Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

It's really nice to see that several of our recent requests have already been implemented in this new version! Thanks for listening to you users CA, and great job on the new modules!

I also noticed that Dan mentioned that there are some new 3rd party modules coming soon, but he forgot to mention that my new bundle of mini modules is already available at the store:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/m ... les-bundle

I have several new and exciting modules that will be released soon, but I though I should just mention the release of this bundle for now, in case some people missed it.

Cheers!

Hi Mr Benard,
A question :
If I buy your mega bundle, will it include your future modules?
Best.
Best
YY

Hi Whywhy,

The mini modules are not included in the mega bundle. I will be adding some new modules to the mega bundle shortly that will be free for people who already own it, but I also have a new collection of comparable size to the first mega bundle that will be released in the near future. I see this as similar to the way Cherry Audio adds modules to the core package, but also releases new modules that are not included in that package and are offered separately.

As a user myself, I realize that it's really nice to receive the new modules as part of the existing bundles I already own, as with the additions to core, or with some other developers, and this would be possible if I just wanted to release a handful of modules from time to time. But it's also nice to see lots of new modules being developed, even if they're sold separately. And in my case, I simply wouldn't be able to invest the kind of time and resources it takes to be able to develop all the new modules I want and keep expanding the collections in a significant way if I were to just include them in the old bundles.

I think the new bundles make sense on their own as separate products, and some of the new modules will really exciting. But I do also want to keep including additions to the old bundles from time to time, to add value and show some love to my users. I hope this makes sense.

All the best,

H

It makes sense !
Best
YY

I am demoing the mini modules from Bernard the last 5 hours and I like them. They are working good and it gives much more space on your screen. Very happy with the Mini Loth LFO which produces very very long LFO times. Nice work

Hi there,

Can any of the owners of the "Andrew Macaulay Modules" demonstrate examples of sound
of Pattern Ratcheter and / or Micro Ratcheter ?

I also really want to listen to any audio examples of modules from the
Andrew Macaulay's Ultimate Bundle collection (there are no links to products of this developer on YouTube)
Does anyone use this collection?

I will like more esoteric modules, the software should free hardware concepts (eg mutable), why not more digital ideas (like twistedtools on reaktor)
, key switch mapping for snapshot setting switch(fsu possible) ,graphical automation module with draw option .
peace and love for all.

Saw wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:54 am Hi there,

Can any of the owners of the "Andrew Macaulay Modules" demonstrate examples of sound
of Pattern Ratcheter and / or Micro Ratcheter ?

I also really want to listen to any audio examples of modules from the
Andrew Macaulay's Ultimate Bundle collection (there are no links to products of this developer on YouTube)
Does anyone use this collection?
audio examples i do not know, he has is own website:

https://andrewmacaulaymusic.uk/modules/

yes i do use them. i like them.

Hi KVR friends,

We've been busily concocting fun and fabulous new filter modules to further expand Voltage Modular's sound palette... check 'em out!

Lyrinx Filter

The Lyrinx Filter ($15) precisely replicates the unique Voltage-Controlled Formant Filter of the super rare Synton Syrinx synthesizer. Consisting of two bandpass and one lowpass filter with multiple routing configurations, its excels at creating unique vocal-like timbres and includes extensive CV capabilities. This lets you easily create funky "talking" synth sounds. Lyrinx is super easy to use and capable of a very wide array of timbres. Here's a video showing some of what it can do:

https://youtu.be/Dgr2gnWi1og

Vintage Resonator

A couple of us loonies here at Cherry Audio have recently (and somewhat coincidentally) acquired vintage Moog Polymoog synthesizers. One of the most interesting and compelling features of this imposing synth is its "resonators" section. It quickly became obvious that we needed to clone it, thus Vintage Resonator ($15) was born! Originally described as something of a parametric EQ-on-steroids, the resonators section is really three state-variable filters in a parallel configuration, each operating in a chunk of the frequency spectrum (low/mid/high). The filters are globally switchable to operate in highpass, bandpass, or lowpass modes, and they're fantastic at imparting an organic feel to otherwise blah patches. If you've ever heard "The Model" by Kraftwerk, almost every sound in the track makes use of the Polymoog's resonators section.

