DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

Error when I try to extract... Winrar, 7zip... Great... :evil:

Leichenschmaus wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:54 pm Error when I try to extract... Winrar, 7zip... Great... :evil:
I had to re-download it a couple times. Try again... (I used 7zip for Windows version). First couple times I had issues, third time worked.

v1o wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 pm
sqigls wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:36 am is it useable as a synth if you don't use any of the 10GB of shite?
or are the oscillators samples?
It is actually very usable, its a competent synth on its own right just using the basic analogue waveforms. The interface is deceptively simple, there is actually a decent amount of depth.
And the waveform editor allows you to create your own waveforms which is really cool.

Unfortunately, the FX are horrendous. I mean HORRENDOUS. They may be some of the WORST FX I've heard on a paid for synth yet. The delay is usable but everything else is the pits.

I don't know what they were thinking.
I had a quick look at the credits. The DSP was all done by a company I've never heard of before. They also make their own VSTs, Dancida bass synthesiser $10.99 and Cubits Rompler Workstation $25.99. At least we know who to blame for the FX.

http://www.cubicaudio.co.uk/
Wow! I was unaware this company was still going. I stupidly purchased Dancida about 9 years ago and it looks like it's never had a single update. God, what a terrible synth..
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

i thought this might be a bit of a hit at this price....doesn't look like it is stacking up that way. Will try tomorrow

Downloaded demo, tried demo, deleted demo.

topaz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:13 pm Downloaded demo, tried demo, deleted demo.
Veni, vidi, deleti ... short and sweet, thanks
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:11 am
topaz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:13 pm Downloaded demo, tried demo, deleted demo.
Veni, vidi, deleti ... short and sweet, thanks
It is a very genre specific instrument. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I took the demo for a spin. It's definitely not the best sounding synth — the filters and effects are not great. That said, for the basement price, there's plenty of stuff in there suitable for electronica...particularly if you want to build rhythmic parts with the arp.

I guess I don't need it if I have Thorn...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 am I guess I don't need it if I have Thorn...
If you've got Thorn then you don't need an awful lot :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 am I guess I don't need it if I have Thorn...
I guess Ascension was supposed to compete in the Nexus/Lethal market. It is not really a Rompler in the traditional sense but I don't think it would be fair to compare it with a full featured synth either.

And, no offense, but I think that "do I need this if I have that" question is a bit of a moot one. If you have a reasonably professional DAW you will most likely never really "need" anything else.

If you feel that you need to ask the "do I need this" question, you are most likely searching for a reason to not give in to GAS at which point that answer should always be: "no, you do not need this at all."

These PiB deals are a good exercise to control GAS. Part of the exercise is to ask this question to yourself. Even if the deal is 1$, an amount I could get a coffee for...
(I don't need coffee either...; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:44 am These PiB deals are a good exercise to control GAS. Part of the exercise is to ask this question to yourself. Even if the deal is 1$, an amount I could get a coffee for...
(I don't need coffee either...; - )
:lol: Yes, in that sense, you are right.

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:25 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Good to know. Anything important to know for installing the upgraded content?
Well, really nothing. Here is what I did:
1. Download the trial version from PB and uncompress the Ascension_1.0.1_Trial_PC_Mac.zip
2. Inside Ascension_1.0.1_Trial_PC_Mac, uncompress the ASCENSION 1.0.1 SPECIAL EDITION DATA LIBRARY folder
3. Move the unzipped folder to where the original library is
4. Change the original library's name to something else. Change the new library's name to the original library
5. Open my daw and start the ascension. Done! :tu:
(I guess you can just overwrite the original library, but I did this just in case)
The additional presets are actually quite nice. If you bought Ascension on KVR earlier you might want to go through the trouble of updating the data folder with the data from the WA Production trial version.

Nobody is having this problem ?

I've purchased the synth but I'm unable to register... The part where you're supposed to load your licence simply doesn't appear in my Cubase 10 under Windows 8.1...

I've found a way to make it appear : if I load Ascension in Wavosaur, the "load licence" (or whatever name, I don't remember) button appears (and by the way, in Wavosaur this is the "Oscillator Settings" which is missing), but in Cubase 10, Ascension still loads as a demo.

I'm going to contact the support of course, but I'm suprised to be the only one with this problem. Am I ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Instruments”