DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

Here is what I can see in Wavosaur...

So it's licensed on my machine, but it's not... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Have you tried loading the license into the standalone version?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:14 pm Have you tried loading the license into the standalone version?
Thank you very, very much for this suggestion ! I had totally forgotten there was a standalone version. :tu:

This changed nothing actually. I installed the standalone version : it appeared as registered, and the plugin in Cubase still appeared as a demo.

But : I also installed the VST3, and set Cubase 10 to run as administrator, and something worked. Now my VST3 Ascension copy in Cubase is registered ! :party:

I hope this may help anyone having the same problem.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Anyone had any luck successfully running this on OSX? I installed it normally, loaded it up in my DAW, first thing it does is ask for the data directory with a file browser. Browse to the data directory, hit load, and a second later the DAW crashes. Same thing when I try to browse to get it to accept the plugin file. I've tried pretty much every configuration I can think of: data directory in local user, users/shared/, external drive, AU/VST, multiple DAWs (Logic, Waveform, Mulab), even the standalone app. Not sure what needs to happen to get it to work...

ztrauq wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:07 am Anyone had any luck successfully running this on OSX?
I've had the DMS version working here.

This sounds like the data folder is corrupt or it's a permissions issue. Does the target folder have permissions set to 755?

I jumped in. $15 is a no-brainer. Always good to have another option.
Anyone know if you can resize the GUI? The presets are a bit small on my older eyes.
Thanks.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Nope

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:47 am I jumped in. $15 is a no-brainer. Always good to have another option.
Anyone know if you can resize the GUI? The presets are a bit small on my older eyes.
Thanks.

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:47 am I jumped in. $15 is a no-brainer. Always good to have another option.
Thanks.
Nope, it's not resizable. But our friend SatyaTunes is in the credits for designing the UI! :D

Who is SatyaTunes? Something I missed?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:07 am Who is SatyaTunes? Something I missed?
http://www.satyatunes.com/web/index.php

Prolific synth UI designer, he's worked on a lot of stuff, like official skins for Synthmaster and Avenger, ArcSyn etc and commercial custom skins for Hive, Dune, Melda. There's a load of free skins on his site too.

He has more of his work on his Facebook page than his website:
https://www.facebook.com/satyatunes

He has taken part in the One Synth Challenge on KVR in the past and generously offers his stuff as prizes :hyper:

Decided to grab this for its wealth of content.

The activation instructions on PB are incorrect. You have to follow the instructions in the manual (enter serial and hardware ID on Cubic Audio page and download activation file to import).

NB) Haven't been able to get the global high quality setting to stick (Mac).

Running Log Pro X mac 10.13.6 tried it in Live and Cubase 9.5 no way to activate.

GUI is soooo sluggish on Mac OS too.
Don’t think they’re going to fix it.

Where is it for $15?
Couldn't get past the loud hiss of demo.

I purchased this from PB for $19 USD, but I have been unable to install it on Windows, because the ZIP file from the download location appears to be corrupt (I have downloaded it three times via three different clients). I opened a support inquiry with PB a couple of days ago, but I have heard nothing back from anybody there.

It is quite a large download (over 9GB), so it is very frustrating when it turns out to be corrupted.
Last edited by tonedef71 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”