Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm my studio is not "on" right now, i am on my laptop, do not see the allpass filter.
This should definitely, for-serious-this-time, be fixed for you now!

Thanks,
Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 pm
WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm my studio is not "on" right now, i am on my laptop, do not see the allpass filter.
This should definitely, for-serious-this-time, be fixed for you now!

Thanks,
Dan @ Cherry Audio
yeah!!

Still working to finish my granular module, but meanwhile, here’s something else: The Drift Pack is now available at the Cherry Audio Store! It contains five compact modules for adding smooth random movement, instability, imperfections and maybe even that elusive analog quality to your patches. Use the modules subtly to add some life to static sounds, or turn the knobs to max for cool and crazy effects! The modules are also useful for adding stereo width to mono sounds. Get the whole bundle for just $15, demo also available!

The Drift Pack: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/the-drift-pack
Intro video: https://youtu.be/A1vNu0UVWlA

I also have at least one extra module that will be added later to the bundle at no extra cost!
Last edited by Captain on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:23 am Still working to finish my granular module, but meanwhile, here’s something else: The Drift Pack is now available at the Cherry Audio Store! It contains five compact modules for adding smooth random movement, instability, imperfections and maybe even that elusive analog quality to your patches. Use the modules subtly to add some life to static sounds, or turn the knobs to max for cool and crazy effects! The modules are also useful for adding stereo width to mono sounds. The whole bundle is available now for just $15!

I also have at least one extra module that will be added later to the bundle at no extra cost!
downloaded the demo, used the vintage osc, and the poly osc, fast... tried 3 modules... 5 minutes later i bought them... great stuff... i like it. i like imperfections... when they are working in a song... of course...

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:34 am downloaded the demo, used the vintage osc, and the poly osc, fast... tried 3 modules... 5 minutes later i bought them... great stuff... i like it. i like imperfections... when they are working in a song... of course...
Glad you like it! :D I have this obsession with (some) things being slightly random and not-exactly-where-they-should-be, which is strange, considering that I'm also a control freak and semi-OCD. But maybe it's exactly that: giving up (some) control to an unpredictable random processor feels strangely good in a way. And of course the effect is cumulative, so multiple small imperfections and drifting variables in a patch or song add up nicely.

Captain wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:06 am
WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:34 am downloaded the demo, used the vintage osc, and the poly osc, fast... tried 3 modules... 5 minutes later i bought them... great stuff... i like it. i like imperfections... when they are working in a song... of course...
Glad you like it! :D I have this obsession with (some) things being slightly random and not-exactly-where-they-should-be, which is strange, considering that I'm also a control freak and semi-OCD. But maybe it's exactly that: giving up (some) control to an unpredictable random processor feels strangely good in a way. And of course the effect is cumulative, so multiple small imperfections and drifting variables in a patch or song add up nicely.
i have the same; a control freak, but make many happy accidents (but after many years i create the accidents, and still happy), slightly things off, discrepances, all musical, but i have strange way of working. and sometimes it is smooth. many different tracks, but all industrial/experimental. i rearrange things but i leave always some room. masking i do not like always, but it works in many cases. my mixing capabilities are reasonable, for my music even good... i like sometimes masking, when 2 sounds will almost become one, and then they split. for example.

i make my own sounds, from scratch, so it always sound based (exception: drum kits, although i make my own drum loops [if you can call them that, they are rythmic and the base) and have an own drum kit, all samples made with a field recorder[). and the sounds are most of the times little "strange", considering the comments i get (mostly positive).

so this bundle adds building blocks (sorry for the use of the term blocks......) to create what i want.

Hi! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have released volume 2 of the Benard Mega Bundle today.

Volume 2 brings another 43 powerful modules to Voltage Modular. It includes chaotic generators (Logistic Map, Lorenz Attractor, Quantussi Cell, LFO Matrix), sound sources (Pluck, Additive Bell, Quad Oscillator), drone and noise sources (Boolean Drone, Square Noise, Breakpoint Oscillator), sequencers (Trigger Position Sequencer, Random Choice), utilities (Map Range, Precision Attenuverters, 3-Way Crossfader, Timer, Auto-Panner, Auto-Crossfader), controllers (Sloth LFO, Slider Box, Octature LFO, Poly LFO, Mini Voltage Grid, Phase Offset Poly LFO), a Fixed Filter Bank, and a quadraphonic panner (Mono to Quad Circular Panner), along with a huge collection of unique polyphonic modules. A few more modules will be added to the bundle for free in the near future.

Like Vol. 1, it greatly expands the possibilities of Voltage Modular, and provides many powerful tools for synthesis, generative music, and noise and drone creation.

You can check out a demo video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3IZu4N ... e=youtu.be

There is a 14-day free demo available at the Cherry Audio store:
https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/mega-bundle-vol-2

I have also added 2 new modules to the Benard Mega Bundle Vol. 1: Poly VU Meter, and Poly Sign. These will show up automatically as soon as the new build of that bundle is authorized.

All the best,

H

I also wanted to mention that to celebrate the release of Volume 2 and the upcoming 1 year anniversary of Voltage Modular, for a limited time you can get the Benard Mega Bundle Vol. 1 and the Mini Modules Bundle at the discounted prices of $89.99 (from $129.99) and $33 (from $40) respectively. So if you've been waiting to get these, now is the perfect time!

I will also be releasing a free collection of presets this week, that will include around 70 patches using the Benard modules from all the different bundles, including the ones used on the demo video. I hope to get this collection better organized in the near future, but some of you have been asking for this, and I wanted users to have at least a few examples to work with. More about this soon, but this should be ready in a couple of days.

