KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Hello

I just release an article about the recent leak of the KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE.
It will include Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6 & more :)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/05/nat ... akt-6.html

Cheers

Tom
SYNTH ANATOMY
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

cue the "yawn boring, more loops" ;-)
MillerSam wrote:Hello

I just release an article about the recent leak of the KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE.
It will include Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6 & more :)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/05/nat ... akt-6.html

Cheers

Tom
SYNTH ANATOMY

What do retailers do with komplete 11 when komplete 12 comes out? Does it just go away or does it go on sale? I'm looking for the right time to buy komplete 11 ultimate since I am probably not going to be all that interested in komplete 12.

If you believe the leak, then Massive X, a further development of the well-known Massive Synthesizer is coming.
But... is that true really? Do we know for sure that this is the successor of Massive?

And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?

chk071 wrote:
If you believe the leak, then Massive X, a further development of the well-known Massive Synthesizer is coming.
But... is that true really? Do we know for sure that this is the successor of Massive?
It's true if you believe the leak. If you don't believe the leak it may be anything else or not exist at all. :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071 wrote:

And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?
An X is two diagonal 1's.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

chk071 wrote: And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?
Wait, did you skip Massive v. 2 till v.9? I hope you at least have backed up your downloads of FL Studio 13 till 19?

recursive one wrote:
Wait, did you skip Massive v. 2 till v.9? I hope you at least have backed up your downloads of FL Studio 13 till 19?
I'm waiting until I get Windows 9 installed.

jsp1979 wrote:
recursive one wrote:
I'm waiting until I get Windows 9 installed.
I think the iPhone 9 will be first.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

recursive one wrote: It's true if you believe the leak. If you don't believe the leak it may be anything else or not exist at all. :)
Since TRK-01 was listed 3 weeks ago in the leak, and was only announced yesterday, I’d call it a pretty convincing leak. It may not be complete (ha) and subject to change, but it’s got substance.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I would call it legit. But I would also think it was some ways away...maybe late fall.

Local Man wrote:What do retailers do with komplete 11 when komplete 12 comes out? Does it just go away or does it go on sale? I'm looking for the right time to buy komplete 11 ultimate since I am probably not going to be all that interested in komplete 12.
I'm not entirely sure of the exact timing, but the "Summer of Sound" sale, which NI have held during June in recent years helps to clear out physical stock by offering Komplete, including Ultimate, and upgrade versions at half price.

I'm currently on Komplete Ultimate 9 and was thinking of upgrading if there was a sale, but I might wait for Komplete 12 instead as it has been a few years since I've upgraded.

i'll wait till it comes out for the iwatch
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

noiseboyuk wrote:
recursive one wrote: It's true if you believe the leak. If you don't believe the leak it may be anything else or not exist at all. :)
Since TRK-01 was listed 3 weeks ago in the leak, and was only announced yesterday, I’d call it a pretty convincing leak. It may not be complete (ha) and subject to change, but it’s got substance.
Well, probably we can be sure that something called "Massive X" is going to be released at some point but there is no clues whatsoever what it is going to be and is it even going to be a synth. "Massive" is such a word, it can be used basially for everything, not necessarilly connected to The Massive (like Native Access unfortunately doesn't mean a native version of Access Virus).

Someone in that NI thread said that it may be a sample player with a library based on Massive presets (the "Massive X library" from the same source). While it's not what everyone expects here it seems somehow more realistic than an actual Massive update.

Anyway, I hope for some Reaktor-based synth (not that i actually want it to be Reaktor-based but I doubt NI would ever make a new standalone VSTi) loosely connected to the original Massive concept, maybe using the same wavetables. Perhaps some of the bass synth modes in that TRK-1 (wavetable, supersaw, FM) will be shared with this "Massive X".

Return to “Instruments”