New granular morph plotting sampler: Glitchmachines Palindrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote:Received that in my inbox this morning:
Save 35% on all purchases through Aug. 15th.
Code: GLTCHSUMMER
Thanks for the info :party:

Are Palindrome, Polygon, Cataract and Quadrant
Polyphonic or monophonic?
https://glitchmachines.com/products/palindrome/
and does it make a difference?
Can I use my own samples?

are the Black Friday Glitchmachines sales any better?

Kalamata Kid wrote:Are Palindrome, Polygon, Cataract and Quadrant
Polyphonic or monophonic?
https://glitchmachines.com/products/palindrome/
and does it make a difference?
Can I use my own samples?

are the Black Friday Glitchmachines sales any better?
Regarding the polyphony, Palindrome seems to have 4-note polyphony: https://glitchmachines.com/wp-content/u ... _Guide.pdf

And yes you can upload your own samples. That's where these tools start to shine imo!

Finally, I have all their plug-ins again and my penny pinching ways have been sated.
I don't believe their internal sales get too much better, possibly on occasion.

@Kalamata Kid,

You can get them on sale at Plugin Boutique on occasion. The ones I bought
there seem to have been at around 60% off. I bought most of them there
actually, a few via direct GM sales.

-Cheers

Finally had the chance to buy that bad boy. I only scratched the surface by exploring & twisting presets, and also experimented with a few of my own samples and wow, this alien thing is nuts! :-o

Add a deep and lush reverb over it like Adaptiverb or Blackhole and boom! Outerspace organic soundscape = checked.

Shame on me for not getting it before. Glad they did a summer sale.

Pure ear candy for any sonic explorers.

Cool that you jumped on the Palindrome wave and you like it too :)

A joyful modulation to you :)

nichttuntun wrote:Cool that you jumped on the Palindrome wave and you like it too :)

A joyful modulation to you :)
Yep! I've heard some people complaining that the overall sound Palindrome is producing is bit to rough and on the raw side, not polished enough. First I think the key is (like any granular synths in fact) to use your own samples if you find the Glitchmachines ones too, well glitchy and clicky. Then another trick I think is to use Palindrome as a sound generator, then process the results further more with more tools and effects. I started exploring FFT/spectral effects placed right after Palindrome combined with some lush reverb and the results are pretty amazing, moving & organic. And smooth! That’s the key to make it shines I think.

I've been holding off on getting this for a while. I have all of their other stuff and love em! I tend to tone the dry / wet down a bit on the effects (same with things like Tantra).

How much longer can I hold out?

Hi guys,
Ivo updated CONVEX and this awesome modulation EFX plugin now is complete freely re-sizeable and it looks and feels great. I am so thrilled by that development and I am looking forward for upcoming updates for his other sound generators :)

Thank you so much. Its great that you keep up improving your plugins and that you believe in your path and put all the care and time into it. I do so much appreciate that.

Cheers and a joyful modulation

nichttuntun wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am Hi guys,
Ivo updated CONVEX
Nice! Sadly, unless you bought it directly from GM there is no way to get it. Or even the
1.1 update from a couple years ago apparently...

*Although, I suppose the 1.1 thing could be a versioning error.
Anyway, I'm sure it will turn up at some point. A caveat of buying from a vendor, in this case. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 am
nichttuntun wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am Hi guys,
Ivo updated CONVEX
Nice! Sadly, unless you bought it directly from GM there is no way to get it. Or even the
1.1 update from a couple years ago apparently...

*Although, I suppose the 1.1 thing could be a versioning error.
Anyway, I'm sure it will turn up at some point. A caveat of buying from a vendor, in this case. :shrug:
Okay. That's not so good. I always only buy from the developers cause I like to support them directly.

Maybe you can contact Ivo and ask kindly for the 1.2 update? I know him as a very open minded and kind person.

Meh, I'm not super worried about it. I'm really only mentioning it as a friendly reminder
that they need to work on their distribution system a bit, as it's not particularly efficient.
A fact that I'm sure they are keenly aware of. It extends to the direct purchases
as well, I have bought their stuff, both from vendors and direct. The vendor side provides
a user account and unlimited access to the downloads. They are delayed is all.
On the direct side, they really need to work out a user account system and whatnot. ;)

You should also get updates if bought via PluginBoutique who had some ridiculous sales on GM recently for less that £5
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 am You should also get updates if bought via PluginBoutique who had some ridiculous sales on GM recently for less that £5
I have about 10 plugs I need to update thru PB, when I checked the other day. Fingers crossed that Cataract may be one of them

EDIT: Nope. Not yet, at least

I hope that the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas and end of year sales include Palindrome!

Also wondering if ChordScape has any similarity to any of the GM plugins.
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/chordscape-kontakt/
It's on sale for around $50.

Return to “Instruments”