Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

AuroraFM.png
Hey all. I'm an indie developer and I present to you Aurora FM, my new FM synthesis VSTi for Win32/64, available here: http://www.audionebula.ca.

All the details are on my website. If an FM synthesizer is something lacking from your toolkit or you just like checking out new instruments, I think you might find it has a lot to offer for the modest price.

This is my first time releasing a synth (I've done several MIDI editor/hardware controllers in the past) and I don't really know what else to say... so, uh, there you go I guess. :)

Edit:
Feature requests are pointless. I guarantee my wishlist is bigger than yours :wink: .

Product page: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/aurora ... dio-nebula

RyFi
http://www.audionebula.ca
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RyFi on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ah is this the one i beta tested a while back? My apologies for not getting back to you.

It did work in fl studio though.

Anyway Congrats on the release :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

No problem. Thank you!

Seems quite similar to a dx7, with sine waves only and the Yam algos. What does it bring more than the already existing incarnations ?

Also, why are some OPs bg colour blue, and the remaining ones green ?
+ I think some sections need to be clearly separated in the GUI, especially in the bottom right area.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
It seems like the blue operators are the carriers. Algo 3 is selected with OP1 and OP4 as carriers, and the larger GUI reflects that. At least it seems that way.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

yes, you're very probably right :tu:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Just tried the demo. Doesn't work in Reaper x64 on my Windows system. Error message while scanning: "Plugin Aurora FM.dll executed invalid operation while scanning".

Back to Oxe FM for now :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Corroborating demo does not work in Reaper x64 v5.80. Same error message as previously reported.

himalaya wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
It seems like the blue operators are the carriers. Algo 3 is selected with OP1 and OP4 as carriers, and the larger GUI reflects that. At least it seems that way.
Correct!

Nielzie wrote:Just tried the demo. Doesn't work in Reaper x64 on my Windows system. Error message while scanning: "Plugin Aurora FM.dll executed invalid operation while scanning".

Back to Oxe FM for now :)
yellowmix wrote:Corroborating demo does not work in Reaper x64 v5.80. Same error message as previously reported.
Oh good lord... Reaper just happens to be what I use for development testing and it's worked perfectly in Reaper for me for months now.

Unfortunately this is the reality of software development and I'm just a one-man shop. I'm completely committed to resolving issues and all I ask is a little patience and understanding.

Please tell me: what version of Windows are you running? Do you have any Reaper options set that might be non-default? Is your Windows user an Administrator?

Would you be willing to send me a screenshot of your VST preference pages to help me out?

Windows 10 user with admin rights and pretty much default settings in Reaper. I even use the default GUI. After "clear cache/rescan" option, same error message appears during vst scan.

I'm afraid there is not much more to say.. My Reaper system has been rock solid for ages and I've tried A LOT of plugins on it. This one is the first to have this error message that I can remember.

It's during initial vst scan, so the plugin has not even been fully loaded/started (?) so sound engine settings, etc. shouldn't even matter, right?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Lotuzia wrote:Seems quite similar to a dx7, with sine waves only and the Yam algos. What does it bring more than the already existing incarnations ?
Tons!
- Frequency selection Relative mode
- Sync phase options
- Drawable envelope controls
- Extra envelope stage
- Envelope times instead of rates for all stages but Release
- Envelope slope options
- Loopable envelopes
- Tempo-syncable envelopes
- Tons of extra modulation routings
- Tempo-syncable modulators
- Modulation polarity modes
- Modulation ranges
- Modulation voicing modes
- Numeric display with quantified units for (nearly) all parameters
- Visually representative key scaling controls
- Quick visual feedback-providing illuminated sliders instead of knobs
- 3x2 or 2x3 operator layout depending on algorithm for most intuitive and optimal layout

And that's just the obvious stuff off the top of my head.

It's not a DX7 emulator. It's a full 32-bit float engine, no limited resolution sine tables and Log LUTs.

It uses the 32 Yamaha algorithms because those cover just about every possible combination of 6 operators. There might be one or two more that aren't covered, but the Yamaha engineers picked the most important ways to route the 6 operators.

As for the sine-only waveforms: Yes, for now. If this gets some traction, I'd like to implement additional waveforms.
Last edited by RyFi on Sat May 05, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nielzie wrote:Windows 10 user with admin rights and pretty much default settings in Reaper. I even use the default GUI. After "clear cache/rescan" option, same error message appears during vst scan.

I'm afraid there is not much more to say.. My Reaper system has been rock solid for ages and I've tried A LOT of plugins on it. This one is the first to have this error message that I can remember.

It's during initial vst scan, so the plugin has not even been fully loaded/started (?) so sound engine settings, etc. shouldn't even matter, right?
Thank you! Yeah, this is kind of a mind-bork. I've never experienced that error. I can't even begin to imagine how I can go about diagnosing this, but I'm going to try. I apologize for the unflattering first impression.

Please consider to add optional osc shapes (maybe importing of own samples), a chorus and filter fx and... OSX version. Then it'll be dream fm vst synth.

Nielzie wrote:Windows 10 user with admin rights and pretty much default settings in Reaper. I even use the default GUI. After "clear cache/rescan" option, same error message appears during vst scan.

Another question if I may: Does your Windows Event Log show an entry for this "invalid operation"? If so, that may give me some insight.

Return to “Instruments”