New granular morph plotting sampler: Glitchmachines Palindrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

street spirit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:16 am I read the gui is really small, but for 10$ its still a stellar deal.
Palindrome user interface is resizable.

Yeah if its not you owe me 10$.
They really need to offer a demo
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Since it is, it's you who owe me 10$ for the tip.

David wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:43 pm Especially considering that it's a Glitchmachines device, all the others of which that I own, I can barely get to do anything but unexpected, uncontrolled weirdness. Already got plenty of that…:)
lol - +1. I stopped looking for intuitive control/creativeness with the two I have.

I watched the video of Palindrome, and it seemed to me that The Mangle had a cleaner design with more options to modulate with the LFOs and sequencers. Of course, I know TM doesn't work on everyone's system - and it appears to be "abandonware," but it still works perfectly for me. Still, for ten bucks, those who like toys probably can't lose with this deal.

Glitchmachines tools are 100 % fine controllable. Just disable everything and save it as an init patch. And then learn your way through the plugins while starting with just one function in one module before adding a new function or module. And please consider the dry wet and master volume knobs very important functions on any Glitchmachines plugin. They are essential for mixing purpose and for closer listening what you are really doing to your audio material.

Dry / wet - very important for these plugs! Very scary if not used with some caution (lowering the wet!).

When I tried this I put a few acapella files in it and it got real real weird.
ImageImageImageImage

Ha!

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm Then another trick I think is to use Palindrome as a sound generator, then process the results further more with more tools and effects.
What do you mean by using it as a sound generator?

Maybe he means QUADRANT?
PALINDROME doesn't have sound self generating OSCs.

These are back on sale, and it looks like both Palindrome and Polygon now have scalable user interfaces (mentioning both in the same breath as they both are advertised as coming as with granular capabilities). Is Polygon still monophonoic?

as far as i can see the original polygon seems to be discontinued and replaced by "polygon 2"
which seems to be a new product
it is scalable and polyphon

productpage says:
Variable Polyphony
https://glitchmachines.com/products/polygon/
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... olygon-2-0

collider wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm Then another trick I think is to use Palindrome as a sound generator, then process the results further more with more tools and effects.
I meant not using the Glitchmachines plugins straight away as regular synths, but more as improv sound sources, record and then use the sounds for further more manipulations and processing.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:05 pm
collider wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 pm
I meant not using the Glitchmachines plugins straight away as regular synths, but more as improv sound sources, record and then use the sounds for further more manipulations and processing.
That is what I'm doing, too. Hit record, twist some knobs, cut out bits and pieces and/or process further.

muki wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:50 pm as far as i can see the original polygon seems to be discontinued and replaced by "polygon 2"
which seems to be a new product
it is scalable and
Yeah they have some recentish comments on YouTube from their account that outline that they have upgraded Polygon and plan on refreshing the rest of their plugins with Palindrome being scheduled last.

Return to “Instruments”