New granular morph plotting sampler: Glitchmachines Palindrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:18 pm I hope that the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas and end of year sales include Palindrome!

Also wondering if ChordScape has any similarity to any of the GM plugins.
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/chordscape-kontakt/
It's on sale for around $50.
Going by the demo tunes not in the slightest
Amazon: why not use an alternative

pekbro wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 am
nichttuntun wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am Hi guys,
Ivo updated CONVEX
Nice! Sadly, unless you bought it directly from GM there is no way to get it. Or even the
1.1 update from a couple years ago apparently...

*Although, I suppose the 1.1 thing could be a versioning error.
Anyway, I'm sure it will turn up at some point. A caveat of buying from a vendor, in this case. :shrug:
FWIW I just emailed GM about Convex as I was still on v1.1 ... they sent me a link to v1.2 almost immediately.

Palindrome is On sale at PluginBoutique for $10 :)

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

simmo75 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:59 am Palindrome is On sale at PluginBoutique for $10 :)
Such a great tool, such a great develloper. 10$??? What a shame :( :?

Ya, I spent $150 on all their synths/effects about a year ago. Now they are worth chump change. Live and learn.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 am Ya, I spent $150 on all their synths/effects about a year ago. Now they are worth chump change. Live and learn.
No. They are worth a lot. They are amazingly good and it´s so much joy to use them. Thats priceless :)

TL/DR: DO NOT MISS!

The shame about Palindrome being on sale for $10 until early Jan 2020, would be that ANYone with even the slightest interest in Granular synthesis did NOT grab this.

IMO:
Palindrome is not only the easiest to understand and actually use, with precision control and not just endless randomness, of all the Glitchmachines devices I've tried (which is most), it's also one of the easiest to control and most powerful granular synths ANYWHERE.

There's quite a few videos on it; the best intro demo of it I think is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OUW05 ... m-comments

And the best detailed explanation of how it works that I've yet found is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4vkY2cTkBQ

Palindrome is cool but I stopped using granular instruments which allow only to import samples. I don´t like this ancient method of sound design. I want a grain manipulating plugin as effect to process my synths and instruments. Having to record and export, drag & drop samples all the time is a bummer. Absolutely kills any creative workflow.
I think the devs start to realize that and give their plugins away for just a few bucks

^^
Sounds like you're saying I don't like a granular synth because it isn't a granular FX.

Granted there's some overlap between granular synths and granular FX, but the distinction still applies, IMO: Make instrument from grains vs. Process audio into grains.
Two different functions = two different goals = two different device types.

Granular Delays

Granular Synths

Interesting list, missed the boat w/Palindrome:)

No absolutely not.
What I mean is, every granular plugin should include the FX version as well.
Look at SpaceCraft. Just brilliant. You can work with samples, do real-time sampling (live sampling) and use ANY of your own plugins to manipulate their signal. This is how modern sound design works today.

David wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:12 pm TL/DR: DO NOT MISS!

The shame about Palindrome being on sale for $10 until early Jan 2020, would be that ANYone with even the slightest interest in Granular synthesis did NOT grab this.
Oh yes :dog:

Nice videos. Thx.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 pm Palindrome is cool but I stopped using granular instruments which allow only to import samples. I don´t like this ancient method of sound design. I want a grain manipulating plugin as effect to process my synths and instruments. Having to record and export, drag & drop samples all the time is a bummer. Absolutely kills any creative workflow.
I think the devs start to realize that and give their plugins away for just a few bucks
Can you show me a granular EFX-instrument which is capable of morphing 4 different sounds together using tons of modulation on each single sampler?

Maybe Crusher-X is your cup of tea. It´s an insert-efx-granular monster as well as a granular synths itsself. Like you wish. You won´t find something more deep at the moment but even though, it won´t do what Palindrome does :phones:

nichttuntun wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm
enCiphered wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 pm Palindrome is cool but I stopped using granular instruments which allow only to import samples. I don´t like this ancient method of sound design. I want a grain manipulating plugin as effect to process my synths and instruments. Having to record and export, drag & drop samples all the time is a bummer. Absolutely kills any creative workflow.
Can you show me a granular EFX-instrument which is capable of morphing 4 different sounds together using tons of modulation on each single sampler?

Maybe Crusher-X is your cup of tea. It´s an insert-efx-granular monster as well as a granular synths itsself. Like you wish. You won´t find something more deep at the moment but even though, it won´t do what Palindrome does :phones:
Why do you think that I need something specific?
And why do you even feel the need for comparisons? Really strange..

I can do what Palindrome does with ANY granular plugin and M4L with millions more modulations.

Obviously, there's lots of options since there's lots of different needs and preferences; waste of time to argue over whose got the better wants, IMO.

But show me another $10 device that does as much with granular techniques, and as easily, as Palindrome does…and I'll buy that one, too:)

In fact I did just update Padshop for $30, and interesting as that may prove to be, I don’t think anyone could argue that it's as easy to use or even as powerful as Palindrome, certainly not 3 times better. But I don't care if anyone disagrees; that's why there's other people, AFAICT: So different experiences and different opinions can actually happen:)

All I'm concerned about is that anybody who might really dig Palindrome's features would fail to discover it, or for some reason dismiss it, while it's such a great deal. The more people who buy it and love it, the less this huge Glitchmachines blow-out will seem to be a distressing sign of creative genius failing to be appreciated and to prosper, and the more it might mean just the opposite for GM.

Return to “Instruments”