KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Massive x!

I will be giving this one a miss. :shrug: Not enough new of interest and Kontakt is nearly impossible to see/use on even a 32" 4K monitor at full rez.

KEv

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 am You can only recycle the old food so much until it starts to taste a little stale :party:
digitalboytn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 am That's the problem when the suits run the show :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznsEcZlM2I

Sorry, your comments just reminded me of the old classic Caruso montage. Carry on!

Thinking about our new fictional product Kontakt X, it's even more of a compelling argument than I first thought. New Kontakt X libraries would all be available within a free Kontakt X Player, so there would be no mad rush for people to upgrade if they don't want to.

One other thing I'd very much want to see in the Fictional Kontakt X is a built in basic UI maker. I'm talking basic, but simple stuff like right click on any control under the wrench to put it on a front panel, move it about, add / change labels and add a background image. Just a simple way to create a few controls for basic DIY instruments. At the moment, it requires a 3 year course in computer science to do this. Also some wizards for sampling would be very helpful - auto detecting pitch / velocity and producing some default mapping.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:33 am 2K is still fine, but 4K/8K is insanity that doesn't make any sense.
Posts like these make it hard to take you seriously.

Great majority of people are taking me seriously (for whatever reason), so if that's your reason for not taking me seriously, I honestly couldn't care less. It's a valid opinion (and an informed one, after actually checking out 2K and 4K monitors) like it or not. :)

4k monitors.. 8k... 16k... we've got to have some graphical equivalent of 192k sample rates at which to throw pointless resources...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:47 am Thinking about our new fictional product Kontakt X, it's even more of a compelling argument than I first thought. New Kontakt X libraries would all be available within a free Kontakt X Player, so there would be no mad rush for people to upgrade if they don't want to.

One other thing I'd very much want to see in the Fictional Kontakt X is a built in basic UI maker. I'm talking basic, but simple stuff like right click on any control under the wrench to put it on a front panel, move it about, add / change labels and add a background image. Just a simple way to create a few controls for basic DIY instruments. At the moment, it requires a 3 year course in computer science to do this. Also some wizards for sampling would be very helpful - auto detecting pitch / velocity and producing some default mapping.
Pitch auto detection would be welcome for sure. In Iris 2 it's one of those things that just makes it smoother to work with(though it kills my cpu) and some default mapping stuff would be nice.
In general, Kontakt needs to become easier to use and navigate because it's too powerful not to be. I would imagine even among those who don't use it as a rompler, most only use a fraction of what it's capable of.
Oh and another idea. If it wasn't included in Kontakt 6: Simplify the process of sending multiple outs. I mean they're even named strangely when you try to do this, meanwhile Komplete actually includes the Abbey Road series, which make multiple outs a necessity.
Bring on Kontakt X. This old beast needs a total rewrite.

Total rewrite probably won't happen, IMHO.

pointless resources...
I have a 4K monitor, and the one on the new MBP is... beautiful so it's something to rail against apparently {hosts/thread; "it's not real 4K!"}. But as far as the one I know was sold to me as a 4K, 21.5": for DAW and plugins the resolution has no particular use. It's not going to make anything more distinct, not that I use; however it's great for me as I am severely nearsighted and it's all quite a big bigger, simply mirroring the main display and going for the native resolution.

So for me as well, all that amounts to a big pile of bullshit. It's probably good for watching movies if they're made to take advantage, but I don't really know. Experience with it is that this text/this site, FB, Cubendo, Kontakt ad infin are NOT more distinct through this monitor in and of itself, if anything less distinct. But don't take that too seriously as I'm going blind anyway.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 4k monitors.. 8k... 16k... we've got to have some graphical equivalent of 192k sample rates at which to throw pointless resources...
Not at all. 4K on a 21" display gives you roughly the same image quality as 2K on a 13" MacBook Pro. If you're used to retina dot pitch, anything less looks like it was printed on a dot matrix printer.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm Great majority of people are taking me seriously (for whatever reason), so if that's your reason for not taking me seriously, I honestly couldn't care less. It's a valid opinion (and an informed one, after actually checking out 2K and 4K monitors) like it or not. :)
It's an ongoing debate, not just here. Not sure either side is totally right or wrong.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

db3 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:36 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 4k monitors.. 8k... 16k... we've got to have some graphical equivalent of 192k sample rates at which to throw pointless resources...
Not at all. 4K on a 21" display gives you roughly the same image quality as 2K on a 13" MacBook Pro. If you're used to retina dot pitch, anything less looks like it was printed on a dot matrix printer.
I have the 4k UltraFine; the new MBP, 15"; and a mid-2010 MBP 13".
I believe you're exaggerating a little in the last clause there. ;) I use the latter in my bedroom for internet. It's not as good but I'm not very bugged really.

If anything, the 4K is less distinct than the 15". I cannot back any of this up with real data. :D

I am with EvilDragon, 4k or more is only a nice to have than an important benefit, for sure you see a difference, but in my opinion I like my 2k (2560x1400) on 27" much more than the 5k display on our iMac Retina.
It feels too sharp and also I like non-glare displays much more.

The comparison between the u-he GUI, Roland GUI or Arturia and the NI GUI is not fair. Reaktor or Kontakt have a much more complex GUI than a "single" screen softsynth (Don't understand me wrong, I really like the u-He and other Hires Synths). And also the third party stuff won't make the job easier for NI.

So in my opinion, Sound and Features are much more important than sharpness of the gui, so I completely understand NI that is not the highest priority for them - you can still use them, the usability is great and the sound also. It's all about making music.

Maybe it's like watching a movie on vhs or dvd, if the movie and its story are bullshit than even the sharpest and best pictures on 4k bluray won't help to make it a better movie.

tomtom1234 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 pm So in my opinion, Sound and Features are much more important than sharpness of the gui. It's all about making music.

If the movie and its story are bullshit than even the sharpest and best pictures on 4k bluray won't help to make it a better movie.
:tu: :clap:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”