DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
surreal wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:41 pm What is the protection scheme 9f this plug, is it activated like Aurturia or is it a keyfile or serial?
On another note, and I can't believe this, the arpeggiator, which is pretty cool, does NOT allow you to import in your own MIDI files. The VST comes with proprietary MIDI files in DPA format. There seems to be no way to either edit these OR create your own.

I honestly don't understand such as basic omission. If you're going to allow for the import of MIDI files, why not allow the import of custom MIDI files. Being restricted to just the ones that come with Ascension makes everybody sound the same.

This was a HUGE oversight IMO.

Hopefully, they'll change this in the future or create some kind of editor. And no, the built in editor doesn't allow any modification of the loaded pattern.

Very disappointing. But I guess you can't expect much for $15.
You can drag & drop import the MIDI phrases in your DAW's Piano roll and edit them there. Watch this at min 5:58

https://youtu.be/N9oFQuFPtjY?t=358

Also, it's much better/easier to be able to edit those MIDI phrases on your DAW rather than the plugin itself IMO.

But as Wagtunes says, your can't import midi files into Ascension, at least this is not showed in the video.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Is this the full version or a cut down version? Anyone who bought it, do you know?
The one that came out last year includes 1700 MIDI samples etc.
On the pluginboutique, it states:
"We are proud to announce our new partnership with Cubic Audio to release an exclusive edition of the plugin Ascension."

Exclusive edition?! Anyone know the difference if there is one? thanks

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:48 pm But as Wagtunes says, your can't import midi files into Ascension, at least this is not showed in the video.
Yes, he's correct. You can't edit the MIDI or import one into the "MIDI player" directly. But you can always export the built-in ones and then edit them in your DAW, much like a starting point for you to expand on. The DAW's piano roll is always much more flexible anyway.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am $19. Wow. You know, even though I don't really need this synth, it sounds good, it's nice and compact, easy to program, and might make me a few bucks making libraries for it.

I'll tell you this much. To me, it sounds just as good (better really) than Sylenth1 that sells for almost 10x as much.

I just might be picking this one up after all.

** EDIT ** I just calculated that with the virtual cash I have, I can get this for under $15.
Are you on Windows or Mac? I'm unable to extract the zip for some reason. Is there a zip inside the zip that you download from Plugin Boutique? Please help.

soundof wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm Is this the full version or a cut down version? Anyone who bought it, do you know?
"We are proud to announce our new partnership with Cubic Audio to release an exclusive edition of the plugin Ascension."

I appears that the PB version has one additional expansion, but that is not completely clear. The site talks about an expansion with "over 130 presets". The KVR version came with two small expansions that made up 66 presets in total. Otherwise they seem to be the same.
Last edited by mgw38 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am $19. Wow. You know, even though I don't really need this synth, it sounds good, it's nice and compact, easy to program, and might make me a few bucks making libraries for it.

I'll tell you this much. To me, it sounds just as good (better really) than Sylenth1 that sells for almost 10x as much.

I just might be picking this one up after all.

** EDIT ** I just calculated that with the virtual cash I have, I can get this for under $15.
Are you on Windows or Mac? I'm unable to extract the zip for some reason. Is there a zip inside the zip that you download from Plugin Boutique? Please help.
I am on PC and had no problem. The install instructions say that if on MAC you will have to provide your password. I did not have to being on PC. If you're on PC and have to the only thing I can think of is write to them. I did and they responded quickly.

Here is their email.

info AT ascension-vst-synthesizer.com

Again, to repeat in case anybody missed it, you CAN import your own MIDI files. I posted the workaround earlier in this thread.

And the reason you'd want to do this is if you're a sound designer and want to give customers additional MIDI files to use. This adds additional value to the library.

Can anyone who has recently purchased and installed the latest installer verify if the install instructions on PB's web site are correct?

Is this a simple serial activation now?

Thanks

mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:10 pm
soundof wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm Is this the full version or a cut down version? Anyone who bought it, do you know?

I appears that the PB version has one additional expansion, but that is not completely clear. The site talks about an expansion with "over 130 presets". The KVR version came with two small expansions that made up 66 presets in total. Otherwise they seem to be the same.
It seems this comes with 400MB ROM, not over 10GB like the original, can anyone who bought it please confirm?
From WA website, "Our exclusive release will include an expansion with over 130 presets, 60 midi loops, and over 440 mb of ROM."

Was confused as on the pluginbout... website, further down the description it talked about the 10.5GB content etc.

Well, i think I'm gonna download the demo from PB and see if my KVR serial can unlock the plugin
Trance, Trance Is Life

soundof wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:46 pm It seems this comes with 400MB ROM, not over 10GB like the original, can anyone who bought it please confirm?
From WA website, "Our exclusive release will include an expansion with over 130 presets, 60 midi loops, and over 440 mb of ROM."

Was confused as on the pluginbout... website, further down the description it talked about the 10.5GB content etc.
I would guess this version comes with an *additional* expansion with extra presets, midi loops and rom samples. So on top of the original content.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:55 pm Well, i think I'm gonna download the demo from PB and see if my KVR serial can unlock the plugin
Aha, no need, the trial version comes with the complete data library. I just imported the exclusive stuff and it worked like a charm :hyper:
Trance, Trance Is Life

jdavis3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm Can anyone who has recently purchased and installed the latest installer verify if the install instructions on PB's web site are correct?

Is this a simple serial activation now?

Thanks
So I originally purchased the DMS version on KVR and I just downloaded the trial version of WA edition from PB. I can confirm that it contains whatever is in the original version PLUS extra exclusive content.

The size of the DMS version data folder is 10.1 Gb and WA edition is 10.8 Gb
Trance, Trance Is Life

Good to know. Anything important to know for installing the upgraded content?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Instruments”