthesis@gmail.com

Thanks,

Yaron Eshkar - CEO - Ocean Swift Synthesis
i also sent them the plugin scanner log and a screenshot to go with it.

i will also try to investigate more here.

@faxinadu

What you could add to your case/ticket is that the plugin is working well in Studio One v3, so it's definitely the new plugin scanner introduced in v4.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:@faxinadu

What you could add to your case/ticket is that the plugin is working well in Studio One v3, so it's definitely the new plugin scanner introduced in v4.

oh thanks man!! that's good to know, for sure useful info, adding it to the ticket now!

update: got a somewhat generic reply from presonus that clearly shows they didn't really read the issue. tried what they suggested anyways, no luck. sent them additional info they requested, awaiting their next reply.

Thanks for the update!

faxinadu wrote:update: got a somewhat generic reply from presonus that clearly shows they didn't really read the issue. tried what they suggested anyways, no luck. sent them additional info they requested, awaiting their next reply.
Oh, the typical technical support answer, because they assume all people are technical dummies. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?".

starflakeprj wrote:
faxinadu wrote:update: got a somewhat generic reply from presonus that clearly shows they didn't really read the issue. tried what they suggested anyways, no luck. sent them additional info they requested, awaiting their next reply.
Oh, the typical technical support answer, because they assume all people are technical dummies. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?".
LOL, it was basically exactly that :) but i will persist!

still hunting, but a workaround for now (not ideal i know) - if you jbridge the 64bit version of aeolian (yes the 64!) then it will load in studio one 4.

hope to give a full solution soon!

ok...so i know that this is user error on my part...but i just cant get the app to work. i suspect the problem lies in the port forwarding. i have tried to follow the instructions and the given example...but im on verizon fios and my port forwarding page doesnt look much like the example at all. so im not sure what goes where or anything.

id appreciate any help.

attached is an image of the fios port forwarding screen. under "create new port forwarding rule" i can tick the drop down menu and select ips from a list or enter one. under "application to forward" i get a list that starts with "custom ports" and then a bunch of things i have no idea what they are.

i tried to add things somewhat how it seemed like they might go from the example pdf...but no joy.

i guess my first question is what goes in the first box...the ip from whatsmyip or the ip from the ipv4 from ipconfig?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

hey mate in the ip field in the port forwarding you put your computer's local ip within your network, what you get from doing start-->cmd--->ipconfig.

but you should also have a way to define the ports, not just chose an application, what do you have in the "advanced" tab over there?

faxinadu wrote:hey mate in the ip field in the port forwarding you put your computer's local ip within your network, what you get from doing start-->cmd--->ipconfig.

but you should also have a way to define the ports, not just chose an application, what do you have in the "advanced" tab over there?
here is the advanced section...but this is all i get, there are no other fields for me to enter anything.

soooo.....

1st box is the ip from ipconfig

2nd box set to custom ports

protocol udp

source ports - 8000
destination ports - 9000

forward to ports - ???

schedule- ????

there doesnt seem to be anywhere to put the ip i get from whatsmyip. so this is what im going to try...ill come back and let you know if it worked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

nope...no joy at all.

also my phones ip was already on the list of ips i could choose...doing so made no difference.

this is super frustrating. i really dont want to have to fire up an app and have my phone or a tablet out just to use the random functions.

:::edit:::

aha! got it. everything seems fine now except that using the piano keys on the app doesnt work. i see the vst gets info from the app....the osc light blinks...but the keys dont respond on the vst and nothing plays. sometimes there is a very short clicking. ive tried to change the source on the app...but no matter what i choose its the same....osc light blinks but thats it.

part of what was confusing about the setup was that i didnt need the info from whatsmyip at all. so i was spending time trying to figure out where that goes, when it didnt go anywhere.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”