By most accounts, the original Polymoog version has two major shortcomings: the filter slopes are a little too shallow to create really dramatic resonance effects, and the filter cutoff frequencies aren't CV controllable. We've addressed both of these issues with a 12/24 db slope selector, as well as bipolar CV inputs for each filter's cutoff frequency (which allow killer phaser-ish swept sounds). Best of all, Vintage Resonator costs a fraction of the original, and we excluded the Polymoogs-are-always-broken "feature." Check out this video of Vintage Resonator in action:

https://youtu.be/uNQNiHwaJvY

Allpass Filter

The Allpass Filter (FREE with Voltage Core package) can be a little confusing on the surface - it would seem that an "allpass" filter wouldn't do much of anything, but in reality, allpass filters alter the phase of a user-definable area of frequencies. You've probably heard allpass filters in action: the classic swooshing sound of phaser effects is the sound of continuously varying an allpass filter's center frequency. In actuality, it's usually the sound of multiple allpass filters in series, as the "swoosh" becomes more prominent when cascading multiple allpass filters.

This module was originally created to help prototype our wicked Hex Phaser module, and we thought users might enjoy using it to create their own Frankenstein modular phaser effects. In addition to its frequency and width controls, it includes a bipolar CV input for frequency modulation - plug an LFO into this to sweep the frequency and create your own DIY swooshery.

Voltage Modular and Module Designer 1.3.15

New updates to Voltage Modular and Module Designer have been released!

Voltage Modular 1.3.15 contains a new preference in the Interface preferences called "Delay Play Trigger and Gate Until Measure Boundary". If this preference is activated, when hitting Play in a DAW, Voltage Modular will wait until the start of a measure before sending the Play trigger, ensuring the sequencers will stay in sync with the project. This useful preference is on by default. Note that this new preference will solve tempo sync issues that have been experienced by users of Cubase.

Module Designer 1.3.15 will now compile properly when JDK 12 and above is installed. Since Voltage Modular’s own custom Java engine is compatible with Java 11, when using JDK 12 or over, Module Designer will issue a command to the compiler telling it to compile Java code that is compatible with Java 11.

Voltage Modular's one year anniversary is coming next month! Stay tuned for some exciting announcements!

Dan, great modules.

But I stopped to buy, even though it's all cool. This ultimately goes into a large amount if you buy all the new items.

Will there sets in the future, where you could buy them together? (for example, Big Vintage Bundle)

the allpass filter does not show up, strangely. updated to 1.3.15.

EDIT: bought the vintage resonator.. great filter!

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:17 am the allpass filter does not show up, strangely. updated to 1.3.15.
Funny, I've put it to use straight after updating. :? I chose to update the standalone upon exit and then after the update was finished I opened Voltage Modular in my DAW (Reaper). Checked if it pops up upon closing and reopening the app or restarting the computer? :)
Last edited by Gone soft on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: oopsie, quoted myself instead of editing - I blame the redwine we had with our barbeque :ud:

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:17 am the allpass filter does not show up, strangely. updated to 1.3.15.
Please check again, it'll be there now.

Thanks,
Dan @ Cherry Audio

[
Gone soft wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:17 pm
Funny, I've put it to use straight after updating. :? I chose to update the standalone upon exit and then after the update was finished I opened Voltage Modular in my DAW (Reaper). Checked if it pops up upon closing and reopening the app or restarting the computer? :)
i opened and closed and loaded VM several times in different DAW's, while working on other things, songs... and experimenting with the vintage resonator.... already nice patches, and one worked its way in a song i was working on. still the basics...
cherryDan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:37 pm
Please check again, it'll be there now.

Thanks,
Dan @ Cherry Audio
my studio is not "on" right now, i am on my laptop, do not see the allpass filter. opened and closed several times. and when i was in my studio i was working a lot with VM.
or i do not see it... ("filter" as search option does not show allpass filter)... or i do not know... on 2 different systems...

the vintage resonator is there, which i like very much....

Return to “Instruments”