Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm Question about sampler module.

Are samples internally stored in the module or do they have to be included elsewhere (in a folder) if you want to share patches with another user?
i looked at the size of the presets, the presets file size with samples is much bigger. an indication that they are stored within the patch. i have at this time only my laptop, will try it out when i am back to my studio, if they load without the correct path to a sample, or that sample is simply missing on my system.

EDIT: one of the patches on my laptop uses a sample, located an the external harddrive, which isn't connected. and it loaded, with sample. also changing the name of the sample directory on the internal drive, where one sample is located..., the patches that use that sample will also load..

the answer seems to be: included, nice, makes things easier, to share.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm Question about sampler module.

Are samples internally stored in the module or do they have to be included elsewhere (in a folder) if you want to share patches with another user?
i looked at the size of the presets, the presets file size with samples is much bigger. an indication that they are stored within the patch. i have at this time only my laptop, will try it out when i am back to my studio, if they load without the correct path to a sample, or that sample is simply missing on my system.

EDIT: one of the patches on my laptop uses a sample, located an the external harddrive, which isn't connected. and it loaded, with sample. also changing the name of the sample directory on the internal drive, where one sample is located..., the patches that use that sample will also load..

the answer seems to be: included, nice, makes things easier, to share.
Thank you. Appreciate the effort in testing this.

One more question. What's the difference between Sampler I and Sampler II? They appear to be almost identical.

I think the samples in the folder are:
Drive: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Voltage \

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 am One more question. What's the difference between Sampler I and Sampler II? They appear to be almost identical.
“Sampler II includes all of the features of Sampler I, plus real-time stereo sampling. Sampling can be triggered by input signals that go beyond an adjustable threshold, or can be started and stopped with CV via the REC GATE input. Sampler II can even resample itself, by feeding its outputs into its inputs. With Sampler II, it’s possible to build generative patches that sample and loop themselves as part of the patch, which can lead to some mind-blowing possibilities.”

abernathy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:36 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 am One more question. What's the difference between Sampler I and Sampler II? They appear to be almost identical.
“Sampler II includes all of the features of Sampler I, plus real-time stereo sampling. Sampling can be triggered by input signals that go beyond an adjustable threshold, or can be started and stopped with CV via the REC GATE input. Sampler II can even resample itself, by feeding its outputs into its inputs. With Sampler II, it’s possible to build generative patches that sample and loop themselves as part of the patch, which can lead to some mind-blowing possibilities.”
Thanks. Appreciate it.

that sounds pretty awesome!
does it overdub and loop too?

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm Are samples internally stored in the module or do they have to be included elsewhere (in a folder) if you want to share patches with another user?
The sample data is stored in the presets, in order to make it very easy to share presets with others, move them to other computers, save DAW projects that include samples, etc. The original file is no longer needed once you've loaded a sample.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm Are samples internally stored in the module or do they have to be included elsewhere (in a folder) if you want to share patches with another user?
The sample data is stored in the presets, in order to make it very easy to share presets with others, move them to other computers, save DAW projects that include samples, etc. The original file is no longer needed once you've loaded a sample.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
This is so good to hear. I wish everybody would do this and I could stop asking this question.

Suddenly I saw at night.
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/crackle

placeholder[1].png

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/dust

placeholder[1].png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok now things are getting spooky. Ghost modules??? :phones:

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:00 pm that sounds pretty awesome!
does it overdub and loop too?
Seemingly, there is no overdub but it can loop.

An alternative to this is ++pvocloop from Tom Erbe, designer of your Morphagene, no overdub
there either, still pretty cool if you're not after an entire virtual modular system. Just sayin :)

http://www.soundhack.com/pvoc/

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:54 pm Just thought i would drop in and ask how everyone is getting on with voltage. Are there any new exciting oscillators and filters? I really liked the super osc and lfo/env....but are there any new ones? I actually really liked the softish sound of the voltage oscillators, but are there any that are significantly different in sound?
Probably going to (finally) buy it next week. I will def wanna try the PSP stuff.
PSP is working on an FM-based sound generator.

Vult is working on updating performance of his (awesome!!!) filers and some new stuff, perhaps one of more of those VCV modules: https://modlfo.github.io/VultModules/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hoping to see one of Vult's Osc but most definitely his drum modules soon.

plexuss wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:47 am Ok now things are getting spooky. Ghost modules??? :phones:
Just go to the store and you'll find them. Can't just add to library. Have to purchase for $0.00.

Return to “Instruments”