DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

Anyone tried this on OS X 10.13.6 or above with cubase 10 ?

Just installed the W.A. Production version and tried to activate it, but it crashes every time. Tried in three different DAWs, and I tried both with VST2 and 3 (64-bit). Anyone else encountering this? Opened a ticket at Plugin Boutique.

Edit: Only a stupid coding mistake I guess, it worked when I stored the license file locally and imported it, but not when trying to import it from a shared network folder.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Good to know. Anything important to know for installing the upgraded content?
Not really. Just unzip, put the data somewhere on your drive (I put it in My Documents) and then let Ascension know where it is. Everything will be pulled into the plugin.

FWIW, if this was a $200 plugin I'd be like WTF because it's fairly basic outside of the arp. But for 15 bucks, this was my biggest no brainer of the year. I have zero regrets getting this and I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it for quick patches that might take longer to create on a more complex synth.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Good to know. Anything important to know for installing the upgraded content?
Well, really nothing. Here is what I did:
1. Download the trial version from PB and uncompress the Ascension_1.0.1_Trial_PC_Mac.zip
2. Inside Ascension_1.0.1_Trial_PC_Mac, uncompress the ASCENSION 1.0.1 SPECIAL EDITION DATA LIBRARY folder
3. Move the unzipped folder to where the original library is
4. Change the original library's name to something else. Change the new library's name to the original library
5. Open my daw and start the ascension. Done! :tu:
(I guess you can just overwrite the original library, but I did this just in case)
Trance, Trance Is Life

:tu: Thanks for the info.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Anybody know if the GUI is resizeable? I have a bandwidth cap, and I'm not going to download a 9 GB demo unless I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy.

GreyLion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 pm Anybody know if the GUI is resizeable? I have a bandwidth cap, and I'm not going to download a 9 GB demo unless I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy.
I can't find a way to resize it, so I guess it's not possible.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I don't have the patience to D/L a 9 gig demo.

What are the presets like?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 pm
GreyLion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 pm Anybody know if the GUI is resizeable? I have a bandwidth cap, and I'm not going to download a 9 GB demo unless I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy.
I can't find a way to resize it, so I guess it's not possible.
Thanks! Guess I can cross another one off.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Not really. Just unzip, put the data somewhere on your drive (I put it in My Documents) and then let Ascension know where it is. Everything will be pulled into the plugin.

can you go into detail? I've installed and registered the synth but can see how to import any bonus content :/

btw total no-brainer considering the price
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm

can you go into detail? I've installed and registered the synth but can see how to import any bonus content :/

btw total no-brainer considering the price
actually I've sussed it now. It didn't install correctly until I deleted the demo directory which was previously installed

Is it just me or do the Unison settings in the Oscillators make no difference to the sound?

just realised you need to use the detune knob to get the effect. Some of the samples seem to have a lot of unison already built in

also the Filter release doesn't seem to work :/ The more I play with it the more I'm glad I didn't pay any more

Jbravo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:21 am also the Filter release doesn't seem to work :/ The more I play with it the more I'm glad I didn't pay any more
Filter release works here though the max release time is really short. Not sure why they limit it to 2500 MS.

But again, it's a cheap synth so they had to cut corners somewhere.

I noticed the effects on it are pretty poor (imo). I found if you turn them off and add your own you can get it to sound amazing.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”