Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

pekbro wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:19 am
vurt wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:00 pm that sounds pretty awesome!
does it overdub and loop too?
Seemingly, there is no overdub but it can loop.

An alternative to this is ++pvocloop from Tom Erbe, designer of your Morphagene, no overdub
there either, still pretty cool if you're not after an entire virtual modular system. Just sayin :)

http://www.soundhack.com/pvoc/
cool!
that's what i love about morphagene, it can overdub and loop itself, recording the effected stuff over itself :o
it uses two separate tracks, rather than a stereo (well, i suppose it is true stereo actually, two separate audio lanes?) so you can go out from output l and in to input r.
can get a bit crazy :love:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:38 pm Just go to the store and you'll find them. Can't just add to library. Have to purchase for $0.00.
Just FYI, this isn't right, you're not supposed to have to enter payment information for free modules. Something got missed when we switched over to a new payment processing system. We'll get this straightened out this week, hopefully along with the other payment issues mentioned here.

- Dan @ Cherry

cherryDan wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:38 pm Just go to the store and you'll find them. Can't just add to library. Have to purchase for $0.00.
Just FYI, this isn't right, you're not supposed to have to enter payment information for free modules. Something got missed when we switched over to a new payment processing system. We'll get this straightened out this week, hopefully along with the other payment issues mentioned here.

- Dan @ Cherry
Oh good. I just went through it and wondered "why are they making me go through the buy-flow when there is nothing to buy. But I did anyway. Good this is not "normal". :phones:

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm

cool!
that's what i love about morphagene, it can overdub and loop itself, recording the effected stuff over itself :o
it uses two separate tracks, rather than a stereo (well, i suppose it is true stereo actually, two separate audio lanes?) so you can go out from output l and in to input r.
can get a bit crazy :love:
Yeah the morphagene sounds awesome and owning one is definitely in my future :tu:
Anyway, I love his plugins as well, all of them are pretty interesting imho. :)

@Cherry Audio,
"it can overdub and loop itself, recording the effected stuff over itself"
wouldnt it be great if Sampler II could do this as well? :wink:

-Cheers

cherryDan wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm

- Dan @ Cherry
Not a problem Dan.

PS - VM is a virtual playground unlike anything I've seen short of Reaktor, which we all know is a royal PITA if you want to create some of the stuff offered here. I wouldn't even know where to begin. So thanks for this great system.

pekbro wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:08 pm @Cherry Audio,
"it can overdub and loop itself, recording the effected stuff over itself"
wouldnt it be great if Sampler II could do this as well? :wink:

-Cheers
indeed, so much fun to be had sending it out through filters/delays and then recapturing and repeat and rinse :D

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm indeed, so much fun to be had sending it out through filters/delays and then recapturing and repeat and rinse :D
Sampler II does this now. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how overdubbing would be useful? Sampling the sound on top of itself would just make it louder.

As it is, with Sampler II you can use a gate to both trigger the sample playing back and trigger the sampling at the same time. If you run the sample through effects, filters, etc., and then back into Sampler IIs inputs, you can instantly resample any sound into a pretty wild sample. We've taken basic audio clips and turned them into awesome washes of noise this way.

Dan

wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm PS - VM is a virtual playground unlike anything I've seen short of Reaktor, which we all know is a royal PITA if you want to create some of the stuff offered here. I wouldn't even know where to begin. So thanks for this great system.
I've passed your comments on to the team here at Cherry Audio. We really appreciate your feedback! There's some pretty cool new stuff set to drop in the next 48 hours or so, I can't wait to tell you about the new features and new modules that are coming to Voltage Modular. Stay tuned...!

Dan @ Cherry Audio

Like a lot those two modules. Think that the fact that Hetrick is jumping into VM is quite promising and expand (even more) VM capabilities, at least in my opinion.

Another new modules (free) from Andrew Macaulay:

Notes Panel 16HP https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/notes-panel-16hp
Notes Panel 8HP https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/notes-panel-8hp

placeholder[1].png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Why need another blank?

I picked up the Andrew Macaulay bundle and I've got to say, the matrix mixer is insane and worth the price alone. The envelopes are really great too.

Nleif wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 am I picked up the Andrew Macaulay bundle and I've got to say, the matrix mixer is insane and worth the price alone. The envelopes are really great too.
Agree. Demoing the Ultimate bundle, the envelope is a very useful tool as well as the general utility modules. Seriously considering adding the bundle to the shopping cart. Great job! :clap:

cherryDan wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm indeed, so much fun to be had sending it out through filters/delays and then recapturing and repeat and rinse :D
Sampler II does this now. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how overdubbing would be useful? Sampling the sound on top of itself would just make it louder.

As it is, with Sampler II you can use a gate to both trigger the sample playing back and trigger the sampling at the same time. If you run the sample through effects, filters, etc., and then back into Sampler IIs inputs, you can instantly resample any sound into a pretty wild sample. We've taken basic audio clips and turned them into awesome washes of noise this way.

Dan
with morphagene for example, recording is always at 100% speed. while playback varies greatly, so it's not recording direct over itself as reinforcement.

so even a single snare hit, with no delay/other fx except for the time variant can, over time build to a massive wash of ambient noise :love:

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 am
Like a lot those two modules. Think that the fact that Hetrick is jumping into VM is quite promising and expand (even more) VM capabilities, at least in my opinion.
Definitely great having Michaels work available in VM, although I suspect he just loves
everything modular and cant help himself. :lol: Anyway, looking forward to any further
offerings...

I have brought VM to the attention of Tom Erbe (Soundhack) as well. It would be great
to have some of his designs available for the system too. :tu:

**Although, I'm sure he would not be able to reproduce his current designs due to licensing,
no doubt he has plenty of other ideas up his sleeve should he be interested.

Return to “Instruments”