I will try to make more videos showing how to use the different modules and breaking down some presets and patching basics. Please feel free to contact me if there's anything in particular you'd like me to cover, and subscribe to the Benard Audio YouTube channel if you don't want to miss future videos.

I hope you enjoy using the new modules, and thanks for supporting our work!

Cheers,

Hector

Thanks, Hector!
This is great news, I've been wanting to buy Bundle Vol.1 for a long time.
But can you be asked to make an overview video of it, just like you did with Vol.2?
Your examples will reveal a variety of experiences with the modules.
Thank you in advance!

Сheers,
Aleks

Hi Aleks,

Yes, I will try to make a little demo video for Volume 1 as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

As requested, here's a quick demo video of the Benard Mega Bundle Volume 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQNcGRuQcNg
Many of the modules in this bundle are also used in the previous video for Vol.2, but I only used modules from Vol.1 for this one.

The presets for the Benard modules have finally been published. If you purchased or are still demoing one of the bundles, they should automatically appear in VM. They're also available as a free item on the store.

Hope people will find these useful, and will enjoy making some music and noise with the modules. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, comments, requests, or bug reports.

KVR friends,

Voltage Modular has been out for a full year, so it's time for us to celebrate! And what a truly incredible year it's been. The list of modules available for Voltage Modular has exploded. We now have hundreds of incredible third-party modules from a stunning list of third-party developers. We've gotten some truly amazing and humbling reviews from major magazines and web sites. And we've built an unmatched community of talented musicians, clever experimenters, mad scientists, and creative programmers.

Let the celebration begin!

In honor of our Year One Anniversary Celebration, Cherry Audio is very proud to introduce Voltage Modular Nucleus - absolutely FREE until August 31st! This collection of 22 modules and 67 presets is the ultimate introduction to modular synthesis. This package includes all of the fundamentals of subtractive analog synthesis, including oscillators, filters, envelope generators, amplifiers, and mixers, plus a sequencer, arpeggiator, and a full suite of useful utility modules and powerful effects modules. With Voltage Modular Nucleus, you can discover the thrill of patching modules together in new and endlessly creative ways, and explore all of the capabilities of Voltage Modular, absolutely free.

The new Cherry Audio Year One Collection, regularly $199, is now priced at an insanely low $99 during our Year One Celebration! The Year One Collection includes all 19 commercial modules that Cherry Audio released in Voltage Modular's first year. These stellar and innovative modules let you warp and shape your modular sound in crazy new ways. The Year One Collection includes Additive Oscillator, ESP-20 Processor, Hex Phaser, Lyrinx Filter, Mega Saw, MPE Interface, Octagon Sequencer, Random Task, Remote Control, Sampler II, Sixteen-Step Sequencer, Stereo Delay, TB Filter, TB Oscillator, VCF-20 Filter, VCO-20 Dual Oscillator, Vintage Resonator, Vocoder, and Voltage-Controlled Mixer.

If you already own some of these modules, your price of the Year One Collection will be even lower!

For the Year One Anniversary celebration, Cherry Audio is offering Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums for the never-before-seen celebratory price of just $50 (regularly $199)! Voltage Modular Ignite is slashed to $25 (regularly $50), and Ignite users can upgrade to Core + Electro Drums for only $25 (regularly $49)! And module developers can buy a commercial license for Voltage Modular Designer for only $50 (regularly $99)!

Many of our third-party module manufacturers are joining in the Year One celebrations by offering some incredible deals on their best module bundles! During our Year One Anniversary Celebration, get the PSP Ultimate Modular Collection for only $79 (regularly $149). The Benard Mega Bundle Volume 1 is only $89 (regularly $129). Vult has slashed prices in half; the Vult Fury Bundle is only $40 (regularly $80) and the Vult Rage Bundle is only $40 (regularly $80). Andrew Macaulay's Ultimate Bundle is a steal at $39 (regularly $45), Hetrick Volume 1 is only $20 (regularly $30), and the Misfit Audio Digi Drums Bundle is priced crazy low at only $10 (regularly $20)!

These discounts and special offers are only available from August 16th until August 31st!

Finally, we'd like to give a warm welcome our newest module developer, MRB. Mark Barton is a brilliant audio engineer, with a list of accomplishments a mile long. In the 1970s, Mark designed the Pollard Industries Syndrum, which defined the sound of electronic drums for the disco generation. He's also done groundbreaking work in speech synthesis, including writing the Macintalk text-to-speech system for the first Apple Macintosh computer. More recently, Mark has designed a spectacular suite of hardware synthesizer modules for Cyndustries, including the incredibly innovative and popular Zeroscillator module. He's now bringing his talents to Voltage Modular, and has just released the MRB Laboratory Bundle ($99). Mark describes these modules as "better than hardware", and he has ambitious plans to create many more modules! From great sounding oscillators and filters, to his unique Frequency Shifter and Dirt distortion modules, the MRB Laboratory Bundle showcases Mark's never-before-heard proprietary DSP. You've just got to hear what these modules can do, so click here for a demo: https://soundcloud.com/user-839315191/mrb-demo1
All sounds - even the speech! - were produced with the MRB Laboratory Modules.

Did something change?

Logged in last night and my upgrade to the Year One bundle was $52. Went in this morning and it is now $65.74?

Yeah, the price I get also changed between last night and today. No idea why. Though it is nice that they give a discount based on the products already owned.

Return to “Instruments”