Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

waited 1 day to run VM but it didn't auto-update, so I had to download and installed 1.3.5 manually.

Let's hope the next update will remember the custom VST2 filepath that's supposedly fixed on this one (right?) :)

Koshdukai wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:50 am Let's hope the next update will remember the custom VST2 filepath that's supposedly fixed on this one (right?) :)
If you don't mind, would you re-run the VM 1.3.5 installer and verify that the VST path and application path have been remembered? We'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:50 am Let's hope the next update will remember the custom VST2 filepath that's supposedly fixed on this one (right?) :)
If you don't mind, would you re-run the VM 1.3.5 installer and verify that the VST path and application path have been remembered? We'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Ah right, I can do that! :)

Ok, so... it's not remembering my install choices (I never install AAX) ...I know that's not "the thing" but take it as a new suggestion/improvement: remembering the previously installed choices :)

...and YUP! It remembers the custom VST2 path now. Cool! :tu:

HetrickCV Volume 1
This is the first bundle of Voltage Modular modules by Michael Hetrick of Unfiltered Audio. This bundle of 19 modules covers 8-bit processing (Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog), gate processing (Rotator, Random Gates, Gate Junction, Boolean Logic, Flip-Flop), audio processing (Contrast, Waveshaper), creative mixing (Scanner, 2-to-4 Mix Matrix, Flip Pan), and more. This versatile bundle will bring a lot of new depth to your patches with professional DSP and the potential for deep, generative composition ideas.
https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/h ... v-volume-1

:) :)

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:14 am HetrickCV Volume 1
This is the first bundle of Voltage Modular modules by Michael Hetrick of Unfiltered Audio. This bundle of 19 modules covers 8-bit processing (Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog), gate processing (Rotator, Random Gates, Gate Junction, Boolean Logic, Flip-Flop), audio processing (Contrast, Waveshaper), creative mixing (Scanner, 2-to-4 Mix Matrix, Flip Pan), and more. This versatile bundle will bring a lot of new depth to your patches with professional DSP and the potential for deep, generative composition ideas.

a no-brainer for me, the functionality, and the price.. nice "experimental" modules.

and by the way: the super lfo has a help page, i understand the thing, but one output i never saw (why!), a clock output, and it is helpfull, for understanding the gate/trigger inputs. which i find strange, i had to understand them, why is reading about it, gives the reaction: o yes, of course, stupid, i most have known that..

Don't know what to do with half of it, but at the introprice I'm not even paying for a quarter of the modules and the ones that do make sense to me are so much fun to patch into - purchased! :hyper:

EDIT: whoops, that wasn't an introprice but just a very reasonable bundle price :oops:
Last edited by Gone soft on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How long will the intro price on the HetrickCV Volume 1 last?

agree, a tutorial or video wouldn't hurt

As far as I know the only module developer with intro price is Macaulay.

Damn, Instabuys for VM, that doesn't bode well (in a monetary sense) :D
Thanks Michael :tu:

Thanks everyone! The developer tools are awesome. I'm having a lot of fun making these on weekends or when I'm traveling (the rest of the week I spend full-time on Unfiltered), so hopefully I can get another volume out with some of the other sequencers from Euro Reakt.
bharris22 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 pm How long will the intro price on the HetrickCV Volume 1 last?
The $30 price is its regular price. The $180 listing is the cost of the individual modules in the bundle. Sorry for the confusion!

Gone soft wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:25 pm Don't know what to do with half of it, but at the introprice I'm not even paying for a quarter of the modules and the ones that do make sense to me are so much fun to patch into - purchased! :hyper:
Thanks! I put patch ideas on most of the individual module store pages. Let me know which ones are the most confusing and I could post more ideas.

I'm sure this is an excellent bundle. The problem is, a lot of this stuff, if not all of it, is covered in other bundles.

I see a problem for developers as this platform develops. As more and more functionality is covered, it is going to become harder and harder for anybody to get a piece of the market the later they enter it. Case in point, had this bundle come out a couple of months ago, it would have been an instant buy. But now, with so much of this covered already, I simply don't have a use for it.

And the problem for developers is only going to get worse as time goes on. They are going to have to come out with some really unique items to make any dent at all.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm And the problem for developers is only going to get worse as time goes on. They are going to have to come out with some really unique items to make any dent at all.
This is a good thing. :phones:

thelizard wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 pm I put patch ideas on most of the individual module store pages. Let me know which ones are the most confusing and I could post more ideas.
Well, I'm sure there's literarily thousands of things I could do with a flip flop but I've just noe idea as I haven't dealt with something like that before. That's the one where I don't even know where to start. If you could be so kind I'd appreciate different patching ideas and not just one little example. I wish to have some starting points as this is obviously a very flexible module once it's understood kind of what it can and can't be used and abused for. I'm sure there's various things to be done with connecting several flip flops as I vaguely remember trying to wrap my head around examples as I tried to get into Pure Data, but it really did my head in... :? :wink:

With the rest I think it's just a matter of experimenting and they'll gradually start to make sense to me. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”